THE DEATH OF FATHER WERT [PK]

Norgeth

THE DEATH OF FATHER WERT

1864 – 1933

HnNNKBgAc-j2dHzpemA8YMwQj9oevkaJrCPylqwVFHF81caDSvZv6Jdm8AKUiYbXWRW-oC9jxPEnVi1hXiAa5-JME918Bz79jfa0XximV6YI_CJwaWwK1Z6PSHGu198ChbWui-trChzltvQEw5u4UdQ

“I WILL FIND MY SPIRIT STEADFAST” – OWYNIST PRAYER OF INTENT

Father Wert, Pastor of Whitespire lay in his secluded barrel, dwelling in self-chosen poverty outside that capital city while a sweat covered his cavemannish brow. He was ill, having caught a dreadful plague in his time with the poor, explaining his recent absence - his living conditions did not help, but he refused to abandon his ascetic lifestyle. That night, Wert scribbled down his last-will, soon falling asleep in the isolated discomfort of his cramped home. Father Wert of Tuhrosweyk, Owynist Cleric and Pastor of the Aaunic capital died of his sickness before the morning sun rose. . .

LAST WILL OF FATHER WERT

To my apprentice and former-acolyte Father Rhodri, I leave my staff, made by the Lectorate of Owyn, hold onto it, it has many memories attached.

To my friend and teacher Kato Oijin, I leave my icepick, keep it well, I suspect its origin has much importance.

I leave the rest of my meager possessions to the Mother Church of Canondom, to be used in the common good.

Spoiler

I had alot of fun playing Wert, starting with his time in the Lectorate, his conversion to Canonism and the many interesting moments there-after, I truely thank all who have RPed with me over time, but I feel like Wert’s story is over. 

Soon the news reached Father Rhodri, the monastic-priest reading over the final will with a deep look of regret on his face, regret that he did not spend more time with his teacher. He knelt down in silent prayer for Wert's soul

little waldenian elf read the news, having thoroughly met the good Father a total of one (1) time and being supremely captivated by his grandfatherly wisdom and rigorous adherence to the faith. The young man threw his anguished, scrawny fists into the air...

"𝔑𝔢𝔢𝔢𝔢𝔢𝔢𝔦𝔦𝔫~...!"

Father Tonito mourned his first acolyte, secluding himself into his study to cry.

Shugo Kato lights candles on his personal shrine for Wert, and prepares a letter for Father Callahan.

Ottomar von Alstreim, starting to grey as the result of advanced age, went to light a candle in memory of the reposed priest.

Heinrich Lothar prays in the Temple of the Exalted Prophets of the Canon for the soul of Father Wert