The SINS of the INQUISITION

Apotolofo

Sir Zugha the Tower strapped on his old armor. It was a slow process, of course, now that he had only one arm to do it with. Strap through the buckle. Pin it there with your stump. Tighten. Secure. Next strap. 

As he did so, he talked to himself. "T'ain't good in Haense. Dishonored House. Tryin' to save face. May try revenge." The orc tied the Cardinal-King's cross to his belt. He'd started wearing it since he began his own journey back to honor. Then, he unwrapped Frostfire, his blade, from the clothes it had been wrapped in and hefted it over his shoulder. 

"Should travel to Haense. Protect the priests there." He opened the door to the hovel he lived in and made his way into the morning light. 

Aleksandr Audemar Amador, Baron-Consort of Mondstadt  was minding his own business, having just returned from a night in the Haeseni tavern. After having slept through a drunken slumber he, oblivious to any events of the night before found himself staring at the missive posted by his cousin in-law.

A response was quickly penned, directly sent to Nicolette.

@Apotolofo

"To Lady Nicolette Arika Amador,

There was no doubt unmatched brutality that took place, if what you wrote here is true. The claims of Allessandra having been a darkspawn I'm not in the least bit familiar with, but are a matter I entrust upon the Church and the Inquisition to investigate, and not blindly accuse one of. Your missive speaks not for House Amador not through the family. While your intentions are well meant, you are in no position to write such missives when not a single member of this House knows in full detail what happened. I will speak to the Inquisition, the Church and whoever else in the Koengzem that wishes to discuss the matter myself.

Signed,

Aleksandr Audemar Amador, Baron-Consort of Mondstadt."

"Oderint dum Metuant." Spoke the one-eyed Inquisitor as he walked through the Basilica. "Soon enough, this benighted family will all be tested for being accessories after the fact."

"She's got what she deserved."

An Elder cared not about this Amador's death or her child, for it was all foresaw in her vision.

"It is a fair trade for her betrayal. Death to the snake, and shall her future generation be forever cursed, my prince Otton may rest in peace now."

She trailed over, collecting the missive into her hands to store it somewhere within her office as she awaited the events and conflict to unfold as she shall remain only a witness for what had to come. Finally, she could rest with the thought that those who betrayed her prince had been punished by fate itself

The pregnant Klara Miray van Aert sipped her tea and continued sewing the gifts for her friends in Nor'asath. 

"At least it is something interesting." She'd murmur when told the news of the 'tragedy and drama.' 

2 hours ago, Mordhaund said:

INQUISITORIAL LETTER

bUYWCmCcIKFneWNHRQN1t_TIJqx2AhIHMeCxizLIdS_Onj77hPYojTE3Z31sPTzZvfH-dz8ZEax72asXViTtHp8mv3aAID4b93bTso2daTdGc0dCNiKTxu_hIYjUOVaJmHmOQgyv3pSGcjpUylQHgUg

PRETIUM MALEDICTI SANGUINIS

THE PRICE OF CURSED BLOOD

OF THE AUDITOR OF THE TRIBUNAL

ARMAND CARDINAL ALLOBROGUM

Addressed to the Lady, Nicolette Arika Amador.

ReJXaJcHrZEFyvPTvyf3foPmN0M3Cgcf0wzHGhNPAEFefzU-_Y2Qer3WWNu0v3PET2-jpo94CpGAksvJM7Z1-VCYxPi2TCx89z46LT508sD2Ur5_Ed_qgBJvrdNWhRK7BDa07GFdSDEfRxquZrs4IBM

It has come to the attention of the Dicastery for Canon Law, and subsequently to the Tribunal of our Holy Mother church, that, in your attempt to right the “wrong” that hath been committed upon your accursed kinswoman, you have chosen to take the sanctimonious words of Canon Law into your own hands and lay unwarranted judgement unto the Holy Inquisition of the Holy Mother Church.

Your first statement calls upon the Canticle of Humanity to state that only GOD may pass judgement. In communion with GOD, and in the name of His Holiness, the High Pontiff, as well as GOD himself, the Holy Tribunal passes judgement upon those who have broken Canon Law, in communion with GOD and before Him. The Holy Inquisition is made up of Inquisitors who hath each taken an eternal vow to GOD, the High Pontiff, and the Holy Tribunal, and through this, GOD, through the Holy Tribunal, hath as such granted unto these Inquisitors to enact judgement in the name of GOD.

In the name of GOD, they admonished the wretched Allessandra Amador that day.

Your second statement falsely accuses the Inquisition of the sin of Sacrilege. As a member of the laity, you do not have the right to declare violations of Canon Law. Since the Lord GOD breathed life into his Creation, we have all been born with the possibility of sin. If you believe someone may be in violation of the Lord’s virtue, bring notice to a bishop in private so that they might confer your concerns with the Tribunal.

The Inquisition did not perpetrate any kind of murder. Through the acquisition of numerous witness statements of those present at the scene of events, alongside the statement of the Grand Inquisitor, Nikolai Colborn, it is now known that the Inquisition had arrested her and questioned the slain subject, before attempting to question the Amador, at which moment she then utilised arcane magic in order to teleport away. This resulted in a swift chase from the Knights of the Haeseni militia, resulting in them pinning her down, testing her, and killing her upon discovering that she was a Vampyr. 

On the killing of the unborn child - it is known that the Vampyric Cure, provided through the pious wisdom of The Lectorate of Owyn, via the Flaming Covenant, known as St. Humbert’s Quintessence, causes great agony for vampires when administered, and, as such, would cause a miscarriage through the accompanying stress and continuous agony endured throughout the curing process. The unborn child, regardless of the situation by which the accursed Amador was cured, whether through death or through alchemical curing, would not have survived. There is no question about this; for this is the only way forward. 

The Holy Tribunal, and the Holy Mother Church, grieves the loss of an innocent babe to the crimes of her mother, but knows, in truth, that this was the only course. 

Non oportet malum stare, etiamsi bonum fiat.

Evil must not stand, even if good is done.

ReJXaJcHrZEFyvPTvyf3foPmN0M3Cgcf0wzHGhNPAEFefzU-_Y2Qer3WWNu0v3PET2-jpo94CpGAksvJM7Z1-VCYxPi2TCx89z46LT508sD2Ur5_Ed_qgBJvrdNWhRK7BDa07GFdSDEfRxquZrs4IBM

DURA LEX SED LEX

THE LAW IS HARSH, BUT IT IS THE LAW

[!] A response was swiftly written. 

Addressed to the Inquisition

I take no pity to the abomination that called herself an Amador, her death was rightfully executed. Something must be done to protect the sanctimony of the church. Might we speak in person, so that I may more adequately address my concerns? It would be quicker than penning letters, as I must dictate my words for another to write.

I want nothing more than to understand what the inquisition does and why, should you be kind enough to enlighten me. 

Sincerely,

Nicolette Arika Amador

A humble Retraction

Upon speaking with the Cardinal Father Armond, I have come to the realization that my accusations were unwisely worded, and brash. I thank Father Armond for revealing to me what I had overlooked. I hope the inquisition and those loyal to GOD forgive me for my rash words. 

Let it be known my intention was pure, free of any disdain or resentment. I want only what GOD would want for our people- but I am young in my service to the church, and I know not what GOD would want as well as the others may.

To any who agreed with my missive, I do hope that you may seek out an Inquisition member to speak with as I have. I have been enlightened, and I find myself to be closer to GOD. 

I formally retract my statement, 

Godan guide you.

Signed,

Nicolette Arika Amador

"The prattling's of heretics! Heathens I say!" Yvian proclaimed in a wild flurry to the passerby next to him "They harboured darkspawn! There is no excuse for such a crime! They must atone through penance!"

4 hours ago, Apotolofo said:

A humble Retraction

Upon speaking with the Cardinal Father Armond, I have come to the realization that my accusations were unwisely worded, and brash. I thank Father Armond for revealing to me what I had overlooked. I hope the inquisition and those loyal to GOD forgive me for my rash words. 

Let it be known my intention was pure, free of any disdain or resentment. I want only what GOD would want for our people- but I am young in my service to the church, and I know not what GOD would want as well as the others may.

To any who agreed with my missive, I do hope that you may seek out an Inquisition member to speak with as I have. I have been enlightened, and I find myself to be closer to GOD. 

I formally retract my statement, 

Godan guide you.

Signed,

Nicolette Arika Amador

A messenger brought word of the retraction to Patriarch Josef, who promptly shooed him away.

"God, that was still going on? I don't want to hear about it." He continued his dinner, biting into a ripe cherry tomato.

"My words mean very little here, though my cries of protest to save the child...not to defend the vampire or their actions, but to save the child.. that was what caused the Inquisition to order to kill me, the life of a child was lost, the purest of souls. They were more concerned with ending my life than saving the child, something I will eternal guilt for, and hatred towards the Inquisition who had no care. My heart goes out to the Amador family who had lost a innocent child, and were deceived by their once family.

Andrei hung his letter of reply, before returning to care for his child, just hoping he would not be considered treasonous.