Back from a long break and i have questions!

planttyy

Hi friends! I'm not quite sure if this is the right place to ask this so please forgive me if it's not-- I started rping here about 3 years ago and didn't really gain much traction in my roleplay since I was a bit afraid to initiate, and the character I made honestly just didn't click with me. I'm thinking of coming back for a bit, and I was wondering if anyone might have an answer to a couple questions of mine :) 

A bit of background-- my starting OC is/was a dark elf with no actual in game profession, only a backstory and a few small interactions here and there, and I'm currently just chilling at spawn until I can figure out how to jump back into the world for rp. I've revisited the tutorial island a couple of times and I'm reading up on the cultures/nations that are active now so I can integrate myself back into rp as naturally as possible, but I thought I'd ask these questions in case anyone has insight.

1. The character I started with has no connections to any others who are still active/alive, as far as I know, and I didn't have any kind of explanation for her disappearance prepared since I hadn't planned to take such a long break-- life just got busier than anticipated, so I'm not sure where I even left off with her or how I can contextualize her in Aevos. Even when I was active, she was a quieter character who didn't do very much, so she didn't have much impact. Would it be ok to just have her die or wander off "off screen"? I was only really rping her for a few months and very sporadically, so I remember next to nothing about her personality in practice, only that she was a boring character. Lol.

2. Technically speaking, is there a way to wipe my current persona in-game? (Without creating more work for any of the staff, hopefully!) If not, how do people typically handle recycling a character that's died to make room for a new one?

2a. Silly question-- how do you swap between existing personas these days?

3. Is there an Aevos equivalent to Sutica? I have a second persona (human) I'd hoped to start rping with back when Sutica was a thing (as a sailor/merchant/something along those lines), but I never actually developed their backstory or placed them into the world. I'd still be interested in playing this kind of character if there's a place or need for it.

4. Along similar lines, are there any merchant or maritime organizations with this kind of roleplay happening already? 

5. Is there anything else I'm missing or forgetting to ask after a long break? Is there anything else I should read up on that'll point me in the direction toward answers for these other questions?

6. The temptation to make a halfling is so strong. I am so tempted it's not even funny. I'm in the discord and I have a potential skin. Are there any halfling storylines running right now that need an extra player because I would be SO down o.o

Thank you so much for reading this far! If anyone's come back after a long break and has tips for how to return to rp in general, I would be so grateful. Hope everyone's doing well :)

Edited by planttyy

1. yes absolutely, you can just off-screen kill her or have her disappear, its totally up to you in that regard

2/2a: /menu is how you view your persona overview. this is where you can switch and PK personas. to switch personas, just click on whichever player-head, and to PK, you want to shift + right click on the player-head of the persona

3. lurin is the closest descendant of sutica on aevos currently. the path there is a bit unclear so you may need to either ask staff or another player for help getting there

4. can't say I know of many merchant groups at the moment :(

5. if you need in-game help, you can make tickets for either of the following staff teams: /sreq (story team, for lore or world questions), /creq (community team, usually for navigating places, knowing which places have players, or help with commands), /modreq (mods, also for commands or general server questions)

6. N/A I dont play a halfling

hope this helped

SAVE YOURSELF :(

1 hour ago, planttyy said:

I'm in the discord and I have a potential skin. Are there any halfling storylines running right now that need an extra player

I should start one up again now that I’m back somewhere with wifi

Welcome back! For many of these questions, the Ashen State of Nor'asath is a good starting point if you want to play another Dark Elf. Aside from that, I would say there is currently at least one group for every type of (descendant) character or RP style at the moment! Really depends what you wish to look into. Halflings are doing great right now in... Dunfarthing!

2 hours ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

I should start one up again now that I’m back somewhere with wifi

Heyo, fello storyline enjoyer here happy to help create RP if Dunfarthing is interested.