[~] Luxury Mountain Escapes -- The Honing Doe Hunting Lodge

Shorsand

1UZThq9.png

Crest of the Honing Doe Lodge and Retreat
[====]

Fair Nobles and Those of Renown,

I greet thee with enthusiasm.

I am the owner and proprietor of some small property in the far North. In this space I have made my home -- a stately cabin wherein I have lived and enjoyed solace far from the business off the City and its noise.

Here, I hunt, I fish, and chase game without worry. This is open country, where man may find himself oncemore where he belongs. I came here shortly after we arrived at this continent, growing all too tired of my service to a City and Kingdom that lay in ruin half a world away.

The life of the city is much too stuffy for lords and ladies to partake in ever-constant. We, as a sophisticated sort, require a recurring reconnexion with what runs in our blood, what separates us from barbarism and unrefined tastes.

Thus, I bring thee the Honing Doe Lodge -- a retreat and resort for lords, ladies, and their retinue to engage in hunting, fishing, and living in the wild outdoors as our forefathres moste delightedly put us on this earth for.

---

God has lain a great bounty in the land for us, and it is a shame how little we partake in it. Great specie of deer, stag, bear, wildhog, moose, and wolf lay in these lands. Deep, pink-flesh fish swim in the iced lake. At night, the stars shine so brightly overhead your mind dizzies over with an overwhelming sense of Godliness in the twilight.  You will not go a single day without some splendor of the land, I assure you.

---

For those not so inclined, I will teach you. I will teach you, your children, your aprty how to hunt, to fish, to skin, and to live off the land for your duration here. We will become immersed in nature, and when the day is done, we shall retreat to the sizable lodge to share drink and story, roasting our catch over a great hearth that our forefathres spake of in ancient tales.

---------------------

I invite you all to this for a modest price. You may bring yourself and a party of nine. You may bring your retinue, guards, or whomever else you wish to on this trip. The price is flat and fair (though I humbly request you leave your metal armors at home -- they will serve you ill purpose in the frigid cold). For two-hundred minas I will host you and your party for the span of a week.

For booking, please respond to this at the address I have in the nearest Hamlet. Stamp it with wax and a note of promisory credit to your treasury, which I will withdraw only after your stay.

The only things I ask are for you to leave your material possessions behind large-in-part. Swords, bows, weaponry may be brought for sake of personal security. All else, including steeds, mounts, carts, blankets, etc ought be left at home or transported away with a detachment upon arrival.

Note!: Bookings will be assigned at my discretion, though likely in chronological order of submission.

Signed,

Holden deLain of Honing Doe

==================

((OOC))

Spoiler

Username:
Character Name:
Number in Party:
Discord:

I will be hosting this at a date that we'll determine over disc. Probably on a weekend evening EST. Event will engage in what was discussed above and involve some in-depth hunting/fishing and nature activities. Hard-ish limit on 10 people (within reason).

ELO70Nt.png

Oh now you believe in capitalism!

Username: GundamEngineer
Character Name: Shugo Kato Oijin
Number in Party: 6
Discord: Gundamengineer

Username: TheAmazingSewer 

Character Name: Madoc'Lur

Number in Party: 6 (+/- 2 people) 

Discord: sewer_rat

Username: FadedQuartz
Character Name: Rhae’lin
Number in Party: TBD /// Aiming to collaborate on player events in the North.
Discord: _luxury

A smile grew as his ears flicked against the breeze.  A warmth patterning him as he sat as his desk, missive in hand as the towering man wrote.  Singular 'Tigrasi paw moving his quill, stamping his note down with wax, directing those who read it to his stores he'd save since joining the Silan'siol.

He chuckled, then.  Kharajyr standing before his own note as he packed it onto his bird, tail wafting behind him and his lone paw sending the messenger off.

"To the one this gets to.  For fair warning, we are an unusual folk you'll be hosting, but know no danger comes with us or anything needing of change either. . . [!] Then a drawing of a cat and mouse next to each other. [!]"  A goofy smile across his own face as he remembered the scribbling he'd left on the back of that same note.

. . . 

"Let's hope they're fine with us."  The hunter gave a hearty chuckle, going around the home of his Pride, gathering the Kharajyr and Musin who'd wish to join him on this venture.  "Maybe the cubs will pick up a thing or two!"  He roared, excited for the venture to come!

Spoiler

Username: Kudos_Metro

Character Name: Ja'Verachone Khyal

Number in Party: 6 (-/+2)

Discord: kudos_metro

Username: Taby3738

Character Name: Durin Hammerforge

Number in Party: 5 (subject to change?)
discord: Tabby64

============

All booking notices thus far have been received and replies should be sent out over the next few days to schedule.

Username: Dixie_Serenade
Character Name: Pandora
Number in Party: 2-4
Discord: AndrewTech101

== == == == ==

[!] A short letter was attached to the booking paperwork, which read as follows: @Shorsand

Spoiler

"Dear Mister deLain,

I bid you salutations and good tidings. My name is Pandora Dellastrada. I recently saw your pamphlet advertising the Honing Doe Hunting Lodge and wished to inquire as to reserving a booking for either next year or the year after.

You see, within that time I expect to be reunited with my estranged daughter. I fear that I have not seen her since she was very, very young over a century ago. Depending upon how our reunion goes, I would like to treat her to a luxurious retreat out in the wilds where we can get to know one another free of distractions from the outside world.

As we are both ethnic wood elves, sea elves in particular, a basic understanding of nature is part and parcel to who we are. I do not yet know how much my long lost daughter knows about the natural world, but either way this will be a growing experience for the both of us. I am very humanized and suspect that my daughter might be as well. I believe that only through doing something like this can we truly get to know one another, and we might as well do so in luxury! She might think better of me for it.

Additionally, we may each potentially choose to bring a plus one. I am not, at present, planning on the attendance of others though. I would ideally like this to be a memorable mother and daughter retreat first and foremost and would prefer it if we were to just be the two of us. However, I am prepared to invite others if such is necessary to ensure her attendance or if the bureaucracy of your lodge's booking practices requires more occupants for the lease.

With Regards,

P. Dellastrada"