Official Challenge to Ser Istvan, Duke of Stran

Nowak

๐’ฏ๐‘œ ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‡ ๐’ข๐“‡๐’ถ๐’ธ๐‘’, ๐’ฎ๐‘’๐“‡ ๐ผ๐“ˆ๐“‰๐“‹๐’ถ๐“ƒ ๐ผ๐“‹๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐’ธ๐’ฝ, ๐’Ÿ๐“Š๐“€๐‘’ ๐‘œ๐’ป ๐’ฎ๐“‰๐“‡๐’ถ๐“ƒ

ย 

I pen this message with the deepest respect for the bonds of family and the honor of our respective houses. It is with great gravity and an unwavering commitment to the well-being and happiness of Lady Viktoria that I extend to you a formal challenge.

ย 

ย 

As you are undoubtedly aware, Lady Viktoria and I share a profound connection, one that transcends the boundaries of station and bloodline. My intentions toward your sister are guided by love, respect, and a sincere desire to provide her with a life filled with love, protection, and unwavering devotion.

ย 

ย 

In the spirit of chivalry and respect for the traditions of our noble houses, I propose a match of brawn, a test of physical prowess and valor, to determine my worthiness to court Lady Viktoria and seek her hand in marriage. This challenge is offered as a demonstration of my commitment to her and as a means to ensure her happiness and security.

ย 

ย 

๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐‘’๐“‡๐“‚๐“ˆ ๐‘œ๐’ป ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“๐“๐‘’๐“ƒ๐‘”๐‘’ ๐’ถ๐“‡๐‘’ ๐’ถ๐“ˆ ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“๐“๐‘œ๐“Œ๐“ˆ:

ย 

Date and Location:

I propose that this match take place on the 15th of Sunโ€™s Smile, 1942 at a location and time of your choosing, one that you deem fair and suitable for the contest.

[September 17th, 1942][Time TBD]

ย 

The Challenge:

The match shall consist of a test of brawn. A battle of fist or sword, to prove oneโ€™s skill in combat. These trials shall be conducted under the watchful eyes of impartial witnesses and judges, ensuring fairness and integrity.

ย 

The Outcome:

If George is the victor, he will move forward in his goal of courting Lady Viktoria, with the intention of seeking her hand in marriage. If George is to lose, he is at the will of Ser Istvanโ€™s judgement, be it banishment or another challenge.

ย 

I wish to emphasize, dear Ser, that my intentions are rooted in love and respect for Lady Viktoria, and I hold the utmost regard for the traditions and values of our houses. I trust that you will consider this challenge with the seriousness it deserves and that you shall approach it with the same sense of duty and honor that guides us as nobles.

ย 

I eagerly await your response and look forward to a match that shall serve as a testament to our commitment and respect for Lady Viktoria's wishes.

ย 

ย 

With the deepest respect and anticipation,

The Honourable, George Marc Halcourt af Brasca, Baron af Brasca

akaKrBq0upxFoWXvlzCsUTvUR5KPML6g7e2bBQoCrTvyMoVcyPwvjdaqlh8S94RHwHgI2F8tDEr1wLRvnOL3kme5mPUDv22W9ZlNGt0V61ZeJf8JIzVLFmOoJoBOBjv92bJ0N3LW0yAkBHRmHY6YX0w

ย 

Theย Lady Viktoria Ivanovichย read over the public missive, the paper crumpling in part within hand as she read it over twice and then once more. She donned her black, a dress of mourning - and yet she found her heart beating rapidly against her chest, and her pulse fluttering against her throat. Will theย Baron George af Brascaย win or would her brother? And should her brother win, whatever will he demand of the man?

The Duke of Stran, upon reading the missive, smirked in amusement. "Dobry, dobry. W final test. He kept true to his word." He then penned a response that stated:ย 

Keeping to the traditions of Chivalry and to House Ivanovich,ย I accept. May we meet in the fields of Stran. @Pork
ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ย  -Istvanย 

Philip Laurent fetches some towelsย and a flagon of water so that he could properly be his cousin's cornerman.