10 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion

• It's good
    • It needs work
    • Could be better
    • I don't like it

Origin/Background/Culture

After the birth of the 4 races…

Finally, as the land and the terrain began to subside and slowly blended into natural composition, and all was good and done, the Creator let out a sigh. Within almost an instant, the winds gushed through the crooks and cracks, the trees and the shrubs, and swifty blew across the seas, creating waves that swivelled the still and quiet life beneath them. It splashed along the shores and dampened the sand. As it nurtured the world, the soil shook, and a storm began to brew.

The clouds were shaped like the hands of the Creator, they were charged with electricity ready to destroy anything in its proximity. The storm shrouded the entire world; the Creator’s embodied defiance to the endless void left him, and rushed beyond it all - beyond the seas horizon - it continued to pick up wind and started to centre within a conjunction of islands called The Meranesian Islands. It accelerated, and shortly reached its climax - DOOM! Thunder roared along the ravines and jagged mountains, the lightning seemed to be at a still; then the gloom of darkness cleared. Flora began to bloom around afterwards, and so, this strike of lightning would eventually be called Keraunós Kháos”.

And then a mould began to form, which slowly separated from the soil. It soon formed into the shape of men, but then it collapsed; all that remained was human bones, and then, nature started to mend the creature, treating it as if it was a torn root; with little to no structure to join upon, life itself began to mould and fill them. Then it was done. Life awaited for its creation, but nothing happened; until the Creator blew a small breeze in which he was intrigued, and for just that one thought, that maybe one more shall do. The breeze swirled across the plains and flushed in as cold as ice, and suddenly, it took a breath - and jumped up!

And earth elegantly guided it along the fields, for it too will soon learn how to mould. This being will be known as Terrafornia.

To Terrafornia, may you hope for fortune, but it is not given, may your hardship be permanent and handed down to your descendants and more, and may your kind-filled heart be your utter undoing.

Skeleforian or Terraforian

(Collectively known as Terraforians)

Physical Description 

Their height scales roughly the same as humans, about 4' 4 " - 6 '6”, but in some rare cases they tend to scale way higher. They can adapt to most regions, except extremely hot places like the desert. They are herbivores, and unable to consume meat. They’d preferably want to consume water, milk and honey because plants aren’t necessary during later stages of life. Out of the three, milk is required and is the most important because it is the fuel for their bone structure. Without it, their bones will grow weak and will begin to wither out. If their bones are too weak, they will be unable to produce a healthy body for their kin. They vary exponentially, but they still follow the same body structure from the first of their race, Terrafornia.

Curse & Lifespan

“To Terrafornia, may you hope for fortune, but it is not given, may your hardship be permanent and handed down to your descendants and more, and may your kind-filled heart be your utter undoing.”

Their lifespan stretches from 200 - 1000 years and during their early stages, they tend to be very fragile and easily vulnerable to fire, magma, sharp and/or heavy objects, and magic, especially magic from a necromancer. If one is closeby, they will grow severely ill and become weak, their strong will also tends to weaken the longer they are near it. As they grow older, their body structure continues to grow and become super dense, and in turn they become tougher beings, and more bulk in size. 

In death, all organic/living vegetation on their body will die out (it depends on the vegetation). They will lose stability and will be unable to move during death; the most peaceful way to put them to rest is immolation, even if its roots were once dense it still won’t be able to withstand the flames due to age and will quickly be put to rest, whereas leaving them to pass on naturally leads to hours of endless pain and agony.

Weight

Their weight cannot be calculated due to the sheer variety and flexibility of their sizes. It often comes down to where they reside; if born in a snowy region for example, their bone density will increase and they will have even more vegetation growing upon them for warmth. But whereas newborns in regions like the plains, they don’t tend to tap into their adapting mechanism, and so, their body structure will consist mostly of flowers and moss, and more bone. These are the two factors (Bone density/amount & Vegetation variety) that make it difficult to average it, and thus, we are only able to calculate the sizes of newborns due to undevelopment of plant life and more consistency with bone density and amount. 

An average newborn weighs about 12 lbs (5kg), and ranges between 10 - 20 lbs.

Mental Description

Peaceful beings, taught by the forests itself; although most of them today don’t have to reside in them, they’re still wise and kind-hearted with experience that has been handed down since the first trees sprouted. When it comes to meeting other races, they are passive, calm-minded, and prefer to make right and undo wrongs. Their mindset becomes very spiritual overtime, and it also becomes protective of the land on which it was born; nature is like their family. Their very carefree perspective makes them easily susceptible to misdeeds, manipulation, and so on. But most of the time, they are cautious, and quickly learn how to avoid traps or dangerous situations.

Abilities

How they reproduce:

During the middle of their lifespan, they’re able to reproduce. And once decided, they will usually find somewhere safe or somewhere close to the forests in order to start their reproduction. They first find an area where there's sand/dirt/gravel that can be dug, and once that hole is about 1.5-2 metres deep, they then go to the bottom of the hole they excavated and start imprinting the shape of their body into the soil. If it is disfigured or out of shape, they will have to manually fix the imperfections in order for their kin to live a healthier life. When this process is done, the being roots itself to soil and begins to produce a sap known as Biosap. This process takes around 2-5 days depending on their health and size of the imprint. They will then disconnect itself from the ground and make final preparations, making sure that nothing has disturbed the process. It then begins pouring the Biosap from its mouth into the imprinted mould. Once the sap fills it in, they take a part of their body and place it in the imprinted head. And then they cover up the hole, and wait for the newborn to sprout.

These creatures have to go through quite the effort to produce their newborn. But nowadays they do it in groups and under protected land, so it’s easier for this process to go through. When they pass 650 years of age, they will be unable to produce again.

There is also a way to turn deceased human remains into a living Terraforian. The remains must be in fertilised soil and pushed at least half a metre into the ground, then, Biosap will be required to finish the process. Last is to cover the remains in soil and wait for them to transform into their being. The being will not remember its past life.

If attempting to reproduce, it must be on any type of dirt, gravel and sand, anything outside these will not work. The dirt must also come from the natural surface, a newborn can’t be born on a pile of dirt/sand/gravel (something placed by a player), and cannot be underground, unless there’s a proper context to it.

Adapting mechanism:

Terraforians are mostly plant life, so depending on the region they’re at, their vegetation will usually follow the common-life in the area. They will be unable to adapt to hot regions like the desert due to lack of inability to keep proper sustenance, plant development, etc. Or deserts like an ice-filled plains will also be impossible to adapt to for the same reasons.

Volcanic regions or any other regions with extreme weather will not be an exception to this inability to the mechanic.

The Living Scarecrow:

These beings are perfect for harvesting crops and scaring off unwanted pests. They have the ability to grow roots from their legs and feed the soil with healthy nutrition. The crops will be more fresh, and they’ll grow faster as well. This also helps Terraforians develop and grow new vegetation on themselves, for example, flowers, grass etc. Overtime, the individual/s will lose hunger quicker and will require to take breaks.

More than two individuals attempting to use this ability on the same crop field will not increase the speed any further.

When hunger is 3 bars or lower, the ability will be inactive until food is consumed above this limit.

Purpose

Lotc hasn’t had any new races since 2011, I think it’s about time to add a new addition. I hope this race will give a more connective & spiritual nature to the environment, and to those who just love to adventure harmoniously. And how this race may be the back pocket to victory for future battles. 

Biosap, What Is It?

Biosap comes from the individual during reproduction period or during hibernation. Not only is this substance used for the creation of newborns, it is also a medicine to cure diseases/illnesses, and it’s also a fertiliser for life/crops. It works like bone meal, but in larger amounts.

Reference

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/224116-history-races/

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/159728-creation-lore/

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/161535-the-meranesian-islands/

Below are some concepts for the race.

_TTFwDOJIEvOGdd-UT3ZiYvyR_8LDPohfcabN1SHdQYg810uNLGA759rbbFcNYbIK1Cu-CsVf0Ktcbb-m2OfquSY9DN0evPg-9mpGwyB2DeAUqZDceNsHR9anjalbjv7ansogC8XjmP2F73nGQNvGSE

V7RHFBUprJzUVIb-RU9m-kLo9PhZKcpS-kEA6M728I2U2UOmXzW2U-331K_B8AM4ktM7sTZ8LEVKVBFN2FJnRYtuApMPoaEGqYhYnZ1fu8H1UVLWzwbRbScZjuGh4sHrcAnf69RDpf4VRX5GjM6niaQ

C7bi5-7FdmPxfplupTa3suUe2TXvitSBLkp9zcS3-bpQWbGO4lnwzjGRoi7YecES-_WcN-dyIfzqNhODDweE91w5Vg3loZL2Ip-rvBnbYHC0Ua5ujMH_nEh0v9DE1FaQ_4rHv4BYqQx6ObVpB96x3e4

Edited by CrackingGears
grammar

Don't get me wrong, I love skeletons and plants and both, but I worry you're gonna immediately get fucked over because of necromancy lore and their CAs.

1 minute ago, Neviah said:

Don't get me wrong, I love skeletons and plants and both, but I worry you're gonna immediately get fucked over because of necromancy lore and their CAs.

Thanks for letting me know! I'll read through it :)

It's a very neat idea, but unfortunately skele's are already done by necromancy lore via Darkstalkers, Dragur, & Liches -- the planty vibe can be achieved with that, if you're in search of that rp!

3 minutes ago, TreeSmoothie said:

It's a very neat idea, but unfortunately skele's are already done by necromancy lore via Darkstalkers, Dragur, & Liches -- the planty vibe can be achieved with that, if you're in search of that rp!

You reckon if I change the lore a bit, could it possibly be a subcategory for necromancers?

9 minutes ago, TreeSmoothie said:

Also yes, I am in search in that type rp, but the people I've asked say its difficult to do, so I'm kind of stuck and on what to do.

I like the concept but as everyone already said the skeleton thing is usually tied with being necromanic. If you want a kind plant folk race why would someone not go epiphyte and play a kind hearted character? And I don’t say this to be discouraging or insulting but I ask why.

So this is already doable with Necromancy, and the plant stuff is doable with Epiphytes. It's a nice concept, but unfortunately it has already been done. 

You said LOTC hasnt had any races since 2011...
Kha, Dark Dwarves, Musin, Wonks and many 'undead' races that havent had actual lore behind them, including other 'CA's too all came after Aegis.

The idea of them weakening when there is any sort of magic nearby is quite faulty too, for that is easy to metagame. You cannot just ask everyone around you if they are a necromancer. 

I personally find no point to this race, when it can be done using other magics. And the idea of more things beng connected to nature is also a faulty thought. Spiritualism with orcs have many spirits connected to nature. You also have the aspects and their druids. 

I understand where you are coming from. You like skeletons covered in plants, you think this will be a cool 'harmless' creature. But I assure you, if you fill every lore plot and get this accepted, the race will NOT be seen as harmless, and will be genocided by every single spook hating person in existence. 

(edit: I also think restricting roleplay by making every being think the same will not work out)

15 hours ago, Jihnyny said:

You said LOTC hasnt had any races since 2011...
Kha, Dark Dwarves, Musin, Wonks and many 'undead' races that havent had actual lore behind them, including other 'CA's too all came after Aegis.

The idea of them weakening when there is any sort of magic nearby is quite faulty too, for that is easy to metagame. You cannot just ask everyone around you if they are a necromancer. 

I personally find no point to this race, when it can be done using other magics. And the idea of more things beng connected to nature is also a faulty thought. Spiritualism with orcs have many spirits connected to nature. You also have the aspects and their druids. 

I understand where you are coming from. You like skeletons covered in plants, you think this will be a cool 'harmless' creature. But I assure you, if you fill every lore plot and get this accepted, the race will NOT be seen as harmless, and will be genocided by every single spook hating person in existence. 

(edit: I also think restricting roleplay by making every being think the same will not work out)

Thank you for your message, I understand. 

This lore has been denied. 

Hey there!

I see your submission here and I appreciate the improvements over the last. However, outside of remarks that other players have commented (to varying degrees of clarity), you could accomplish this with a certain aesthetic achievable by a few other Creatures on the server, such as Darkstalkers or Draugars. 

However, CAs we generally like to have varying aesthetics with; we enjoy having a broad variety on the server, and don't like overcrowding a niche with too many different types. While I trust your intention was not that, you must consider something like this is something other players will apply for and play, and the write doesn't necessarily come off as too diverse.

While I know this is separate from your first write, we aren't looking for any more "Mainstream" races akin to orcs, elves, etc - nor would we be looking to add subclasses to them. 

In general, there's a lot of improvements to be done, but all in all, I wouldn't reccommend submitting another write for these guys, or others, until you've got a bit more experience under your belt. Both with the server and how the server writes, we have a very detailed Lore Criteria under this subforum which should detail what we expect, and along with that, I really think you should spend more time on the server interacting, roleplaying with, and roleplaying as varying CAs to get an idea of how they feel, play, and live in the world. We always want to have a world filled with different creatures to keep things fresh and fun, and so there is a whole lot of opportunities to expand and enrich your roleplay through these varying CAs.

Give them a shot! And see even if you can accomplish the aesthetic of what youre looking for here with them. They aren't too hard to find, and communities (particularly magic ones) are generally very accepting of newer players eager to learn.

Have fun, and take it easy. Happy roleplaying!