A MOTHER’S AGONY

sanriu

A MOTHER’S AGONY

The Tragic Death of Louis Dresnay

ZaqZOLp8YWn1DeR_18lmbTWsYaKAsWUUDR0HBI-I7tMY7vjIOHY20CV163CmvqFKXaupfaaR7ojuH4s70ydyOwHcuFM8aJV6XOMBP7PkGJIsoK6DyxooNvvOXPgMb-72OyIezIKrHMdET0Ff2j-uyFw

In the depths of my heart, a lament swells, a sorrow too profound for mere words to convey. Once resplendent courtyards, now veiled in the shadow of despair, where laughter once danced, now bear the weight of profound grief. My beloved son, Louis, was torn from this earthly realm by the hands of an unjust monarch. It was a mere jest, a fragile wisp of humor that should have stirred mirth, not the fires of wrath.

This regent, consumed by a monstrous ego and the fragility of his own pride, decreed the unthinkable: the execution of my cherished child. He did not even deign to return the sacred vessel of my son's spirit. What dark fascination drives your heart to withhold his body from its rightful rest? I am left to ponder your macabre intentions. Do you revel in a danse macabre with the departed? You profess to be a Canonist, yet your actions belie your faith, for a true Canonist would never take the life of the innocent over a fleeting jest.

Now, I am clad in mourning's shroud, every moment haunted by the fading echoes of my son's laughter and the whispered remembrances of his words, his endearing smile, and the distinct contours of his face. Within this sea of sorrow, a tempest of rage churns, but it is not despair that fuels this fire; it is a burning, righteous fury. With a heart heavy as lead and a mind ablaze, I have sought solace among those who dare to challenge a usurper's reign, in pursuit of genuine justice where the courts have faltered.

With compassionate allies and hearts that bear the weight of empathy, we shall forge our plans. May divine grace grant me the strength to find forgiveness in my soul before these designs come to fruition. I beseech the heavens that my comrades and I may witness the downfall of your monarch, just as my son met his end, and that your city may stand abandoned, a desolate realm, blanketed only by the icy shroud of eternal winter.

Signed, 

Marie Dresnay, Regent-Matriarch of Maison Dresnay

Bishop Odo is disappointed at several things. The stupidity to insult a man in his own home and expect no consequences, the lack of restraint shown by the host for misguided guests, the calls to answer a tragic and needless loss of life with more death. Bishop Odo has been nothing but disappointed for a while.

Exalted Derfey laments the fall of one of his chosen, "If only the HAENSER devils kept to what they're good at and kept on beating on unarmed women with gentrified can-openers instead of killing my boy! My dear, darling boy. BY GOD! Bring him back to me, o' Lord."