Writ of Challenge: Audo Weiss

Nymstra

One Erik Colborn read the writ and couldn't stop himself from speaking aloud from atop the mountains, just above the Weiss lands - where he herded goats. "WHAT IN THE ACTUAL ****! THE WEISS ARE OUR ALLIES! I SWEAR IF ANY WEISS BLOOD IS SPILT OVER THIS I WILL SACK HIS HOME WITH A THOUSAND GOATS!!! OR ELSE MY NAME IS NOT ERIK COLBORN."

17 minutes ago, Caedis said:

Anatoliy Ilya Godunov saw this reply, and gave a slight frown. Said frown turned to a silent, cold glare.

And so, he, in turn, wrote a reply to this reply. Reply-ception.

"To the Lord Palatine, Viscount Walter Weiss,

I'm afraid you've been misinformed. Raelle's mother never feared she was dead - For Raelle herself had sent numerous letters to her mother, all of which were ignored. Raelle's fall into the vile Druidic paganism is regretable, but it was not Lady Iduna Colborn who denied the Weiss the right to see and speak with her.

It was Raelle herself who wished not to speak with the rest of the Weiss family. Due to my own intervention upon finding her injured, she met with the Lady Veronica Weiss, whom I had personally informed of Raelle's location and state. Raelle herself had also told me that she had sent letters to her mother. She herself told me that every single one had been ignored.

What has happened within your family is Not the fault of Lady Iduna Colborn - For Iduna did not force Raelle to leave your family.

I do wonder though - In your missive disowning your own uncle, you claimed it was for the sake of his children - Yet, immediately after, one of those children ran away from you.

I hope that your family will cease taking out unjust actions, and quite frankly petty insults, against a child. Maybe if the Weiss focused on this eternal winter as much as they did on Iduna, we would be freed from this curse."

Walter paused, and wrote,

"To deny the whereabouts of owns own kin is not the responsibility of a Godunov, or a Colborn. If you so brazenly seem fit to throw your rocks and hide your hand, then by GOD may he damn the House of Godunov. You are but a boy, who thinks they can dictate how a family rules its own. You are no noble. You are scum, lower than even the darkspawn that siege us so. Take up the blade if you will. You will lose."

Signed, Walter Leon Weiss, Viscount of Novkursain.

44 minutes ago, SethWolf said:

"To deny the whereabouts of owns own kin is not the responsibility of a Godunov, or a Colborn. If you so brazenly seem fit to throw your rocks and hide your hand, then by GOD may he damn the House of Godunov. You are but a boy, who thinks they can dictate how a family rules its own. You are no noble. You are scum, lower than even the darkspawn that siege us so. Take up the blade if you will. You will lose."

Raised an eyebrow, and replied,

"Deny the whereabouts of one's own kin? The first moment I found Raelle was when she was injured - Abused with a broken limb and cuts. I provided medical aid, naturally without asking for anything back, and told her that I would be sending a letter to the Lady Veronica Weiss, which I then prompty did.

The reason she recieved medical aid that day - The reason you now know where she is - The reason she is alive - Is because of me.

And call me a child all you like, Lord Palatine. Only one of us is throwing a tantrum here over an honourable declaration of a noble Duel. Only one of us is throwing petty insults. And only one of us is threatening the lives of another, during a time when foreign nations threaten our own.

Ahere to the wishes of the People's Queen, Our Queen, Koenas Amaya - And focus on the enemies outside of the gates.

Krusae Zwy Kongzem."

Signed, Anatoliy Ilya Alyovich Godunov, Heir to Verskaya.

Spoiler

It's giving Your Obedient Servant from Hamilton vibes

2 hours ago, SethWolf said:

Spoiler

dcf5cee48347be82fca299277653cfa1.png?ex=656157a4&is=654ee2a4&hm=855b95a9f05953c8ad7a803d64562274d2e60cc7620a09dc76b673377f149cec&

Nikoletta Colborn, the twin sister of Iduna, read the missive with wide eyes. "Oh mik God, Dunnie, what have eym gotten eymrself into... Why can't mik family just get along? Why do they target mik sestra and yet treat mik like family? Mamej and Papej wouldn't want this." She sighed, wondering if twins got the same godfather and if not, who hers was.

Soon came the sigh of a man, Aaren finishing his read on the public letter. "My God, this is why I've always seen 'Letta as the more mature of the two - her problems aren't splayed across the papers for the whole word to see. Better decisions as well; she wishes to be an honourable knight, not a voidal-weaver." 

"-You get what I'm saying?" Steel-blue eyes glanced to a meek, smile-faced Sorvian - it making sure to quickly nod at his words. 

The Grand Magister would hand the missive to his Vizier of Wind, @Dj_McMuffin"Can you believe this Isabella? The Haensemen still espousing Voidal magic as heretical...while they disown and kill their own kin. "

Isabella flipped the missive straight, peering over the page with tired, disappointed eyes, I can, as a matter of fact. A shame, perhaps there are those still open to reason. I trust our paths will find each other soon enough.

The Master Alchemist of Reinmar, Klaus von Berkhoven, would be standing at the work table in the alchemy lab within the Duchy and read this public missive. His hand would sign the Lorraine as he prayed for the safety of his friend, Demitrey. “Stay strong und let GOTT be dein anchor, Demitrey.” The auburn Reinmaren said as he finished his prayer before getting back to his alchemical research.