ON THE PETRAN DIOCESE

MadOne

gVO6WgNItrB3xwfGpeNCqJr2Yl0Pp2Y83GYDEJ-KD0am9ND6pKTmJ2vhW4Wsgk5mjMkAIqpUzYaeHPEy-wBaj6pqBoYs13i4MlCCr36O_3RVHcVNDVY8AJBjydR-cD5_G6DGynRG

ON THE PETRAN DIOCESE : AN OPEN LETTER TO THE HIGH PONTIFF.

@Sander

Scribed by

Brandt Cardinal Albarosa

In the Year of our Lord, 

Cardinal Pietro Bembo

if-0Mrhml0-lX83C1Wzc6oC5ZYTvzJtNrat-ds5AOYoymPuJL5ppErwl_Y4_F1aH7t-BXEH0kIclZvXWFBnRT5CP6vHUSAjq_TkpbkkFdShAKxIqperuR3YJxZyquo8IjLzK1_hYeesO09OQsNM5KhA

DioceseMap.png?ex=6580a722&is=656e3222&hm=a0e13ebb8599cc67ec06e3e785f04f250d86b8f436c781451e2665cd452573c8&

if-0Mrhml0-lX83C1Wzc6oC5ZYTvzJtNrat-ds5AOYoymPuJL5ppErwl_Y4_F1aH7t-BXEH0kIclZvXWFBnRT5CP6vHUSAjq_TkpbkkFdShAKxIqperuR3YJxZyquo8IjLzK1_hYeesO09OQsNM5KhA

Much health and benediction onto you, Blessed High Pontiff of mine, Sixtus VI.

May the grace of the Lord's Canon be upon you, and may the wisdom of the Divine illuminate your Chair of Saint Daniel. Brandt, this unworthy servant of the Lord and the Arcbishop of Albarosa extends onto you this heartfelt epistle, of which concerns a matter of spiritual urgency upon these lands of which I call my own Archdiocese.

In times of the past, and the establishment of Lemon Hill, the Church has established the Diocese of Citrea, to be shepherded by the righteous Callahan, who now is the custodian of the Canon in all lands west of Saint Daniel's Crossing. The establishment of Citrea within our Archdiocese had served the Mother Church well up until this hour, and I consider that it shall foster a long line of competent and righteous clerics to shepherd it for perpetuity. Yet, while this is the case, Petra, a bastion of devout souls, now finds itself without a shepherd to guide its spiritual journey within the embrace of the Canon. As the Archbishop of Albarosa, with the Petran flock under the purview of my office, I should seek to rectify this issue. for while our Bishop of Citrea is a righteous man, and excels in his duties shepherding over two Kingdoms, divided by culture, values, rites and people has proven to be a tough task to tackle. I say, when in Petra, do as the Petrans do. 

As such, the absence of a Bishop native to Petra has inadvertently created a dissonance between the Petran faithful and the Church. Intercessions and spiritual guidance, such as that of the late Cardinal Westerwald, and the investigation upon the lands of Hokhmat have thus appeared to the Petran as a distant voice, unwittingly painting our familiar and motherly Church as an unfamiliar entity that is unfortunately estranged from the hearts of the devout Petran people. It does not do the Church good to rule from the distance!

In light of my musings that I have given onto you now, Brandt, this servant of God and your profound friend ardently proposes the establishment of a new Diocese within the lands of Petra, specifically tailored to meet the spiritual needs of the native Petran. I have seen the embers of the noble Church that pitiful day, how the ashes have fluttered with the wind. I say onto you, my friend, the Petran spirit is wounded. This gesture, this establishment would not only address the immediate spiritual vacuum caused by the lack of a functioning Church, but also engender a more profound connection between the Petran faithful and the teachings of the Canon. For you know the Petran yourself, by the nature of your birth, that the river characterises all of their lives. The words of a foreign cleric would seem intangible to the rivermen of these noble lands. Verily they need one of their own to preside over themselves.

It is Brandt's humble counsel onto you that the name of this newly envisaged Diocese be chosen in collaboration with the Petran community. I invite His Holiness to duly investigate the matter with these Rivermen, so that they may pick a name that they will embrace for themselves, and their diocese, harmonizing their identity with the eternal truths of the Church!

Furthermore, Brandt, guided by the heavenly whispers, directs your august attention to Mother Rhosyn, a beacon of piety and devotion within Petra. Inspired by Clement and Evaristus, she seemed, as I gazed onto her procession in the name of our Church. Her service and tireless efforts to expand the embrace of Canonism make her a fitting candidate for the sacred role of Bishop. Thus, I implore you to allow her wisdom and grace to guide the Petran flock towards the unending light of the Canon.

In supplication, Brandt places his earnest plea upon the sacred Chair of Saint Daniel, begging you to consider this, to bring into light during the next session of the Curia. 

Queen Catherine I, having just finished her coronation before GOD in the burnt Church of Vallagne, would read the letter with a soft grin. "Aye, I think it would do us well to have guidance from within. I fear for too long we've gone unnoticed or left behind, abandoned and forgotten by many clergy or simply dismissed as a dysfunctional state." She would set the letter down with a bit more warmth in her heart, "Thank you, Your Grace, for speaking up for our Petran flock."

Prince Paul Alexander of the Petra smiled as he received the missive - the thought of further representation for he and his folks allowed his countenance to brighten.

Gob Ztabba-Zniffa nods and rubs his long nose as if he understands what's written."Yub mi agree - magh important paper. Da drawingz bub'hozh!"

"That's some good stuff," Renilde nodded, wondering why it'd taken so long to begin with for this conversation to be started.