To Challenge a Prince

Gavin_

[The following missive is pinned to the notice board of Portoregne]

To Challenge a PrincedCtJ5Ezj4YtuiJndk1O_EmSSEmQYiXwOCGtilVkO8Eu6fVMp-lbc6EjS6_ZW8sGj9T8M9-jcRYGhlQgk6hXEDR7cNxJKtQTaf-WSw71NWVD0dNVcYgUsFYWb9zzrMLSHTwIYLETPigM20CR-Kuseqxg

Issued 13th of The Grand Harvest Year 91, from the Estate d’Viuva.

Your Highness,

I hope this letter finds you in good health, Ezren of Tuvia. It is with great reluctance that I find myself compelled by honour to address you in this matter, but your recent actions have left me with no alternative.

Your repeated displays of rudeness, condescension, and pomposity have not gone unnoticed. It is a matter of principle and honour that I can no longer tolerate such behavior without responding in a manner befitting a person of high standing.

Therefore, I extend to you, a challenge to duel. 

As a token of courtesy, I extend to you the ability to choose the time and place of this duel. It shall be fought in a traditional manner, with the sword. Should you see fit to decline this invitation, it would only further cement the opinions of many regarding your character.

May this duel serve as a means to restore civility and honor to our interactions, and may the outcome guide you towards a more respectful demeanor in the future.

I await your response.

Signed,

The Royal Procurator of the Kingdom of Balian, Lucian Alexander d’Viuva

The Constable of Balian peered upon the missive with quite the amount of confusion, whether it be in Lucian's challenge against a templar, or what Ezren could have possibly done only a saints week into his reign as Prince-Consort. Demetrius simply dismissed the letter with no care for it, though he still wished to watch the spectacle unfold in due time.

An aging Royal Legate sat atop a pile of bricks and stone, sipping on a beer in the midst of constructing Cascanova. When a messenger arrived to deliver the letter, he nearly dropped the glass, mouth twisted into a horrified frown. " ... Oh! That's -- . . ." John grimaced. "Ezren does have a stick up his arse, he does. But this's a surefire way to get teur head lobbed off, did Lucian forget we're a Monarchy?"

He groaned, ruefully shaking his head as he made his way back to Portoregne. "This'll be so much damned paperwork. But I'm ... almost rooting for the man."

A reply was swiftly penned thereafter 
"Segnor d'Viuva, it speaks loudly towards your character that you would choose to issue a duel over the act of calling you Lucian, instead of your excellency whilst awaiting the fate of my wife as she underwent a procedure. Perhaps it was when I asked you leave me be after you started to chastise over this slip up. I also must wonder what else you see as a slight towards yourself? The only previous incident I can recall is that of when you first came to balian and enlisted, where you refused to heed my command of silence when you spouted off against the nation of balian for, quote "Hiding behind walls" whilst our enemy was at our gate. Apart from that, I have scarcely interacted with you. If these two incidents are all it takes to have such disdain brought on a person, I simply pray for your furious soul. Seeing as the challenge has been issues, I must ask the terms. I cannot fathom it would be to the death. 
This is neither an acceptance nor denial. My thoughts are but with my family and nation, and not a perturbed man who cannot take any form of criticism without calling foul play. You shall have an answer soon."

[!] As with the challenge, this reply was posted next to the original letter on the notice board.

Sydney snickers, reading this. Oh Lucian... you hardly surprise him at all! Syd has never been fond of Lucian, from the day the prince nearly a horse to trample him due to his (Lucian's) lack of foresight. 

He needed a good snicker, after everything.

Pompous royals, stupid tax collectors. He hopes one of the princes get knocked flat on their back, that'll be a good show. It doesn't matter which one. 

As Sir Ephrem enters the city of Portoregne sees the missive pinned on the noticeboard. The Templar approaches and with care he takes it from the board, reading it slowly "So that is what they meant by someone with more ambition, someone who tried to duel their own monarchs... Surely the perfect fit for a negated Admiratus and their troop of faithful dogs" A chuckle escapes the Templar as he leaves the city, which was as empty as it was when he entered.

OOC:

Spoiler

The city was empty i don't expect anyone to hear it or give a response to it

Enrico gasped! He was kind of worried that for someone reason he was the Prince being challenged (then he remembered he had never ever done a bad thing in his life)! He breathes a sigh of relief, it was only his brother-in-law, he would be sure to watch with great curiosuity.

25 minutes ago, garentoft said:

Enrico gasped!

"Are we placing bets?" Poppy asked to her friend, "- on the tax-man or the prince consort. Who do you pick?"

8 hours ago, Lirinya said:

"Are we placing bets?" Poppy asked to her friend, "- on the tax-man or the prince consort. Who do you pick?"

"I'm betting on the one with hands," Enrico mused.