The Quiet Farewell of Princess Augustina

c1-g0-9X7rRrYj4qcz6Oi6GwrxhOUGCCk2ADfWQWohAX7ZQ9o3ibt0tWf7iOaXcNgPABpbZ8m8PNgIngIuKb4MAOUtRWsU6IU7LUy60hi2JdyfPa72iehROjmolX5gbJh2VCLWZyWEgxJ28V5c0JnoA

ThBTwRicL9FHiiVcEhvRfVEhHTXkCiqEQUmvnuAtihyglt1Heo1n3mVEWYcHGZuVyATJTbCxG0BQplY3QQwSETOCTuUXhLjMj8nKtoQiR_N11CvymnEr72osayZpx7bDu2flmfZYveaS2awQIiz56GE

1863-1959

Her Highness, Princess Augustina Therosia, The “Snapdragon Princess” of Balian, Dowager-Princess of Sedan, Dowager-Countess of Salia

"Papa," the young Princess exclaimed, her voice carrying a mixture of curiosity and concern as she searched for her father amidst the bustling streets of Reutov.

"Augustina!" John's strong call rang out, and with a swift movement, he scooped up his little daughter. Knocking on the door where his wife and eldest son were, he urgently instructed, "Pack your belongings; we must leave now." John's voice resonated with a sense of urgency, leaving the three-year-old Princess bewildered and frightened.

The family swiftly boarded a ship and set sail to the south. John, determined to find a place to call home, kept his gaze fixed on a particular star, the Star of St. Lothar. Its brilliance seemed to intensify, taking on the form of a cross, guiding them to their destined home.

___

As years passed, John and his wife ascended to the thrones as King John I and Queen Gwyneth of Balian. Augustina, now content with a place she could truly call home, frolicked through the Montersoa's expansive grounds with her sisters, while her parents observed from the balcony.

Throughout her early years, Augustina frequently felt that her older brother and sister stole the show from her. Still, she was schooled thoroughly and elegantly, and she did well enough to be a queen. Even though some of her servants described her as attractive but a little materialistic, she became fond of pretty things and before she turned ten, she had eight tiaras in her collection.

Augustina made a small but meaningful contribution to the founding of the Courts of Monterosa. She also went to political gatherings with her father in an effort to teach her the value of coalitions. 

___

Augustina was presented by her father with a momentous proposal: to become engaged to Joseph de Joannes, the Crown Prince of Sedan. Many were surprised when Augustina voluntarily agreed to this arrangement, which meant saying a heartfelt goodbye to her younger sister Persephone.

Not long after, Augustina was navigating the lavish courts of Sedan when she became the target of an attempted murder. She was inches from death when an arrow pierced her chest. She confided in her sisters, seeing this experience as a foreboding precursor to her upcoming marriage and seeing it as a curse hanging over her.

Glistening in the same dress her mother had worn to her father's wedding, Princess Augustina accompanied her father down the aisle. As they departed from the newly erected city of Joannesport. Their firstborns, two remarkably healthy twin girls who the people of the principality dubbed the "Goat" twins, arrived within a year. Two boys and two girls made up the four additional children that Augustina and Joseph welcomed into their family over the ensuing years.

When her husband became Joseph I, Prince of Sedan, Augustina assumed the role of Princess Consort. However, their reign was short, lasting less than four years, and there was never a formal coronation.

In the four years that followed, Augustina planned a number of sophisticated occasions. She was called "The Snapdragon Princess" for her brash and demanding manner, and she vehemently defended her entitlement to such luxuries in the face of criticism about her extravagant spending.

Joseph I abdicated the throne in favor of his sons in the crucial year of 1894, which required the appointment of regents. Regretfully, Augustina was passed over for this position and was forced to leave the palace when her husband vanished without explanation. She then went through a divorce in 1895, which signaled her exit from the turbulent royal scene and her return to her family's home.

___

In less than four years, the landscape had changed significantly when Augustina arrived. One well-known face stuck out among the unfamiliar ones: Viscount Peter d'Arkent. They reestablished their bond, and love blossomed between them amid the unsaid stories of the past.

Less than a year following her divorce, Augustina and Peter d'Arkent made their marriage official, igniting scandal rumors that spread to the upper classes of society. Augustina's marriage to Peter d'Arkent was not only a momentous personal rebirth, but also an engrossing chapter in the kingdom's developing history.

A year after their joyous union, Augustina and Viscount Peter d'Arkent welcomed the first of their offspring, an heir to the realm of Salia. The subsequent years saw the arrival of four more children, solidifying their familial bond.

Augustina immersed herself in Monterosa's affairs between pregnancies once more. But when tragedy struck in the form of her father's death in 1900, the peace of her household was upended. 

A system of working etiquette and manners that brought Balian to the highest level of regality among the human kingdoms was established by Augustina, who was driven by a deep sense of duty to bring about significant reforms within the courts. 

___

Following the passing of her brother, King Alexander, Augustina gracefully stepped away from the spotlight, allowing her daughter Serena to assume the role of governess for the Montersoa. As years unfolded, Augustina became a rare sight on the streets of Balian, growing old and harboring a quiet fear of societal judgment. Retreating to her residence in Portoregne, she found solace in seclusion.

The disappearance of her son John plunged Augustina into a profound emotional turmoil. The elder Princess, once a prominent figure, now wandered the beach each morning, driven by a relentless determination to find her lost child. Tragically, her husband would soon follow in the footsteps of their eldest son.

Surrounded by her children and grandchildren in the County of Salia, Augustina, in a reflective moment, contemplated the losses life had dealt her. Sitting in her bed, she mused, "I have lost much in this life... How much can I lose?" Despite the pain, she confronted the inevitable, ready to embrace the approaching end.

In the days leading up to her demise, Augustina experienced a cascade of memories, witnessing unspeakable things from her past. Amidst this surreal journey through time, she spoke softly, addressing familiar names from her history. "Papa... mama! Alexander, you are here too," she chuckled, her mind immersed in the comforting embrace of cherished memories.

"Joseph... The goat of Sedan, you are here too," she whispered, opening her eyes to be met not only by the ethereal figures from her past but also by the loving presence of her current family in the room. As she closed her eyes once more, Augustina transitioned into the final moments of her rich and storied life, surrounded by the echoes of the past and the warmth of her present.

In her final moments, Augustina mustered the strength to sit up in her bed, her voice strained. "Gabriel, bring me some wine. I need to clear my throat." Her beloved orange cat, Mr. Sprinkles, joined her on the bed, providing a comforting presence in her last moments.

Expressing her final wishes, she murmured, "I want to go home to Atrus... to my estate, to our home." With those words, Augustina closed her eyes, and the vibrant life of the Princess came to a peaceful end.

As the room settled into a poignant silence, her son entered, witnessing the quiet departure of a remarkable woman.

Spoiler

Greetings everyone! As my adventures with Augustina have become less frequent, I felt it was high time to pen down her PK post. A heartfelt thank you goes out to Ave for entrusting me with this character. Augustina has truly been the most enjoyable persona I've played thus. 

Most of her post is from her Wiki page that Zuzzie wrote so credit for her. I just changed up some words and wrote some more stuff. 

Enjoy some random screenshots i found of her!

2022-09-07_00.44.44.png

2022-09-14_22.14.56.pngunknown.pngIMG_1021.jpgIMG_0984.pngannanicole3.pngannanicole_commission.pngIMG_4757.pngimage.png\2022-08-12_19.12.30.png29AFDC1A-647F-444F-92BC-E675AAF704F3.jpgunknown.pngimage.pngimage_2022-12-26_013652680.pngannanicole_commission3.png

[!] The waves of Balian ebbed-and-flowed as Augustina passed, no sign of John Lothar nor his foolish crew who had sailed with him had appeared on the beaches. But, while she had lost so much in life, soon enough still she be reunited with her son in death soon, as a burgundy-haired man stood, waiting in the Seven Skies for his Matera.

Marlena frowned at the news of her mother-in-law's passing. Marlena had always had a soft spot for the Princess of Monterosa since they'd met and Augustina immediately warmed to her son's future wife. Perhaps Marlena cared more than she thought she did, for a single tear fell down her cheek knowing that the last of Gabriel's parents had gone. 

Marcella, the eldest of many children, heard news of her late mother’s passing through word of mouth. It had been many years since they had last spoken and it dawned on her that she would never have the chance to rekindle their friendship. Left weak in her knees she collapsing into a tavern chair. “Bartender I need your strongest ale tonight.”  She paid what was owed and spent the night drowning her sorrows and regrets away. 

Spoiler

Half of your text is just re-written AI parts from the wiki page I WROTE for augustina. Maybe credit me. 

what is written:
"In her childhood, Augustina often felt overshadowed by her older brother and sister, who hogged the limelight. Nevertheless, she received a comprehensive and refined education, excelling in the manners befitting royalty. Though some servants labeled her as lovely yet somewhat materialistic, she developed a penchant for beautiful items, amassing a collection of eight tiaras before turning ten."

what I wrote:
"She was largely ignored due to her older brother and sister hogging the spotlight in her childhood. However, she would be fairly educated and properly educated in all the right manners. Many servants recalled her as a lovely, yet greedy girl. She had an affinity for pretty items, retaining almost eight tiaras before she was 10."

what is written:
"Contributing in a modest capacity to the establishment of the Courts of Monterosa, Augustina also accompanied her father to political meetings, aiming to instill in her the significance of alliances. Her presence graced minor events like dances, weddings, and battles. Despite her elder sister's scholarly pursuits, Augustina's more public childhood led many to perceive her as the favored and, at times, the elder sibling."

what I wrote:
"She would aid in the creation of the Courts of Monterosa, albite it was in a small manner. Furthermore, she would attend most of her father's political meetings as he hoped she would understand the importance of alliances along with her attendance at minor dances, weddings, and battles. Due to how public her childhood became compared to her elder sister who sat most days studying, she would become favored of the pair with many thinking of her as the eldest sibling."

in fact, if you want to read this whole post you can just read the wiki page!
https://wiki.lordofthecraft.net/index.php?title=Augustina,_The_Snapdragon_Princess

Edit:
Annie "edited" it. LOL.

Gabriel d'Arkent left the room within the halls of Salia. His face shadowed by the dimmed lights. A reflection of the mood that was felt by the Count. His armor still wrapped around him, and reflected the light from the meager candles that were strewn across the hall. His face would briefly be stained with tears before he'd wipe them away. Looking to his hands then, still lightly stained with blood from the events that had occured earlier in the day. At last, a sigh would escape the man as he lowered his hands back down. "I've done all I can to ensure your legacy mother. I tried to pick up what you and father left me behind. I can only hope you'll smile upon my continued efforts from the seven skies above." His words would echo briefly through the hall, before alas he stopped in his office, and tucked his head into his hands. Seemingly set on remaining in the spot for a while, mourning.

It took months for Robert, the prince-turned-pirate, to hear of his mother's demise. From the free port of Hangzou, teeming with activity of merchants, mercenaries, and vagabonds, he resided in his lofty manor, surrounded by his fellow cutthroats and thieves as they discussed news of recent shipments to plunder. One of his faithful retainers, a black-skinned Mellean from the far-off lands of Shona, came to him with a letter, stained of salt and water from a long voyage.

"Lord, looks be for you."

Even after all these years, Robert recognized the seal which bound the dispatch: his mother's personal coat of arms. He ordered the men to leave his presence, taking his lonesome to the grand patio which overlooked the Eastern port. Carefully opening the envelope with his silken-gloved hands, he pulled free the letter and read the message therein.

Robert did not spend long in thought from the news. In truth, he never held deep affections for the bosom from which he sprang, nor did he hold particular animosity against the woman. What bothered him most was his seemingly callousness of the affair: he recalled weeping when his father passed, but that was years ago, when he was a younger, green man. Perhaps the constant banditry and illicit activities he has taken to, foregoing responsibilities expected of him by his elders, has hardened his heart. His thin mouth turned to a frown. Or, mayhaps, he was melancholic after all. Robert had never been good with his emotions.

A woman stood in the doorway, and Robert immediately sensed her presence. He did not gaze back, but for the years they had been together, he suspected that she knew something troubled him. Taking one long look at the bustling city below, he spoke hoarsely under the grey-gold beard which clad his chin,

"Tell the children their grandmother has died."