The Abundance of FailCRP....

bravery

My recent experience in the past  2 months with CRP has been either:

1. I log on real quick to do something and "somehow" end up in a raid/bandit situation where I have to let myself get bonked and /d20 because I don't have 2h-3h to fight

2. I get jumped out of nowhere with "Halt!" *screams Goon 1 and blocks your escape.*

*Goon 2 pushes you on the ground and ties you up.*

3. I win a CRP and then get told I was unfair like 8 emotes back, try to force me to PVP on the spot. Even if I say "OK you can just SS out." after a long OOC discussion, they put on the gear and start the PVP timer. 

My characters don't usually win CRPs, at first it was because they were shitters but now it low-key feels like it's because I allow hits get through to land or graze my character, while the opponent "Is stronger/faster than they looked!"(legit reason I got for having my 30+ military experience guy get folded by a 19 yrs old girl.)

13 minutes ago, MeteorDragon said:

If making someone d20 was removed, lotc would have more positive CRP experiences

HARD AGREE. If someone offers to just give you their shit so they can ss away or walk away just… take it dude, leave them alone, don’t force them to d20. It’s ass that it’s completely allowed to push people to d20 just because you want to ruin their day.

2 hours ago, bravery said:

HARD AGREE. If someone offers to just give you their shit so they can ss away or walk away just… take it dude, leave them alone, don’t force them to d20. It’s ass that it’s completely allowed to push people to d20 just because you want to ruin their day.

I second this. If someone has already given you their stuff AND has agreed to SS away, DON’T FORCE THEM TO D20.

Just take the win and loot with grace, don’t be a jerk. It’ll make the CRP environment so much healthier instead of stress-inducing for all parties involved.

If two people are constantly arguing about the same point of contention in a CRP for more than five or ten minutes, it does seem like a very reasonable solution to agree to simply rolling and going from there for the overall sake of creating a narrative. 

This is a game, it is not life or death. Just have fun with it and roll with what happens rather than just trying to min-max another CRP encounter the next time you have one :)

I've had a few encounters like this, moreso in Aevos than in Almaris. I'd love love love if /d20 was entirely removed from the rules. It'd be nicer if one, once killed, would instead be told to just give up their amount of items that aren't soul bound. Just make that the rule instead. If someone does leave with the items not given, call a mod. D20 really just heightens stress, especially when a fight is centered around the bandits getting the victim to that point by whatever means necessary. 

5 hours ago, MeteorDragon said:

If making someone d20 was removed, lotc would have more positive CRP experiences

The only times I've asked someone to d20 was if they were being a pain in the ass during crp (stalling, powergaming to shit, having to have mod intervention due to not emoting). Though when people simply CRP and do that type of stuff, I try to be in good faith and let them go.

I've had people /insearch me - found out that besides a soulbound warhammer i have a rp hook-hand, handcrafter flute, half-finished love letter and some food + random building stuff and forced me to /d20. The **** is an Orc gonna do with a love letter and wooden stairs?? Build a staircase and send the letter to the Rex?

On 1/18/2024 at 9:07 AM, MeteorDragon said:

Relatable Relatable.

18 hours ago, Pancho said:

The only times I've asked someone to d20 was if they were being a pain in the ass during crp (stalling, powergaming to shit, having to have mod intervention due to not emoting). Though when people simply CRP and do that type of stuff, I try to be in good faith and let them go.

Honestly, Yeah. If they are being a prick. Yeah D20 would be prefered. I met people that threw a hissy fit over not giving up food. LIke Mechanical food. You know. The easiest thing to get on this server.