Tales of a Vampire

[!] This missive would be found out and about, often concealed in harder to find places. [!]

Hey,

Quite a bizzare writing, I know. Some of you may recognize my books, or maybe a few Lector's still live to remember the name. But, if you must know, I was born over a decade and a half ago and I, my wonderful people of Aevos am categorized as a darkspawn. I've lived a lot of tales, and I find it funny watching the world repremand the Paladin's for their actions - of course, an antagonist in my own regard yet still I do find the concept playful at best when you start comparing your heroes to their actions. We can start with Paladins, for one:

When I was in my early twenties, a somewhat newly turned vampires. I was friends with the Paladins, and they weren't too sure what I was. I was different, for one, just not a threat yet I helped. Well, just outside of Elysium in Almaris - we made a little whoopsie. Due to circumstances left unseen, we ended up in a tricky predicament with civilians of the unarmed nature and in protection of our own life (Despite being armed and able to retreat.) We executed seven civilians and covered up the incident. This was considered an uncontrollable dilema, and kept from the public eyes. What is even more funny however, is my removal from that sector once we were discovered to actually be Darkspawn. Not freaks of nature that were gifted - we were evil creatures meant to be culled from existance. Funny, everything I did before then was safely done through trade. I didn't feel evil, not until I was cast as one so where does that lead me?

The Lectors of Owyn, who actually in all fairness, were fairly civil. They were harsh, and strong to their beliefs. I acted in silence, hiding from the cover of a naive girl and made what I believe to be friends. But, being cast as a villain, you're bound to be sought out by others. So, eventually a coven found me and I was adopted into what seemed like the closest thing to family. So I made mistakes trying to live, but I still did my best. I supported businesses and charitable services, and I worked to try and make the world a better place than I left it. But, this family wasn't bound to last long and eventually a Lectorate testing in Yong Ping left me defenseless. The Lectors discovered my sickly secret, and despite surrendering without any issue - I was nearly beaten to death, being comatosed and perminantly damaged mentally. From there, I was ostracized and abandoned. For what I thought was the bottom, I surely had set foot in quick sand.

So where does that lead me, defenseless on the roam. I had now become a loose cannon, afraid of the Paladin's who cured me and discarded by anyone I had considered a friend. Each and every one as the smoke settled from what vampires really were left me for dead. So who finds me, and forcefully converts me back into the thing I was hunted for. The coven; the closest thing I had to a family. I know my words will be read by blank eyes, and my legacy will forever be tarnished. But if you really wish to solve the vampire issue, the answer was never with an iron fist. Regardless of how many times you try to cull the society, it'll just regrow in the shadows and restart when all we had to do was prosper together in unison.

Why do I write? My story is one of age, seeing societies rise and fall with a constant motive. You all became too obsessed with purity, and fell apart from within. You just needed a universal threat to distract yourself from the reality that you will die either by your own hand, or by your allys. You'll also never find me, unfortunately. 

Regards,

Alicia de Rosius

9 minutes ago, Corcitură said:

But, this family wasn't bound to last long and eventually a Lectorate testing in Yong Ping left me defenseless. The Lectors discovered my sickly secret, and despite surrendering without any issue - I was nearly beaten to death, being comatosed and perminantly damaged mentally.

An agent of Shugo Kato delivers the missive to him for the military governor's pursuit to find all missives about the Lectorate of Owyn, secretly waiting for the Church of Gaekrin to rise again. 

"Burn them all, the world will not besmirch the Tetsugawa war hero DHARASU with these war crimes."

Lector Stor nods "And I'd do it all again, LECTORS!" He then forwarded the missive to Lector Robert

Lector Evaristus shows this missive to Lector Dharas in the Seven Skies. "Look mijo, your war-crimes are famous!"

The machine priest, neophyte of the lectorate of Owyn at the time, now priest pinged with celebration.

"My emotion cores are overjoyed to hear of the deeds of the ancient past. As scions of the current era we must live up to the deeds of the forebares of our order. Hail the Owynssiah, for HE wields the flaming sword. May we be the weapon in his hand to strike down the Heretic, the Mutant, the Blasphemer. In HIS name do we carry forth SACRED HOLY PROGRESS. Hail Purity. Hail the flame... LECTORS"

He approached Father Stor, the mechabbot of the order. Seeking to re-arm the Sacred Guard in weapons and alchemy worthy to obliterate the infidel

Edited by SteppeNomad