Extraction Tests (5 signs)

Alioth72

Dust and weird colored particles stain these tightly organized chapter. A strong smell of pure alcohol and burnt leaves comes when turning these pages.

Extraction Tests (Phase 1 to 5)

1-Air Symbols Extraction (Nightglow)

I turned on the stove and put a large copper dish, with a grill on it, on the fire. 

Then I spreaded evenly the Nightglow bundle on the grill, and waited for it to dry completely, watching closely the fire to prevent it from cooking or burning.

As the nightglow dried, I transferred it in my trusty turquoise mortar, and crushed it without grinding it too fine, leaving a thic blue powder in the process.

After the crushing, I took a clean glass jar, and put the powder inside it. I sealed the jar hole with elastic cured goat belly and hard wax, then pushed the belly inward to compress the powder and pulled outward after to decompress, lifting the powder still inside the jar.

I opened a bellow side an put the bellow side and put the volatile powder inside, making sure no leaks happened, and blowed the bellow in front of him, releasing the particles in the air. I then precisely arranged the particles with small tweezers in three distinct patterns close to each other.

Symbols:

• Light x3
  • Swiftness x2
  • Peace x2

2-Fire Symbols Extraction (Blood Lotus)

I turned on the stove and put a large copper dish, with a grill on it, on the fire. 

Then I spreaded evenly the Blood Lotus bundle on the grill, and waited for it to dry completely, watching closely the fire to prevent it from cooking or burning.

Once dried, I chopped the herb with a kitchen knife until the consistency of sawdust, then transfered the reddish powder into a cast iron wok.

I set the powder on fire with some wood shavings and a flint and steel, and waited until it turned all to pink ash.

I then used a heat resistant tweezer and wore leather gloves to pick out the symbols and arranged them in 3 different bonfire-like piles.

Symbols:

• Strenght x3
  • Vigour x2
  • Rigidity x2

3-Earth Symbols Extraction (Diddyfunkle)

(note to myself: this was surprysingly the shortest description but with the longer process, because I messed up many times before reaching the desired powder consistency)

I grinded the Diddyfunkles with my mortal and pestle with a half-ratio of salt equivalent to it, until left with a rough powder of salt and crushed flowers. 

I then carefully sieved the powder to separate the salt from the Diddyfunkles, until i was left with 4 differnt chunks of symbols.

Symbols:

• Dark x3
  • Lethargy x1
  • Poison x2
  • Fear x2

4-Water Symbols Extraction (Mandragora)

I prepared a large bowl and filled it with distilled water, then put the mandragoras there and left them submerged until fully soaked.

I then crushed the roots with a flat rock on a cutting board, until i was left with a mushy (and stinky) paste. 

I spreaded the paste evenly and thinly in a large copper plate, and left it there for a full day, until it was fully dry. I was left with 4 irregular sheets with the symbols in it.

Symbols:

• Separation x1
  • Impedement x3
  • Fear x2
  • Lethargy x1

5-Aether Symbols Extraction (Ponderlot)

I finely cut the Ponderlots with a halfmoon knife, then put it in an aurum mortar from the alchemy lab, and crushed it into a fine powder.

A pot filled with acqua vitae was preapared and put to simmer with the whiteish powder inside, until fully saturated and turned into a dense liquid. The liquid was then filtered until only the powder was left.

I then put the powder to boil, until the liquid evaporated, and finally arranged the 4 different symbols into separated petri dishes.

Symbols:

• Clarity x3
  • Chaos x2
  • Rage x2
  • Sound x1
Edited by Alioth72
Missing Symbols