Letters from the Barony of Cascanova | A NEW HEIR

Spoiler

BALIANESE HIT OF THE MONTH, brought to you by the Ranchers of Balian & the galbraith cowboys 🤠

PKgu18nOuULlU7ozjWtlab89LE9MnktiCJheTgsg7sebwINIpjl8P7JTFXt2Cir9bwx1BUDm1xDkgznH8coB2sxXovVx3ID6opAAnepOzeOHrBEfENL-xXFncuEggIGGT-kdVnKhUQ4_JHWsvn8eXtA

1963 I.T.   /  96 B.A.

aWdL6jt5nqBzJW7RyT2yI8FuEp2qNcf6rOCF62soA7EtLq05X47hMDAciniN40K70Hr6Vc69hTz82rr7bzp24khr68LCDID9SZRrIKU1pGqZwNKp3bDNuBMFEh2_jmLq5Qcq6H4O7EaRuDN7fbc2eCY

Years pass, and slowly but surely, age has begun to take its toll. When I first became Baron of Cascanova – then ‘Castelorena’ – I decided on a style of heirship to ensure the next leader would be decided not by birth, but might. Now that my eldest have reached their adult years, I see it fit to finally declare who will be the next to take up this ancient mantle. It is with great joy and confidence that my son Adrian Marcello Galbraith @oryPis to be the next Baron & Patriatch of Galbraith, upholder of our line and defender of our creed. As I take this step towards a more advisory role within our household, I do so with the utmost trust in Adrian's capability, and when I do retire, I may retire knowing the next generation is safe in his hands.

lTb5Jh9MS8gqOAgJl-l8fDpWTDC_9VSgeLeC1CzNINBlW3608nDLxctW8sk26ck6kITtukHxP4EST3Guds5NTwG2_0SUtfwV860oKygLKhLPiyno5e1SR-to21hKJQrJzepPruduCeDpVXj9c-ctA7s

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

Signed,

His Excellency, John Augustus Galbraith,

Baron of Cascanova, Patriarches de Galbraith, Ward of the King, Secretary of Diplomatic Affairs, Royal Legate.

ooY23N-_qnlae-qJc3yIk1YobH6R01UeduDMDd57AohFDJa3ccMA3YD7o_Y-_F0cTdlmSxYirL7O3-MWPoEaxDRIKMhksAjTcdBS5W4uWlqX9gYG_Wv8oa_bqCOZXihuuhOdENwC9irfAZ8Nu5yJT2Q

The Newly appointed Heir to Cascanova stared in disbelief upon the missive. "Guh?" Adrian's mouth was left open. "I'm sorry, Captain Viktoria, I've befallen teur fate as well." The man wept dramatically, however he produced no tears.

Katherine doesn't know what she expected. She's not happy to hear this. it's not that she's jealous of him. That isn't it at all. And maybe she shouldn't be holding words shared eight years ago against him. It's just... 8 years of her life are missing. Still. She wants to remember all she can now. And she remembers how Adrian talked about John. 

She remembers the negative words, which she didn't entirely disagree with at one point, and are definitely too far in the past to bring up now. She doesn't know how she feels, but she knows she is going to do nothing about this.

The old historian Marc Galbraith would nod in approval to the proclamation made by the Baron "New blood, new energy." he said, wishing the heir good luck in his future noble task of leading the Noble House of Galbraith.

"Ad Maiorem Imperium Gloriam" he added in Flexio, referring to the ancient motto of the family.