[PK] THE DEATH OF LANRE CERUSIL

sam33497

Andria recalled meeting him only a few months ago, "This man would do great things," she had thought at the time. Now, faced with his untimely demise, she couldn't help but wonder if she had been mistaken in her assessment or if death had simply whisked him away too soon.

Spoiler

FAERYEL:

I will see you at the appointed time and hour, Cerusil, and I will do my best to kill you. I know you'd do the same for me.

LANRE:

Well. . . Maybe I'll spare you!

FAERYEL:

Pfah!

LANRE:

But I need to live! Bye.

FAERYEL:

Ta.

----

Spoiler

FAERYEL:
Goodnight, axolotl, Aeolus of Khamees, Lady-Magister, others. Kill you later Cerusil.

LANRE:

It's fine to call me Lanre. There's plenty of Cerusil and some of them suck.

FAERYEL:

No, I insist on surnames. It makes it all more dramatic.

LANRE:

Goodbye, Faeryel.

Faeryel had been privy to the conspiracy.

Spoiler

MASKED MAN:

You don't approve.

FAERYEL shakes her head.

----

Spoiler

ARMORED MAN:

You can wear a mask. Or are you saying it'd be best not to be involved at all?

FAERYEL:

I can produce whatever you need alchemically.

ARMORED MAN:

But you'd rather not be in the room.

FAERYEL:

Yes.

An Elder known as Ava Ranaleth who thought briefly about Lanre's regard, smiled. He was a free-spirit who did whatever he wanted to achieve his goals and protect his people, no matter the sacrifice or if he were to look evil. That's something she respected, he was the only Cerusil she did not see as futile. Alas, with his departure(if rumors were true), she had lost a possible rival or a worthy fighter to challenge one day, that brought her sadness. 

"Stand proud, Lanre Cerusil. You were strong."

Valindra carried mixed emotions regarding the death of the Cerusil. Lingering in her estate, she recalled their brief friendship. On one hand, a potential threat had been erased from her presence. On the other, Lanre never showcased any inherently malicious intent towards her.  The magus's paranoia was rampant, and thus when word reached her of the demise of not one, but two of her once allies, at first her lips pulled into a wicked smirk.

Alas, later, sense returned. Reflecting on their past interactions, she exhaled a quiet sigh to herself. "..  You would not have failed if you had chosen less powerful enemies." And with that, the ex magister mourned, if only for a brief time, for another had been lost in the struggle.

Medea would only just found time to sit and was hoping to relax, but remembered all the missives she needed to catch up on. Going through all the unread letters, she landed upon this one. The elfess was not expecting much until she felt warm tears streaming down her face as she red through the missive. Putting the missive down, she would take two bottles of alcohol, going by the fire place. Medea sat down, opening both of the bottles, one for herself and one was placed by the fire. "Oh Lanre...though we were not close, I still admired you. I remember the day we got promoted together...and I remember the days you helped me improve...you were one of the few people that acknowledged me and saw my strength back then when many did not...I never got to properly thank you. In our next life, I would be honored to fight along side you again." Medea would toast the bottle she held "May you rest peacefully within the stars embrace." She said before drinking the night away.