A Challenge

LobsterLarry

hcgfzkgVO97iTgs4_9tB-dfqC0s2UIovlF2-r-qMO0MHZ9uLwjhCLpnacuMjpJ6ZLdJTe38MfVhQ15zfW1LO_1XXxoARDWrnzF4LRKaijkaIH7o79Wzkpd8KZUjf6JUH0t-rq9--Sc3Ec1lOKpEA5oU

2b312136790862c7d54d9897932de2cb.thumb.png.213bf9df0ebd9b2a04b9fa7d70ffde37.png

*Klog’Gorkil, sitting on a throne surrounded by his past foe’s heads, writing a note to Haus of Hohkmat.*

ez4FKuanS4bT9pKDbl5ycq_PK_dZ9KypnfWZ6ZFcE7ycCHWpdSh9ILfAwfMLG191zf5MqplHrYWQaVRLRKnQzY5tO3ZCXcs-B1fndQNHfMCIchnaNZCr79jRzipi_MGwqopd-tWHrjjP3qVPYpe5o-8

“Mi have had enough of hearin da wordz about lat bein a buurz, an lat conzpirin wit da darkzpawn. Ahm nub longah tik to blah about da rezolution, ahm time to KLOMP! Mi challenge lat to a klomp to da death… Zho what will it be puny man? Will lat face mi wid honor? Or will lat ztay in latz castle like a lil KUB! Face mi baby man, either flat wid honor, or flat mi and prove latz strength. Mi will nub longah zit idly by az lat wreakz havoc an make buurz mojo… Ahm time to put lat in latz place… in da ground. If lat nub accept da duel… Mi will bring Orkizh Legionz onto latz front door, an flat latz women, an eat latz kubz… Mi will turn latz zoldierz into a big pile of red. Zho, what will it be, Klomp to da death, or get put in da pile.”

~Klog’Gorkil Of Da Horde

Spoiler

English:

"I have had enough of hearing the words about you being evil, and you conspiring with the darkspawn. Its no longer time to speak about resolution, its time to fight. I challenge you to a fight to the death. So what will it be puny man? Will you face me with honor? Or will you stay in your castle like a little child. Face me baby man, either die with honor, or kill me and prove your strength. I will no longer sit idly by as you wreak havoc and make evil magic. It's time to put you in your place.. in the ground. If you don't accept the duel I will bring Orcish legions onto your doorstep, and kill your women, and eat your children. I will turn your soldiers into a big pile of red. So, what will it be, fight to the death, or get put in the pile?

That Watcher squints as he tries to pierce through a written accent, and a quite-detrimental choice of ink coloring upon similarly colored paper. He turns to his ever-faithful Yisar, which already seems to express dread at the incoming tangent.

"No, don't you start - these are the same folk that lost a war. They just do this over and over - it's gotta be names on a dartboard they spin. Maybe you'll be next, hmm?"

He poses to the strange creature - which seems to take offense at that, promptly consuming the very paper the Watcher reads. As it does, however - magically, the text on the paper changes as the bold, blood-red title and a curiously intelligent translation of scripted accent. The blonde ponders which spirit the poor uruk must have sacrificed his newborn too for such a feat of magic, as he retrieves what scraps of paper remain from the Yisar and pens a reply.

Curiously, a copy of his reply, and a more legible transcription of the original letter save it's fancy embroidery, finds itself pinned on the Hohkmati Pinboard.

Klog of The Horde,

First, it's Haus, Of Paradox. I invite you to re-issue this challenge with my name put properly. If one of us is to die, you damn well better be sure it's done properly. 

I find myself confused - I know nothing of you, nor do I recall any attempts from yourself at reconciliation or resolution. I would urge you to perhaps begin with such - A simple test and visit to the Spirits would erase most of your claims easily enough, and would allow me the chance to further provide a offering to whatever spirit allowed you to change the very words upon this paper before my eyes. Truly, I find myself in awe over the domain of such power, sometimes.

To the rest of your letter - I have no castle, and I find myself rapidly approaching 74; ergo, 'Baby man in a castle ' is in poor tastes. Such claims of 'wreck havoc and perform evil magic' are lackluster - alleged something specific, please. I have no woman, as you so kindly refer to, and my children have slain abhorrence's from beyond the Veil - I don't think they'd appreciate the disturbance, and I must further insists you limit your troubles with me to me only.

I have no soldiers, no legion - these are things of kingdoms and nobility, of which I am mostly not. I am a Watcher, simply, and I find myself a bit busy with a Tear and a Horror to simply ignore such problems in favor of violence. I will acknowledge where there is good - you claim such challenge over honor, not greed based on a bounty. As such, I offer you the chance to meet me by yourself, face to face, under the meditation of the Kwee'Hayastaani. I have travelled in my many years, and word of their reputation for providing a place for disagreements to be resolved has reached me more then once, before. If they are willing to host us, I invite you to bring whichever means you'd like to prove that I am not the darkspawn you claim, and to otherwise attempt the resolution you evidently seek, and have not been able to succeed at before such a challenge. 

I urge you, however - please do not mistake this for pacifism. You are welcome to speak to Muraak, or your fellow Apek of what a sliver of my attention has wrought when violence is pressed unto myself. Do not violate the peace of others in your quest for slaughter. 

I have also taken the liberty of scribing copies to be placed within Hohkmat - you, after all, have alleged you will attack them should you not find my response sufficient. 

I eagerly await your reply, Klog of Gorkil. 

Kindly,

sSzQ3hMlWfhJ4yePpUS8XBuOacfjIwhMMTpC2H-rFLfAMVifVoaNIB2TLBlhGvz68pjwFmOTsDHL2CbrW2-7I2D3uZG1bWOCYbEWEn_5a43q0HZmYKeanjh3rkUG8X9xuZq-Xz50HBfm7A9xDhA25qM

ueaceV1hAGMy8aln94c4T0c8PdwAYe29Bu2lEqIBrFHxzQHFIDNNSnytMwlyPQ3KX83rWotbLyFuI4QfWv6goZji5RoPBXSrBUutsQUJPPBrT322hWePLp0cua7mLwoNhXTYhXPm5MKQpXNbA2RDFPs

Lord-Magister, Dr. Haus, Of Paradox
Master of the Ziggurat of Hohkmat, Watcher of the Veil

Spoiler

@LobsterLarry

Happy to reach out through the Kwee discord to schedule! 

Spoiler

Oop not public nvm then, still don't treat women like property putting it back bc haus publicized it

". . . an flat latz women . . .?" The Lady Magister raised an eyebrow as she crumpled up her copy of the missive, "I see we're treatin' women like property today, aren't we?" She tutted before going to do a sick bank shot of the paper ball into the furnace of her smithy.

Edited by ScoutTheWitch

10 minutes ago, ScoutTheWitch said:
  Hide contents

Oop not public nvm then, still don't treat women like property

Spoiler

not treating women like property, i would have said "your men" aswell. I meant it as their citizens. Not trying to be sexist

Grothzark'Dom reads the written missive, croaking aloud to those who'd listen "Da twig would only meet in zekret agh upon neutral landz. Too many otherz would interuppt da duel to put down the magi. Sandz guide lat, Bruddah Klog."

28 minutes ago, LobsterLarry said:
  13 minutes ago, ScoutTheWitch said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Oop not public nvm then, still don't treat women like property

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

:3 Don't be afraid, put it in the post.