DARE TO QUESTION - AEVOSIAN UNIFICATION & IMPERIALISM

Spoiler

Seannie and I have been good friends for years and this post is entirely written from an IRP perspective (wild I know), and is simply a portrayal of my character’s RP opinions (even wilder).

CAUSE FOR CAUTION 

for

AEVOSIAN

IMPERIALISM

by 

ERIK

of

MALKOVYA

PRINTED 

BY THE 

COMMON MAN SOCIETY OF ANTI-IMPERIALISM

GwIPP96WyosZ8NxliOkODiHvEv8Pk3BKnn2GCGukWCwEwGaDASjKtDUZqwbQXijGIvmi5hskJxZIewjR7SnLzEG4tFLIjtGSl53t-2YI0NXb7KBrshZe2aoJDK6iGfrMvqTs08BlhzOida3Vv8BjOW8 

An artistic depiction of an Imperialist imagining the world without Oren.

With Aevos returned to peace following the conclusion of the Coalition War, the sovereigns of the new world order now gather to best steer our shared destiny forward, one free of unnecessary bloodshed and wanton chaos - as stipulated already by the Winburgh Proclamation, Section VII, the Future of Man, wherein the Grand Covenant of the Exalted Horen's descendants have been convening to discuss such a new pivotal chapter in the Tapestry of Man. So far consisting of the realms of Petra, Haense, Aaun, Hyspia, Balian, and perhaps the emergent Principality of Reinmar. 

We find ourselves now in a post-war world where the dreams of Imperial ambition is once again settling into the minds of man. If not by the monarch(s) and their crowns, then by the scholars’ quill or the sword of warriors. We are staunchly reminded thus that humanity will always aspire to unite further, for better or for worse, our ambition as deep as the ocean. But it is for this very reason that I stand in opposition to Tiber of Neu Paradisius. I lament that we have seen these attempts by men greater than us, not once but twice, yet each attempt has failed harsher than the last. I shall in good conscience outline why the three forwarded conceptual unifications are faulty, and entirely a dream, which if realized will bring naught but harm and wasted time. While I recognize Tiber’s hope to settle any flaws through cooperation and find common success, I find it unlikely to be solved even by the greatest minds of man. Shall my words fall on deaf ears then may at least my criticism help make any faults more clear than before.

Glaring Faults of Unified or Imperial Humanity

1. With any unification attempt the yoke of each nation(s) independence must be infringed upon, stoking unpopular sentiment among the people, as well as spitting on the sacrifices of many wars, causing widespread dissatisfaction from the onset.

1. Any open-gate policies or shared citizenry registers would cause widespread bureaucracy liabilities that neither stand to profit from the changes but instead make governing more difficult. In the same sense, criminals would also cause further political turmoil, for states will stand by their people, even if to the demerit of another state, as has been shown many times historically.

1. Any unified capital and governor or monarch of such a place will only stand to benefit the first ruling family or representative of such a place, each nation making vast sacrifices, to bolster such a place at their own expense, while they would do better without it.

1. As proven time and time again all it takes is for a singular state or representative of a larger group to act out, to break the system, or otherwise be disenfranchised for the whole thing to come crumbling. May this be the “unified” leader deciding that their family is in fact a dynasty now and no new leader shall be elected, or for example a state asking to revoke membership due to grievances or dissatisfaction.

1. The effort and sacrifices required to form such a union between states will always require more time and work than the benefits that would result from less work, begging the question: Why even bother?

1. The unification in all but name relegates each royal family to a vassal of a greater entity that may or may not have its best interests in mind. Many conflicting loyalties will exist as a result, and the only solution would be for each state to give up statehood for shared identity, something that will only benefit the unified leader and not any state royals.

1. For any Empire to be successful it is tantamount for it to control its various territories and vassals. If you promise that such control shall not be imposed and states will retain their independence, then unification and Imperial Ambition cannot be successful, such is the reality of an Empire, for a lack of control is the death of any such entity.

2. For cultural, ethnic, political, and other reasons, the goals of each nation and the direction its people dictate are diametrically opposed to each other. This will only further rifts, causing political pains that cannot be recovered from under a unified mantle.

1. With a grand leader of the union of states or the Empire at its head, one could only rule such an entity impartially if aware of each state's wants and needs, meaning communication must be near perfect, the history of each nation must be known at length, and cultural differences must be bridged expertly. I for one believe no man of our current day to access such ability, nor capable of performing such miracles. In the end, each ruler will lean more towards some states than others, causing harm to them, when they have sacrificed so much for unification.

1. Succession will be argued endlessly and states will leave if a leader is elected or chosen that is entirely unacceptable by their standards, no man or woman, capable of being accepted by each realm and their people as leader will be followed by such a man or woman, as such spelling the timed doom of such a concept.

I advise thus to all who read this to find in their hearts the logic and reason which I know them to hold. To learn from the faults of our past, and remember history, without the charm of legends and myths of greater men, but rather the realities and results of the events that transpired.

From this article, may your logic not falter in the face of the Imperialist Ambition of Old.

“Hmm… Ah… Oh…” pondered Garen as he read the missive. He showed it to his illiterate friend Mikolaj, waving the paper in his face as he mocked him. @Demavend

The liberal scholar Marc Galbraith was studying in the royal library of Portoregne when he found a note hidden in an old book historically attributed to Sir Frederick Armas which seemed to have been written during the times of the Eight Empire, which said:

"Young Edward, you need to realize that, historically, the dwarves and the other lesser races are the ones who have always opposed human unity. At the end of the day, they seek to see the sons of Horen divided and weak, for they know that the weaker the humans get the stronger they will become."

arubuqj-i5FAo29cPGMpTuivTsTYhqcTOzCby5KF6yRgF1wGR9tapWKVexIsHn2QA-EJUn0l0VfbXMl-TTMHSSrSGzouRY2cWsLaKFZZgREwsnCYni9ZrORbY7papKyrVsEIr62BZTlv4pp3HKbgnqY

To This Erik Fellow,

I appreciate your contributions to the world greatly, largely on account of the fact that I agree with you. Henceforth, you may imbibe free of charge in any tavern in the lands under my rule. GOD bless.

Signed,

PH667pTo4hezAWhbPzKRfl915014K8LK6ECg2QPv_oExeZwtyLA4xSbqk0Fqo9GKhjua7Ih48OzoWF9BAP60RUmbuQrdWKXw3il5g68i7fYMlKKlVVkR4F9j-9pgtPIwG8_A-ckrgI1yAp2mnZOo2ms

HER ROYAL MAJESTY, Tar-Caraneth Aryantë of the House Arthalionath, by the Grace of GOD, Queen of the Númenedain, Princess of Númenost and Minas Amath, Protector of the Adunians, Master of the Sharadûn, Templar of the Archangel Michael, Knight of the Realm