Infront of his old shrine, Gusiam would kneel, only stopped by one of his automaton messangers. though he had finished with his prayers, his eyes read the contents... at first, nothing to truely comment. Before the shamans eyes loomed at the ''recommendation'' that was offered, and soon, a small "Ha..."Was formed, before the old shaman would turn to a low cackle of laughter.

"Childish bicker? ... Is that what it is aclaimed to now.... lives lost, land siezed... All a child's game i see. Then one must question that the thought of a elven empire is akin to the same. Think about it." 

As he ranted, the only one there was his messanger, but he did not mind chatting to them. The ker taking the second to light up a cigar before he'd remotely rant. 

"Say this Childish bicker was passed along and swept under the rug, Tell me, would this stop personal grudges? What about the cultural diversity? Are they saying to unite the tree protective ames, the ancesteral worshiping ker to fall in line with those of purity? those who are void touched, the thill? Not to mention that history is destined to repeat itself..... One calls for an empire, lasts for a land or two but by internal struggles or the unity of other decendents it crumbles and most of the time it's the former. One claims extinction yet the most blood i've seen upon elves were from elves...in this land no?"

The ker then paused, puffing a bit of smoke within the air. "Don't even get me started on who would dare lead such head racking duty... what was the saying... that malin was the only king? Yet now one screams that we deserve an Emporer?.... You'd get better luck and practicality with a elven coalition then a elven empire. True, we had an empire but that was a different time...... A different age, why repeat history with something so impacticle."

The ker then placed his cigar to the paper, right along the corner as it slowly turned alight. 

"Oceans rise, empires fall, they are temporal...never eternal. I can forsee peace within every mali, for the sake of the true king. Yet  never unity, as that is no different then asking all to condem their centuries of hard work."

With that, the shaman would only watch the missive burn to ash. Before going off to the rest of his worship.

Spoiler

Credit to you if you can guess the reference hidden within this comment :)