EDICT OF CLEANSING, 524 E.S.

Galina Georgina Godunov, first of her name, and now Baroness of Verskaya, felt a swell of pride when the missive arrived on her doorstep. Finally. 

It was time to get to work.

Spoiler

"what? But we toiled so hard to build the manufactory! We even turned off both the spillage and the air pumps! Please reconsider!" 

Calls a nun to the new knög! 

"We have been loyal to the crown, we have brought only progress! What would you like us to do to keep our hard worked manufactory? We have done everything by the book!"

The King's cupbearer, Milena vas Ruthern, smirked at the ordered removal of those wretched Mechpriests. She kept in mind not to accept any catch sold by the fishermen of Waltonburg, incase they still carried the abominable toxins that alchemical waste surely produced.

Cerrick of Khamees, a Paladin of Xan, looked over the missive with a grin. He turned his eyes North, towards a new bastion. 
"Perhaps now we can finally restore ORDER."

A certain Fallen Baron lifted the missive into the light, allowing the beaming sun to illuminate those parchment papers and shine through onto his careless features. A scoff was given.

"I suppose in a land of disgusting, corrupted taint, even the briefest spec of genuine nobility would be seen as rot.. No matter. The shackles are coming undone, one by one.." A grin formed, flashing two mundane canines in the glistening light.

"I'm almost ready, my love.. I will see you soon."

"Although we have toiled unending to bring about blessed SACRED progress and blessings to the blessed laborers of Haensetia, although we have long treated and offered grand blessings of machines and manufactory to the citizenry, now in this age we are being prosecuted? When the temple approved by the previous divinely inspired king and queen? The old fine patriarch Jolly Joseph and villorik? We have done nothing but tend the flock, and bring about blessings. Never have we preached anything contrary to the Jorenic rite. We have agreed to direct all coal sludge towards Lurin instead of the otherwise downriver!

We have done everything by the proper bureaucracy, and capitulated to every demand. We had even gotten signatures on a petition from every citizen of haense before we even constructed the temple! Why now, of any time, do the lords see us as poor? We have been the ones who had constructed them their own limb augments and weapons. We had built countless rounds of howitzer shells for Haense's wars. We have even begun construction on the Pacifier Macro-Cannon, a project specifically for the great country of pure folk! Though we have capitulated to every demand, have only acted piously, and have only worked in purity in accordance to the virtues, why is it seen fit to betray your most active clergy though we have gone through all bureaucracy? The sludge is a non-issue. We have labored hard to maintain Haense's progress so as to not fall to sloth. The people yearn for progress. Will you not give them it?"

Mechpriest Adeptus #003 pins a letter to the side of the notice, seeking for a meeting with the lords and his lord king directly.

A concerned devil quickly makes to penning a response to the edict, various copies of the same missive soon delivered into the hands of Haenseni nobility and strewn across the notice boards of Valdev.

Camellia found the missive posted on a board, she took it in her hands and read it thoroughly. A sigh left her, what she had pushed off for some time now can no longer be ignored.

She made her way to her brother, ink and paper in her hand. 

Artem looked down at the paper with curiosity..... in his mind he kept saying his father was out there, but it seemed this paper showed him what he feared most. He looked out at Balian, the fields, the flowers, the streets...

".... If I have lost papej, then I'll stay where he once was." he decided, setting the paper down, and crossing out Godunov from his journals, from his belongings. 

"Now I'm Artem... the name they gave me."

Upon one of the karsts, the ker was preping to get a new line of custom weapons and potions down to his little shop he managed within the Haense lands. Yet as one of his informants had offered his rather grave news, the beings's smile slowly turned into a soft frown, his body going still for a moment, as those eyese were the only thing moving, he read word for word of what this declaration was. as soon, upon the karst, there was a rumble that came from Gusiam's raged, the result of exuding such agressions as stone trembled upon reading that last declaration.

"Two hundred years? No, possibly more... Three, at least kings who had all had the thanks of calling me friend.."Gusiam said, as a pure look of dissapointment was on his face."Had it not been I who had aided in sealing of the undead curse within the attunland? Had it not been I, when besieging the Mori infested lands of Fenn, did my voice not shatter it's very walls. Was it not I whomst saved countless necromancer plagues and infernal brandings of your people. Yet this is the reward for such service?"

As the Devil spoke, he looked to his features, before a laugh echoed though the charsts walls. bouncing around their walls  in all directions.

"Do they not know that us devils are born to this fate? That we are No different from decendents aside from looks?..." Then he paused, only to shake his head. he had his friends, even as a diplomat he was excited to greet this new king, initally at least.

"Leonid, Marian, The Colborns. and the others i've aided or save, I hope you at least visit. Now knowing I cannot aid you now with being threatened to be put to death... Aleksander, my friend. I hope the skies give you relaxation and remain abliss from these mortal affairs." With that, Gusiam simply went back to work, now having to shift around his priorities. Yet he only muttered one thing last.

"I hope that they still survive strong with this ruler... and not forget my final fortune i gave to them."

Upon reading the missive Lenora scoffed “Oh spirits no-“ anger flared within her... After which, a boiling clam. She quickly got a piece of parchment out of her desk and began to write Ivan VIII in hopes of getting her husband excused from this edict.

She and Gusiam had helped several Hanseti in the past, which included the royal family. The late King Alexander II and the late Queen Amaya had both considered Gusiam a friend, and he alone had saved hundreds of Hanseti citizens from necrotic diseases... Surely this had to count for something!

Spoiler

Make sure to check your mail!

Aleksey, firstborn son of Anatoliy, twin to Camellia, looks at the missive with a deep frown. He, himself, looks to the paper with a growing sneer, a hatred in his heart for a place he had once begged not to be taken from. "Lies," says the teen, a recent 14. "Lies, and slander. On mea papej, beforehand even on mea mamej. Now they claim they killed papej, that his head is..."

When Camellia approaches him, he wastes no time in helping her put quill to paper.

"Damned be a kingdom of the self righteous."