The Last Will And Testament of Valindra Nullivari

Quite promptly, a number of letters would be distributed among people Valindra once new, varying in length. Despite promises of riches to be awarded, none would follow, as though all of her possessions had been entirely lost.

[Keep in mind that none of these would be public knowledge unless disclosed by the recipient.

This is a speed-written post as I wanted to strike while the iron was hot. PM me if you didn't get a letter but felt you should. I have like 100 unfinished letters tucked away in a google doc]

#1 - Illthrak Ibarellen @Moping

Spoiler

Illthrak

Princeling, 

If you are reading this, I have failed you and my life has been claimed beyond the means of mortal-known resurrection. I carry to my grave a number of regrets, as there was much left unsaid between us. I cared for you, more than you’ll know and I can only apologize that I marched to my fate without bidding you a proper goodbye.

Your mind is clouded with doubts, doubts you need not have. You’ve great potential, yet your need for power is largely unnecessary in the areas that you believe. Take comfort in friends, family and allies. As a ruler, these will always be your greatest strength. True allies will bend over backwards to aid you if you do the same for them. 

I leave to you tokens of the life I once held; one of two of my Azhl wedding daggers. Enchanted with a potent sand blast, they should confound your enemies. May it serve you as well as it did I.

You are also granted full custody of Sarge and all her offspring. 

Should you ever require aid, you may speak to Danilo should he also be alive still.. My allies will be your own for as long as you both respect my legacy.

Stand tall, stand proud, my prince, for you are stronger than you give yourself credit for.

Forever your blade, in this life and the next,

Valindra.

#2 - Callahan 

Spoiler

My brother in faith,

I have departed this mortal plane. I know not where I’ll be headed, whether those of the seven skies will declare me redeemed or if I’m destined for the Ebrietaes. Regardless of the outcome, I have made my peace and performed my duty. You were a friend to me, a guide and guardian of true canonist ideals. I pray that you keep along this path, though don’t doubt you’ll falter even for a moment. For your companionship and counsel, I cannot truly thank you enough. You are the lifeblood the canonist church requires to continue its existence, but so much more. The potential to guide the flock back to the true ways lies within you. Raguel was right. Alas, it was not my enemies that scared me, but my closest allies. If you are reading this, I have most likely been betrayed.

Hunt down the unworthy magi, my friend, strike them down in GOD’s name. Alas, a hunter of magi requires a weapon befitting their seat. It is for this reason I leave to you my shortsword, the Frozen Heart. A dagger comprised of starsteel and most importantly thanhic steel. With this formidable weapon of mana-disruption, I’m sure you’ll make short work of any magical heretics.

In GOD we trust, and to GOD I commit my immortal soul.

Walk in HIS path, friend.

Valindra.

#3 - Elenora 

Spoiler

Dearest Ele, a friend through multiple lives,

I am sorry. I did not wish to leave you alone. Please stay safe. You were one of the few people I'd have died for.

-Val.

#4 - Numeon, Malithor, Thalon and Ro'ya

Spoiler

My bond-bound brothers, sisters, nieces and nephews,

If this letter reaches you, I have fallen. I am thankful eternally for your companionship, for you took me in when my flesh and blood would have seen me dead. I cannot choose whom I share blood with, but I can choose who I call my family; and you all are my family.

Watch over Celia’nor and take up my mantle in protecting Celia’norian royarchs while advising behind closed doors. In turn, I shall grant you one of my most treasured possessions. Many would scorn dragonkin for their existence. Many of my Xionist brethren would have hunted you to varying degrees of success. However, when I see strength, I am bound to respect. When I see loyalty, I am glad to repay it in kind. An eternal fight, unending between aengudaemonica and Xionist must be upheld in order to maintain the cosmic balance. 

I despise almost all elves s equally. However, I despise the Nullivari far less equally and the slaves of Wyrvun far more so.

I grant unto you a scale of the Dragaar, an ancient scion, one that I stole to scorn the my foes on Arcas. I ask that you not turn this into your holy metal, but instead dangle it over the lessers' heads as a one-up on them. I was petty in life. I wish to continue that legacy in death.

From the wastes, I will be watching. Give them hell.

Valindra.

#5 - The loyal Atmorices

Spoiler

Adelia, Ivae and company,

I am dead. There is no ifs, ands or buts about it.  I sought vengeance in life and I most certainly do so in death. I can't lie to you and say I am not suffering, for the wastes are cruel and likely tearing my soul asunder as we speak. I knew this, and such is why I evaded death even when I seemingly despised living so much.

Ivae and peregrine.. I adore you both. You didn't have to show me kindness, but you did.. You made living bearable and that is a debt I can never repay. 

Do not suffer the same fate as I... Survive and endure, and make them pay.

-Val

#6 - Laerdya

Spoiler

Lae,

I'll keep this short and sweet... Thank you for everything. I never showed my appreciation of you in life but you were one of the only longtime friends I had who did not stab me in the back and judged not for my insanity and the actions spawned from them.  Speak to Astark. My gift to you is one last goodbye, and the assurance I shall always allow myself to be pulled from the wastes to speak to you.

People say you cannot choose family, I disagree. You were the family, the support that kept me going for so long.

I shall also give you the answer I couldn't bring myself to give in life, I was cold, cruel and ruthless, distrustful and mean not out of spite, but out of fear.. All I wanted in life was to be loved, without the fear of that love turning to hate over betrayal.

Don't fret about my fate, you know me, I am probably giving the geists in the wastes a run for their money. After all, Mlythul Tlan is dead, and a replacement is needed. 

All my love, 

Valindra.

#7 - Thalien

Spoiler

Thalien,

You're probably already aware I'm deceased. I'm sorry. I cared for you. You receive my tricorn, my shades and my other Azhl dagger.  Thank you for holding me when I was too scared to hold anyone else. Be safe, you will survive this..

-Valindra

#8 - Delmar

Spoiler

Llir,

If I do not return in a few provident's days, you know what to do.

-The Mistwarden

#9 - Astark 

Spoiler

Make them scream.

-Valindra

#10 - Vyllaenen

Spoiler

As much as I hated you, I despised myself more. I was not enough, I know that now. 

-Val

#11 - Naele

Spoiler

My longtime llir,

I am more than likely dead if you're reading this. I don't expect you to take the loss well, but that is alright. Whoever you tear to shreds more than likely deserves it entirely. Make them suffer for me, like we did with the 'fenn on Atlas. Take care of the girls for me, sister. You were my oldest and most loyal ally. 

-Valindra

A cruel joke. Elenora had just been held by her, listened to her play her lute before it all went dark.

The death of her brothers and sisters. Her Father. Her closest ally.

Death surrounded her.

“I am cursed.”

“̶̡̱͚͍̱͚͋I̸̥̤̩̲͙̾̎̐͗̌͘t̴̢̞̫̥̖̻̓̀͛͐͠͝ ̴̻̟͙̪̝̎̈͆͆̆̐͘͜c̸͙̳̞̗̊͒̐̊̊̂̈́̂o̸̢͎̱̯̘̠̥̫̎̓̌͛͒͐̐̾̚͠m̶̱͔̭̀̐̌́́̈͠ḙ̸͔́̈͐̕͠ś̷̻̙͓̙͇͖͔̃̀ͅ ̶̭͉̾̌̔͗̑͝f̶̢̔̓̅́̈̋̆o̴̭̪͖͊̀̉͐̂͝ŗ̶̼̭̪́͆́̒̍̂̌̂̈͘ ̴̜͉̬̪͚̤̘͑̿͆̂͂̐̾̇͜ú̴̟͖͓̣͎̣s̸̳̪̰̽͐̋̒̈́̏͑̎̚͠ ̴̡̘͕̫̬̌͌̓̔͑̊̃͋̓͝ạ̶̧̃͒́̆̍͋͘͝ļ̵̹̱̠͍̬̳̮̗̔̋̎̐̀͊̈̚͜l̸̮̭̱͔͍̥̹̞̓͂͋̈ ̵̢̢̠̣̘̽̿͑̈́̽͐͐̏͘è̷̪̹͔͔͉̣̮͙̇͌̅̈́̚̚͜͝v̶̢̧͖͚̺̻̼̗̦̓̾̍̈́͒̈́̈́͠e̴̬̩̫͛͛ṇ̵̛͐̂̃̍̃̂̀͐͝t̶̡̽́̉́̏̚͝u̴͔̟͙͛͋͌̃̂̄̋̌͛a̴͖̦͂̄̌̍̄̓͒͒̚ĺ̴̢̖̜̞͗̅̆͝l̵̬͖̼̞̰͖͓̽̀̉̌̉̚ỹ̵̬̓̍̀̏.̸̡̦͉̄”̸̧̞͇̞̤̈́̽͆́͌͋̂̑͑̀

“Why cant it be me?”

̵̧̡͈̞͉̣̯̅̌̿̀͛́̾͠͠“̶̪̖̬͓͈͓̎̀̓͛́̏̎͌̀̐T̷̡̞̤͔̻̞̺͕̞̻̾̏̌̕̚ḧ̵̖̗͇͇̪̯́́̕̚e̸̙̯̍̐̿̒͑̑̔̐͒͠ý̷̢̧͎̖̟̙̮͎͎̳̾͆̓̔̂́̈́̕’̶̛̜̣̯͚̳̮̳̔̍̕d̸̤̀̆̌̅ ̶̡̱̪͓̾̆͋ͅb̵̛̙̹͚́̑̈́͊̓͊̈e̴̡͚̪̮̳͇̤̠͇̰͂ ̶̼͕͕̺̯̱̙̘͇̀ş̷͎́͊̓̿̽ỏ̷̡͇̟̘̗͙̬̐̓̓͑́ ̶͇̪̬̳̆͋̕͠a̷̫̺̘͚͆͜n̷̦̻͗͌̂ġ̶͎͇͓̓̽̆͋͗͝ŗ̵̗̜͎̮͔̖̱͚̭͆̆ẙ̸̨͉͖̥̟̤̮̟ ̸̬̝͍̋̚͜͠͝w̶̛͚̦͚͎̝̹̼̗͆͐̉͠ͅi̷̮̰̣̜͈͕͙̜͆̅̆̿̍͗̕t̴̡͙͇͎͚̃̾̒̈̂̕̚̚͝h̶͍͉͈̺͔͖͗̐̊̊̿̌̚̚͝ ̷̛̪̈̊͌̇͐̓̓͛͠ỳ̶̞͍͉̭̓̊͒͋̐̾̔̚ơ̵̡̈̎̐́u̶̝͈̩͔̰̞̩̯͌̍͜͜ ̸̢͚͙͉͍̟͍͚͋͂̉̌̂͠ͅi̷̟͉̖̝̫͕̪͌͂̂̀̚̕͠f̴̜̞͒̃͂͘ ̴̱̝̪͑y̶̛͔̜̟͙͚̖̭͌̀͆̂̍̈̃͝ò̸̢̞̲͍̮̳̈̉̇̇̓́̍̌u̴̧̬̻͔̖̞̘͈͒́͌͘ͅ ̷̛̘̫̤͈̯͓͂̾̓͜͝g̸̗̟͈̦̺͙͗̈́͆̕a̷̛̰̦̭͚̝̗̬̎́̇̌̄͋̚͝v̸̧̛̰̭͚̝̠̘̥̊͌͑̉̽͂̄̾͝ě̶̠̫̺̻̦̠̰̣̲̓̎̈̂͜ ̶̧̛̮̣̲̥̒̃u̶̱̫͓̒͆̔̇͝p̴̞͖̩͙̞̱͚̈́̐̈̒̄̉̏̕ ̷͓̖̯̗̙̇̓̋͊̅̍̚͝ͅń̸̖̗͎͚͕̻̝̞̭ǫ̸̙͔̜̝̳̗̣̟̼͊̄w̶̞̓ͅ.̷̼̀ͅ”̷͉̙̱̼͗͂̃̕̚

“I wont even see them in my death.”

̷̢̛͖̰̱̋͗̑̌̃͆̊̐͝Ą̶̛̤͔̯͖͌̇͠l̷̛͚̰͐͌̾͋̒̌̕l̴̻̭͔͋̓̅̍͊͋̃̚ ̶̢̗̯͕͚̻̟̼̼͔́̽́͝ț̵̢͕̼̹̃̀̓̎̒͝h̵̢͓͖̟̝͚̭̥̥͔́͌͑͆̾e̸͎̟̘̖̍͗́́͛̓͂̕̚͝ ̸̘͙͉́̂͛͝m̸̛̭͔͖̻͇̞͈̝͔̍̾͒͂̿͗ǫ̶̖͈̟̅̏͌̈́̆͑́r̶̨̘̠̤̫̼̪͓͐̔ḕ̸͈̘̥̭̫̰̳͎͆͘͘͜͝͝͝ͅ ̷̢͓͈̠̮̮̥̏͐͘r̷̝̐͆͂̅̈́ę̷̡̖̥̜̥̺͚͇̘̋̄̆̽à̵͓͇̃̊͂̀̕͜͠ṣ̶̨̟̯̫̺̓̋̍̽̃͋̄̚̕̚o̸͓̦͖͈̼͊͆͌̾̋́̈́͐͌̎͜n̶̢̤̺̙̲̘͓͇͖̉̉͂͜ ̷̨̝͈̳̪͙̦̊̌͌͂͛̃̌̄͗̓t̷̨̙̠̞͇͚̟̗̞̆̽̀͛̃͒́́̾̕ǫ̷̫̻̯͇͚̠͑͠ ̸̫͋́̈́ļ̸͖̖̰̯̘̗͋̏͆̋͋̊̓͠͝ȋ̴̻̻̩̲̹͑͛̄̔̍̅̋̌̔v̴͔͉̣̫̙̻̳͎̞̎͌̑͐͆͑̓ȩ̴̜̪̰̜̞̃͗̐̒͊͘,̶́̊̐ͅ ̴̧̛̫͓̼͆̈́̐͛̂̐̿̚f̷͕͓̰̈́͌̓̀̽̽̚͜õ̴͍̝̝̤̝̭̝͋r̴̭͉̥̈͐̉̈͝ ̶̡̟͈͖͇͙̲̱̣̓̀̈́͑͛̔̓͛̎ͅṫ̶̡̪̻̘̹̘̻̻͉̓͆h̸̛͚̙͈̥͓̬͔̰͗̽̒͌̉ͅȩ̴̖͕̱͇̥͖͙̿̎̊̎̄͑̒̇m̶̨͕̳̲̖͔̹̰̌̓̽̃̒̀̚͝.̵̧̹̜̽͂̈́̈́̄͂́̅͆͘ ̵̧̘̬̙̩̋͌͜T̶̡͓̟̱̹̪̈́̒͑̿̓͊̈́͝h̸̥̖͇͎̹̗̼̪̽͑̌̆̀̀ͅḙ̴͈̗̪̫̟̆̍i̵͇̠͉͈̓̒r̷̛̭̃̿̋͜ ̸̡̛̭͍̲̘̇̈́̓͊̽̈́̂̄̍ḭ̶̺̱̫̳̘͓̬̻̈́͋̅͋̽̈̇̇͠n̶̢̛̯͍͕̰̹̰̖̤̩̋̔̏̉͒̈́͝͠f̸̛͎̙̟͇l̶͇̳͍̳̼̮͕̈̂͘ü̷̧̼̝̻̰̹͍̭̱̇̐͘̕͝͝ė̶̡̲̠͚̪̯̥̆̇̊ṋ̸͔̠̪̓̂̈̇̇͌̓͝c̸̢̭̬̙̬͇̺͋͑̃̄̌̚ë̷͉̝̯͕͔́̅̀͑̽͒̊̍͘̕ ̸̞̽̒̀͋͂ű̶̲̺̖̮̺̳͊p̸̥͖̲̭͎̖̲̘̰͒̾o̷͇͑̃̂̿̅̇̈̄̚̚͜͜n̴̢̻̹̞̫̭͌̈́̇̅̽͜͝ ̸̙̝̦̋̋̾̄͜ͅý̷̨̬̳̻̬̺̳̪̳̀ͅo̶͓̟̮̦̜͗u̷̮̙̹̽̈́͌̏̂͠ ̶̼̖͋w̷̬̥͖̗̮̲͆̏ỉ̵̧̛͔̦̙̣͙̼̙̱̲̈́̽l̵͓̮̟̀͗͗͆̌͘l̶̺̦̮̟͆̆ ̸̹̩̩̥͍̤̞̦̥͛̂͐̎͑̽́̚ṟ̵̈́̿̌͑́̈́ȇ̵̮͚̲͋̀m̸̛̹̟͕̟̯͙̀͊̈̆̎̇ạ̵̢͖͉̮̪̼͂̒̔́̇͗̎̍̄͘͜ï̷̧̛̖̙̦̝̀̅̊́͗͘ṇ̸̨̛̬͓͔͕́̍̔,̸̢͖̹̱̗̚ ̶̥͚͙̲̙͕̺̬͇̞̀̒̅̎͐̈́̚ă̴̦̳̓͊͊̈͝n̴͖͎̍̓̓̅̉̿̂̃̍̕ḑ̷͖̫̬̯̰̣̲̌̈̏̂́͐͌͘͝ ̵͍̻̘͐͜y̶̫̩̗̑̈́͋o̵̜͖͓̹͋͐̈́̋̐̀̒͘ͅǘ̴̡̻̦̠͓̲̮̀ͅ ̴̡̱̲̲̹͌͗w̶̗̬̮̪͈͙̯̓̆̉̿ǐ̷̦̖̒̚l̴̜̰̬̭̦͕͈̫̂̿͜͝l̴̗̈̓͗͋͝͠ ̶̧̜̝̠̩̝̮̤̪̂c̶͎̭̖̝̬͓̞̩͉̋͑̊̇́͌͛̈́͝ǎ̷̛̝̭̲̠̇̀͋͊̿̌͜͝r̴̥̎͐̿͗͐͋̅̕̕r̷̡̨̝̗̠͍͙̮̅̐̑͑y̴̧̺̣̰̘͆̉̓̿̿͑͛̚͝͝ ̴̗͇̆ã̵̛͚̀͑̍́̋̒͠͠ ̶̙̈́̑p̷̤̙̫̳̩̃̀̏̈́̓͘͝i̸̡͉̥̥̘̔̊̽͝͝͠ę̴̞̲͉̜̦͔̣̬͂̋̿ͅç̷̛͈͈͖͔̫͈͑ẻ̸̢͎̮̤͚̰̦̣ ̵̼̦͗͛͠o̵̡̬̫̯̹̳̮̻̫̯͒̈͠f̷̖̥̖̱̲͈̬̈́̅̓̒͝ͅ ̸̥̝̙̲̿̀͌̈́͝t̶̯̤̟͈̜̬͕̬̲̒̎̎̋͋̂́͝ͅh̵̭̟̜͉̦̣̉ȩ̶̟͚̼͉̹͔̬̜͆m̶͔͝͠ ̷̨͎̗͚̰̆̒̍̒͋̀̊̈́͒͠w̸̜͔͒͒̆̇̋̑͋̃̚̚i̸̹͚͍͉̫̣͗́̆̓̑ͅt̴̢̢̮͚̆̍̓̐́h̵̛̼̀͂̎̓͒ ̶͙̞͕̙͇͉̯͊̈̐͊̀̄̕͘͘͝ŷ̴̡̼̭́ơ̷̧̿̐̋͐̒̍̕̕͠u̶̡̫̱̐̃͠͝ ̵̞̻̬̦͚̻̜͎̰̫̏̿̆ȁ̶̧̙̤̪̂̌͗͊̃̔͜l̶͚̝̞̣̯͎̹̻̹̂w̶̼̮͉̣̪̞̲̍̚a̴̢̨̻͚̺̥̝̰̩͐̓́̋͑̂̒͂ÿ̸̛̦̮́̑̃̓̎̀s̸̢̫͙͋̆́̓̆͠͠.̸̢̨̨̲͉͍̠̰͝ͅ”̵͍̥͕̿̒̏́̒

"What.. do I do now?"

̴̧̛͚̪̬̲̻̂̈́͛̔"̵̣͇̮͚̣͙̺͊͋̿̍͐͌̌ͅI̵͕͍͕̫̙̮͈͉͒͊̋̿̈́͜ ̶̢̛̯͙͇̈͗̉̈p̷̖̯̹̫̰̅̒r̶̢̢͍̯̠͓̉̉̔̚o̷̝̍̏̿͌͛̽̓̃m̷̪̋̓̈́̄̎̍i̷̡̲̞͈͓̠͋͑̈́̈̽͑̎ş̸͙͇̣̣͇͔̜̄͐͂̍̿ͅé̵̡̙̼͉͐̒͑͒̽̌͆̚̕d̸̠̺̪͌ͅ ̵̼̱̲̱͔̬͙͑̽͗̐̏͝t̴̪̩̥͎̻͙̗͐͆̅̋͆͝ö̸̧̮̙̜̼̩̼̹̠̥́͒͑͌̎ ̵͓̲̤̙̼͕̱͚̌̔̈́̀̈́͐̓͠c̶̛͎͍͍̫̩̟͉͑̿̅̎̉̑̍̚͠a̷̟͙̟̋͜r̸̢̭͖͖̙̣͓͚̞̾̍͌̄͒̎͝͝e̸̡̨̧̻̣̯̘͓̽̆̈́͌̇́͌̚͠͠ͅ ̶̨̞̝̘͉͓̥͘f̶̧̛̛͚͇͇̻͉̤̺̬̆̆̒̋̀͘ö̴̺́̄͌̈́́r̶̘̓͑͌̽̈́ ̶̬̑y̵͈͊̿̉̃͋͒͝͝õ̴̰͙͠ù̷̪͋.̵̢̳̤̖̅̅ ̶͙̀́̓͆̈́̑́͝W̴̻̱̦̬̮̥̒ḛ̶͙͂͊̑̈́̇̈͠ ̶̨̤̬̗̞͓̜͎̈̌̅̄͗̿̑͌̐͠m̴̺͖͕̯̠͉͑̊̋͆͂̊̌̿͘ó̶̦̼̘̤̣̯̎́̂̾̓͋v̵̬͖̤̥̲͓̦͆̐̆͐̓́̂͠e̶̢̛̳̯̒̈̇́͆̊ ̵͔̥͔̭̩̟̲̲̋̈̂̋̕͘f̷̻̺̙̼̐̀̔̚̕͠ǫ̸̨̝̫̜͕̝̾͂͝ͅŕ̷̛̗̰̫̬̻̼́̐͐̊͒͛̾͝ŵ̴͔̉͑͌̚ã̵̛̞̠̘͈̪̅r̴̛͈̤͉͋͗̏͂͌̈͆̀͜͝ḑ̴̛̟̩͈̪̱͔͑̀͗̅̇̓͋.̷̛̗̦̟̀͐͊̚͝͝"̵̢̝͈̙̹̰͍̞̊̇͆̃̍̿

A Cerusil stares at the Pyre for a moment. Before the GREEN POWER RANGER returns to his reading for the day.

"The other shoe just dropped."

51 minutes ago, Morigung-oog said:

As much as I hated you, I despised myself more. I was not enough, I know that now. 

-Val

Vyllaenen received the letter, then promptly tucked it away. "You're a terrible liar." He spoke aloud to no one.

Indifference keeps Galahad awake in the deep hours of the night, when moonlight shafts strongest through his window sill and stars cast the onyx night sky alight. He can sometimes be seen wandering the Celian gardens by himself, when the city slumbers.

"I imagine I'll be seeing you again soon, on more equal terms." bade the Voidal-lich Az'rekash to no-one in particular.

The last living Fennic tax-auditor is awakened from his drunken stupor, lifting his weary head from the bar he laid against. His old friend, Kanvir Tundrak, leaned forward to whisper something to him.

A single tear rolled down his face, his torture finally over. 

Spoiler

ef30b7c7ed4df729f3a22e7757cc84b5.png

[!]

Within the halls of the draconic sanctum of Tor'Praeth, a primordial roar of rage and anger would shake the very foundations of the castle. The Justicar of Azdromoth paced back and forth mumbling to himself about revenge for his fallen sister. 

ee28e80397324c3e1d2091b5acf30563.jpg

4 hours ago, Morigung-oog said:

Reveal hidden contents

My bond-bound brothers, sisters, nieces and nephews,

If this letter reaches you, I have fallen. I am thankful eternally for your companionship, for you took me in when my flesh and blood would have seen me dead. I cannot choose whom I share blood with, but I can choose who I call my family; and you all are my family.

Watch over Celia’nor and take up my mantle in protecting Celia’norian royarchs while advising behind closed doors. In turn, I shall grant you one of my most treasured possessions. Many would scorn dragonkin for their existence. Many of my Xionist brethren would have hunted you to varying degrees of success. However, when I see strength, I am bound to respect. When I see loyalty, I am glad to repay it in kind. An eternal fight, unending between aengudaemonica and Xionist must be upheld in order to maintain the cosmic balance. 

I despise almost all elves s equally. However, I despise the Nullivari far less equally and the slaves of Wyrvun far more so.

I grant unto you a scale of the Dragaar, an ancient scion, one that I stole to scorn the my foes on Arcas. I ask that you not turn this into your holy metal, but instead dangle it over the lessers' heads as a one-up on them. I was petty in life. I wish to continue that legacy in death.

From the wastes, I will be watching. Give them hell.

Valindra.

Within the hallowed halls of Tor'Praeth, a solitary servant passed with silent reverence, bearing witness to an unusual sight. Lady Ro'ya Nullivari, renowned for her cold demeanour, sat in quiet contemplation - her palms grasped a missive, the delicate parchment bearing the seal of her beloved sister. Her gaze studied the words inscribed upon it, a fleeting and subtle metamorphosis sweeping across her countenance. That icy veneer that typically cloaked her faltered, the frost thawing, and a solemn hush descended, as if the air around her held its breath in deference. 

And as rumour whispered from servant to servant, it was said that Ro'ya Nullivari shed a singular tear for her sister.

A tense ‘aheral stood beneath the silky shadows of midnight, flowers held close to her chest. Outside the Py’lrie manor lay a makeshift grave; a memorial adorned with pale candles that bore little light. The only noise was the solemn chime of crickets, doing little to soothe the grief nestled in her chest. Leaving a single flower atop the stone slate, she moved away, traversing through the grim darkness of the night with a jaw clenched tight.

Letters began piling up in a mailbox that no longer had a owner, stories and adventures that would never be looked at as dust and age claimed the paper.