Notice of Renewal

wooz

Spoiler

[!] This letter found itself in all the hands of Embered Paladins one way or another.

In my months traveling I have been made aware, by pure luck I suppose. That you all have managed to lose the allies I and my Mal’onn worked hard on securing for you. Do you wish to lose? Does your single minded arrogance and hubris feel the weight of your actions yet? Will you realize your actions when Azdromoth has burned half the realm? 

When the Silverblade speaking on behalf of the Sunlit Lord gave of us the Ultimatum; Unity or Blood. What did you all think that meant? Did you think it extended only to the borders of one Order? Ne, my comrades. It extends to the borders of all those that would see the Dark felled. 

But you all cannot even Unify into a single Order. You all cannot work together. You all cannot even work together with allies made for a common fight. Truly your hubris knows no end. What would He say if He came down to our realm and saw how you all treat each other? Scheming to disconnect your fellow Embered based on evidence that you cannot prove. Acting higher than the descendants of the four brothers we swore to protect. I would not be surprised if He abandoned us again. Taking with him our Embers.

When the Silverblade again came and bid us to Unify the world once more to fell Azdromoth. You all staggered and stumbled. It was only thanks to the work of a few that you had allies offer their support. I will be returning from my short pilgrimage on spreading His message and finding my Mal’onn to set you all right. For there will be no Order or realm for us to return to if this is not remedied.

So I say, and will continue to say if it is not followed; Unify. Unify. Unify.

We are not above descendants. We are below them. We are their protectors, and their guides. Our purpose is to keep them safe from the Dark so they can be free and act how they please. So His Order can be made manifest. But yet there will be none of His Order if you all continue to let arrogance and hubris grip at the heart of the Ember you have taken on. 

You will either follow me into Light and Order. Or you will all sink and drown in Darkness. In a burned out husk of a realm with no one to protect and a Lord lost. Make your choice upon my return.

Unity is our Salvation. Salvation is our Liturgy.

-Aurae

3If3bo9VpiOUxw0LM6-AkBE9RoTg3QrS-iT2FCK5

"Disconnect Xan!" The High Keeper commanded.

"This is a hot mess already...." Sofiele said looking at the missive "An ultimatum is one hell of a way to demand someone to do something for you."

2 minutes ago, Elennanore said:

"Disconnect Xan!" The High Keeper commanded.

Aurae claps. "That's an honorary paladin right there!"

An Adunian poet walking by crouches down, picking up a missive haphazardly tossed on the ground. He reads it, and a single word escapes from his lips.

"...byrlady."

Father Nerium was already practicing drawing the [Cataclysm] runes atop a miniature of the Paladin keep when an aide brought him this missive. He threw the diorama into the nearby fireplace, whining aloud, "Are they not cooked yet, Auntie??"

Cathan stared at the sky where the comets had rained down. They said it had indicated the sun had not set. But he had seen the failures. He had seen the loss of life by failed knightly command structure.

The sun had set on the dream of the Knights who defended the land. If Aurea could build another one, based on the common soldiery that would garrison the land & integrate within the common society - there would be yet another rising of the sun.

The Daelish Commandant no longer believed in the Knights of Xan, however.

"No codex, no creed, only Xan. Hail the SUNLIT LORD!" Called some zealot near the hearth of his camp, still in recovery from the fight. "We will see if this new age brings stagnation, 'the sun rises and the sun sets'.." 

Dear, Paladin Aurae
I am slow to process, but I note the bars
As you overstate the effects of your work on ours
I understand that we have failed
And now I look and check
More discord in our ranks is sown by your disrespect
Now you call me ignorant, a blundering disgrace
If you decide on action, name a time and place, face to face
I have the honor to be Xan's disciplined soldier
C. Fen

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Dear, Paladin Aurae
I am slow to process, but I note the line
As you overstate the effects of your work on mine
I understand that we have failed
And now I look and check
More discord in our ranks is sown by your disrespect
Now you call me ignorant, a blundering disgrace
If you decide on action, name a time and place, face to face
I have the honor to be Xan's disciplined soldier
C. Fen

[!] A simple note was left in reply.

"Disciplined soldiers" do not demand a refund from allies withdrawing.

Frustration marks the face of the Golden Hearted Keeper, as she sees her comrades continue to bicker amongst themselves. "The petty squabbles these children find themselves in will lead only to ruin. Those too prideful to throw away past grudges and those too narcissistic to share the glory with their comrades, they MUST change if we are to truly unite as one under the banner of ORDER.

For it is Order that preserves us, and Light that guides our way."