LC - What Items Should Be Free?

_mady07

What Items Should Be Free?

AD_4nXdC5Jbk-Wwf3sYmRjxBVoo3hMIpragYqbpiDoRoDnt4b2b5-2atKN0cipYLsgmKf3PJUGyIzaVaiZRwjgN2uwIVJEKv9voc5SAcCUsi5dXji8lcytXa83zND-hSnzeOixieAQRfz_2brAn-Rqm11KGqIiFs?key=rjpB3CoQx-yrEWiOcH3LwQ

AD_4nXe2qv5q3cQ9KCpykGcjtxShWiSsjxLkF2o3TUnRwr4cjX_Ai72hS9TtMXDLfChjA74NUqBBZO3fvexiUWuCJgg7rOx2YcSJapElZz2jE2YkhKVjH2KkOE9YE9GHV4prnCB5MDfxbZppeyUgbdnUXKqA1aid?key=rjpB3CoQx-yrEWiOcH3LwQ

Hey, yall, the tech team is interested in hearing what blocks you guys think should be free. The blocks we are looking at are natural to environments, things like

Sand, Sandstone, Moss, ect. 

To get a wider grasp on what should be free, This post’s comments are going to be looked back on for our ideas of Free LC items going forwards.

Though we know everyone would love all blocks to be free..

We can't do that. So, please try to keep some of these comments serious and productive.

AD_4nXe2qv5q3cQ9KCpykGcjtxShWiSsjxLkF2o3TUnRwr4cjX_Ai72hS9TtMXDLfChjA74NUqBBZO3fvexiUWuCJgg7rOx2YcSJapElZz2jE2YkhKVjH2KkOE9YE9GHV4prnCB5MDfxbZppeyUgbdnUXKqA1aid?key=rjpB3CoQx-yrEWiOcH3LwQ

Thank you!! -mady07 and the Tech Team

P.S

Try to add a reason to some of your block requests

Free blocks listed here

Material.STONE, Material.STONE_SLAB, Material.STONE_STAIRS, Material.COBBLESTONE, Material.COBBLESTONE_SLAB, Material.COBBLESTONE_STAIRS, Material.ANDESITE, Material.ANDESITE_SLAB, Material.ANDESITE_STAIRS, Material.GRANITE, Material.GRANITE_SLAB, Material.GRANITE_STAIRS, Material.DIORITE, Material.DIORITE_SLAB, Material.DIORITE_STAIRS, Material.DEEPSLATE, Material.COBBLED_DEEPSLATE, Material.COBBLED_DEEPSLATE_SLAB, Material.COBBLED_DEEPSLATE_STAIRS, Material.DIRT, Material.COARSE_DIRT, Material.GRAVEL, Material.GRASS_BLOCK, Material.DIRT_PATH, Material.SAND, Material.RED_SAND, Material.PODZOL, Material.GRASS, Material.TALL_GRASS, Material.ACACIA_LEAVES, Material.BIRCH_LEAVES, Material.AZALEA_LEAVES, Material.DARK_OAK_LEAVES, Material.JUNGLE_LEAVES, Material.FLOWERING_AZALEA_LEAVES, Material.OAK_LEAVES, Material.SPRUCE_LEAVES, Material.CAVE_VINES, Material.TWISTING_VINES, Material.WEEPING_VINES, Material.TWISTING_VINES_PLANT, Material.WEEPING_VINES_PLANT, Material.VINE, Material.FERN, Material.LARGE_FERN

Material girl = Stone

Snow, mossy variants, flowers, player heads, anything that is a natural resource in real life maybe?

Bring back pastes? please?

I genuinely think it should vary. Nations like Haelun'or rely a lot on resources like quartz to give their builds a distinctively high elven feel. It feels like they and nations that don't use conventional and often times ugly stone are at an inherent disadvantage when it comes to expansion. I don't know how to fix this issue though other than allow largescale builds preselect aspects of their palette with tech team approval that can be used for free.

all wood

none otherwise we get more people making their cities entirely out of dirt and granite

Errrm please give me ancient debris for free mady07 

Agree with snow, sandstone, and quartz (and the smooth variants) tho. 

Sandstone/Red Sandstone + its variants, all plants, unstripped logs/stems, snow, the terracotta variants you can already find in vanilla badlands generation (regular, red, yellow, orange, brown, white, light grey i believe?).

This late into a map I wouldn't advise this idea but something that could be cool to try further down the line is to have different blocks be free depending on the tile, the implication being you were just able to gather resources from the local area vs the costed stuff having had to be made or imported.

All wood and log items. For the new Solgaard build, we'd have to pay mina for each (custom) made tree here.

image.png?ex=66688974&is=666737f4&hm=b0dd2afafec38ef492b1c1a2821574ceb7d4e93a8e84770a89330bb6e21a8b05&

A small price to pay for fresh, handmade terrain.. but its a price nonetheless. Consider making it free.

Logs, and maybe wood blocks

When trying to build landscapes in lc I end up having to place the logs for trees by hand since they aren't free.

Everything should be free. I wana roleplay not gather materials I hate minecraft!!!!!!!!!!

Joke aside, there should be no reason why blocks are not free and its rather silly. At least make almost everything core in construction free like all stone, wood, glass, etc.