The Normandorian Sentinels (Malinorian Guard) Updated

Ithil

Out of Character:

MC name: Cardz3

RP name:Rovan_Dyonel

Race:High Elf

Do you meet the basic Initiate requirements?

Yes, in fact I exceed them. :grin:

In Character:

You read the Oath of the Guard:

I, Rovan Dyonel swear to abide by all the rules of Normandor and the Kingdom of Malinor. I swear to uphold the peace, justice and sanctity of the Elder Tree. I swear not to abuse my powers, to assist my brothers in arms and to conduct myself professionally. I swear to follow the chain of command and strive to prove myself to them.

“As brothers in arms we strive to ensure the security and prosperity of our city. Harbingers of death to all who would oppose Her, paragons of justice to all who defy Her, protector of Her sanctity.”

Signed: Rovan Dyonel

*The Sentinel asks you questions so he may ponder over your request to join the Guard, he beckons you to keep it brief*

Question 1: What can you contribute to the guard of Normandor?

Rovan: I can contribute my own sword and skills ((42 swords)) and a fierce will to protect my homeland.

Question 2: Armoured persons approach our gates, they are open. You don’t know why they are here. What do you do?

I would order them to halt, name themselves and their business in Normandor. If they have good reasons to enter the city, such as meeting an official or returning to their homes after a journey, I would grant them entrance. If they wished to do business in the city (buying or selling items) I would ask another initiate to accompany them to their destination. If they did not provide a reason, I would sound the alarm for assistance and try to hold them at the gate.

Question 3: Where do you wish to progress in the Guard?

I wish to move up the ranks to perhaps sentinel, and be a respected citizen of Normandor.

As Lord High Commander I accept your Oath. Welcome to the Sentinels!

Out of Character:

MC name: itsjohnwooo

RP name: Saeros

Race: Elf

Do you meet the basic recruit requirements?

Aye.

In Character:

-I swear to abide by all the rules of Normandor and the Kingdom of Malinor.

-I swear to uphold the peace, justice and sanctity of the Elder Tree.

-I swear not to abuse my powers, to assist my brothers in arms and to conduct myself professionally.

-I swear to follow the chain of command and strive to prove myself to them.

“As brothers in arms we strive to ensure the security and prosperity of our city. Harbingers of death to all who would oppose Her, paragons of justice to all who defy Her, protector of Her sanctity.”

Signed: Saeros

*The Sentinel asks you questions so he may ponder over your request to join the Guard, he beckons you to keep it brief*

Question 1: What can you contribute to the Guard of Normandor?

I can provide any type of wooden material that the Guards require, as I am also a lumberjack. I have lived in Normandor for awhile so I know all the roads and buildings in Normandor. Not only that, I am training in both swordsmanship and axe mastery skills.

Question 2: Armoured persons approach our gates, they are open. You don’t know why they are here. What do you do?

First of all, closing access to the City of Normandor, ensuing the protection of the citizens inside. Then, I will ask basic questions: Their identity and reason for being in the city. If things get out of control, I will quickly call for other Guards.

Personally, I would like to reach the rank of Sentinel, possibly in Axe Mastery, for it is a vacant spot. However, I am not skilled enough to become a Sentinel, meaning I'll train very hard and do my job as a Guard, even as an Initiate.

As Lord High Commander I accept your Oath, Welcome to the Sentinels!

Out of Character:

MC name: Royal_McKeogh

RP name: Gorin

Race: Dwarf

Yes.

In Character:

I swear to abide by all the rules of Normandor and the Kingdom of Malinor. I swear to uphold the peace, justice and sanctity of the Elder Tree. I swear not to abuse my powers, to assist my brothers in arms and to conduct myself professionally. I swear to follow the chain of command and strive to prove myself to them.

Signed: Gorin

I can provide, aside from my axe, the outlook of one not of the elves. Because I am a Dwarf, and my race's philosophy differs from that of the elves, I will be able to provide different opinions on matters of alliances, war, and trade. I am also a skilled axeman, and proficient with a bow. I can collect wood to be used, as well as do a bit of farmin', although farming isn't exactly my strong suit and lumberin' comes natural to us Dwarves.

Close the gate immediately. If armored persons are approachin' the gate the citizens must be secured. After this, I would be wantin' to know how many are in their party, if I suspect they are lyin', I call for a senior officer to take over, as I don' want to be lettin' liars and trouble makers into the city. If I didn' suspect them of lyin', I would ask them to remove their helms and stow away their weapons, then ask them their business and names. If nothin' seemed suspicious by then, I would let 'em in.

Hopefully to a Sentinel, as is every recruit's dream. definitely in axes, as that is my strong suit. I hope that the Sentinels can come to see my value, and what I 'ave to offer to the Elves.

Out of Character:

MC name: RandomBuddhist

RP name: Cursolus

Race: (Wood) Elf

Do you meet the basic Initiate requirements? Yes.

In Character:

-I swear not to abuse my powers, to assist my brothers in arms and to conduct myself professionally.

Signed: Cursolus

Question 1: What can you contribute to the Guard of Normandor? My sword and bow to fight and protect, as well as my skill with travelling and scouting.

Question 2: Armoured persons approach our gates, they are open. You don’t know why they are here. What do you do? I stop them and kindly ask what they are doing. If they prove to be hostile, I will call reinforcements and defend the city with my life. If they are friendly, I will ask them to keep their swords sheathed and their helmet off while they are in the city.

Question 3: Where do you wish to progress in the Guard? Probably as far as sentinel of the shadows. My skills would be best applied doing scout and reconnaissance duty rather than guarding, so I am most likely going to aim for a job that entails such things. I don't know if I will try to go any further than that - honestly, I do not like positions of heavy responsibility. I usually prefer working independently, but the nation of Malinor called me to arms, and so I respond.

Out of Character:

MC name: Royal_McKeogh

RP name: Gorin

Race: Dwarf

Yes.

In Character:

I swear to abide by all the rules of Normandor and the Kingdom of Malinor. I swear to uphold the peace, justice and sanctity of the Elder Tree. I swear not to abuse my powers, to assist my brothers in arms and to conduct myself professionally. I swear to follow the chain of command and strive to prove myself to them.

Signed: Gorin

I can provide, aside from my axe, the outlook of one not of the elves. Because I am a Dwarf, and my race's philosophy differs from that of the elves, I will be able to provide different opinions on matters of alliances, war, and trade. I am also a skilled axeman, and proficient with a bow. I can collect wood to be used, as well as do a bit of farmin', although farming isn't exactly my strong suit and lumberin' comes natural to us Dwarves.

Close the gate immediately. If armored persons are approachin' the gate the citizens must be secured. After this, I would be wantin' to know how many are in their party, if I suspect they are lyin', I call for a senior officer to take over, as I don' want to be lettin' liars and trouble makers into the city. If I didn' suspect them of lyin', I would ask them to remove their helms and stow away their weapons, then ask them their business and names. If nothin' seemed suspicious by then, I would let 'em in.

Hopefully to a Sentinel, as is every recruit's dream. definitely in axes, as that is my strong suit. I hope that the Sentinels can come to see my value, and what I 'ave to offer to the Elves.

As High Commander of the Sentinels, I accept your Oath. Welcome Dwarf, we will certainly have use for your unique skills here. I recommend seeking out Guardian Odsarh as he is also of your kin.

Out of Character:

MC name: RandomBuddhist

RP name: Cursolus

Race: (Wood) Elf

Do you meet the basic Initiate requirements? Yes.

In Character:

Signed: Cursolus

Question 1: What can you contribute to the Guard of Normandor? My sword and bow to fight and protect, as well as my skill with travelling and scouting.

Question 2: Armoured persons approach our gates, they are open. You don’t know why they are here. What do you do? I stop them and kindly ask what they are doing. If they prove to be hostile, I will call reinforcements and defend the city with my life. If they are friendly, I will ask them to keep their swords sheathed and their helmet off while they are in the city.

Question 3: Where do you wish to progress in the Guard? Probably as far as sentinel of the shadows. My skills would be best applied doing scout and reconnaissance duty rather than guarding, so I am most likely going to aim for a job that entails such things. I don't know if I will try to go any further than that - honestly, I do not like positions of heavy responsibility. I usually prefer working independently, but the nation of Malinor called me to arms, and so I respond.

As High Commander of the Sentinels I accept your oath. Welcome Brother, we will have scouting and recon duties waiting for you. There is certainly a path to be forged in the Sentinels doing this. I look forward to meeting with you again.

I thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve for you Ithil. May I defend Malinor to the end. Hail Ithil!

Initiate Exüdan | pumpkin_eaters

I thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve for you Ithil. May I defend Malinor to the end. Hail Ithil!

Initiate Exüdan | pumpkin_eaters

It is truly a pleasure to have you in the Sentinels. May your blade be swift and your arrows true!

Due to unfortunate personal matters, I am seeking a different route in my journey to making peace with this world. I must remove my acceptance into the Order of Sentinels, may the elves of old protect you. Thank you for a wonderful opportunity.

Farewell,

Out of Character:

MC name: yoku651

RP name: Yoku

Race: Wood Elf

Do you meet the basic Initiate requirements? Yes

In Character:

"I swear to abide by all the rules of Normandor and the Kingdom of Malinor.

I swear to uphold the peace, justice and sanctity of the Elder Tree.

I swear not to abuse my powers, to assist my brothers in arms and to conduct myself professionally.

I swear to follow the chain of command and strive to prove myself to them."

As brothers in arms we strive to ensure the security and prosperity of our city. Harbingers of death to all who would oppose Her, paragons of justice to all who defy Her, protector of Her sanctity.”

Signed: Yoku

Question 1: What can you contribute to the Guard of Normandor? I can always stay on guard and focused. I also have good skills with a bow and can take out enemies from afar.

Question 2: Armoured persons approach our gates, they are open. You don’t know why they are here. What do you do? I say to them "what is your business here?" If they answer with a reasonable response, i let them in. If they answer with a not so reasonable response, run in without saying anything, or attack me, i will yell "INTRUDER!" and attack.

Question 3: Where do you wish to progress in the Guard? I wish to become a captain

'Keble slowly walks in the room and takes back his application.'

Sorry but i have found work else where.

Out of Character:

MC name: Shmoopernator.

RP name: Ceiron.

Race: Elven.

Do you meet the basic Initiate requirements? Yes, i do.

In Character:

Your read the oath of the guard:

I swear to abide by all the rules of Normandor and the Kingdom of Malinor.

I swear to uphold the peace, justice and sanctity of the Elder Tree.

I swear not to abuse my powers, to assist my brothers in arms and to conduct myself professionally.

I swear to follow the chain of command and strive to prove myself to them.

Signed: Ceiron.

Question 1: What can you contribute to the Guard of Normandor? I can contribute a level of professionalism in all ways possible. As to my duties and jobs set for me i will get the job done to the best of my capability even though i may not be as skilled as others. ((22 swords, i joined last Sunday)) Also i hope to be a trusted friend by all.

Question 2: Armoured persons approach our gates, they are open. You don’t know why they are here. What do you do? Before they get to the gates i close them incase they are people not welcome here. After this i would ask them who they are and what business they have hear. If they cannot answer my questions or have an unwelcoming answer to them i will simply tell them to leave and get back to my duties.

Question 3: Where do you wish to progress in the Guard? I wish to progress far into the ranks, as far as i can. I will do my best and become one elf that is trusted by all in the guard.

Out of Character:

MC name: spiderpig19

RP name: Taarume_Viranan

Race: Elf

Yes I do

In Character:

Signed: Taarume Viranan

I have fought with swords a lot before, when I had to strive alone with just myself and my brother Agronac. I guess I have basic sword skills and I am good at collecting resources.

Well, if they seem threatening, you question them, and if they do not answer honestly or just ignore you, deny them access into the town or place your guarding and close the gates

I want to persevere and become as high of a rank as I can in the guard to prove I can be trusted, and maybe even accepted. I would also like to help and protect others, while also supporting myself and my brother in our harsh times.

Out of Character:

MC name:ALMOSTunseen

RP name:Eodai

Race:Dark Elf

Yes

In Character:

Signed:Eodai

I am eager to learn and participate no matter how much effort, or sacrifices it takes. As a dark elf, I have lived in poverty, in the darkest corners of Asulon my whole life. Now, I think, it is time to give back, while still killing things. I am quite handy with my sword. From living in the slums for many, my ability to cook my own food, and repair my weapons is adequate.

I look around hastily, the watchtowers and walls are deserted. An armoured patrol makes its way to the gates, you do not know if they are here on treaty, or to destroy. I run hastily to gates, seeing them jammed open, a small rock lies in the corner of the gate, leaving it wedged open. Drawing my sword, a precise blow to the rock, knocks it out. The gates come tumbling down, narrowly avoiding my face. I run towards the barracks, screaming out for assistance. The guards come tumbling out of the barracks, their faces showing heavy boredom. I just remember, That today is the day of the guard meeting, and I am one of the few meant to be guarding the city while the senior guards converse.

I wish to improve my teamwork skills, and progress through the ranks. I would like to help other people as much as possible. I would also like to improve my fighting and battling skills.