The Final Face Off?

Volutional

((Why? Because when something such as this occurs, I wish for it to be "RP'D" this is an RP server, you of all people should know that, if I were to go to cloud temple right now, select the whole area, do /cut and paste it in the center of Alras and state that the monks moved it, without confronting any admin, it would be the equivalent of what happened. ))

Boats are made to be moved. Try to make your next favorite item something more sedintary.

Boats are made to be moved. Try to make your next favorite item something more sedintary.

If you read the post, you realize that this isn't about a favorite item, this isn't about ships being able to move or not, this is about the fact that GM's still have to RP when dealing with something such as this, the pirates were even oblivious to what Seventh was doing. Ordeals such as this are unacceptable on a professional role-playing server.

((I'm pretty sure I remember when this was role-played out by the pirates, it may have even been done before War Claims were established. Anyhow, the pirates are one of the more interesting groups right now and this could have been some interesting role-play development. You guys are arguing about wanting things to be role-played, yet instead of just taking this apparent miscommunication for what it was and rebounding it through role-play, you're griping about it in brackets like some kid that just lost his set of full diamond.))

((I'm pretty sure I remember when this was role-played out by the pirates, it may have even been done before War Claims were established. Anyhow, the pirates are one of the more interesting groups right now and this could have been some interesting role-play development. You guys are arguing about wanting things to be role-played, yet instead of just taking this apparent miscommunication for what it was and rebounding it through role-play, you're griping about it in brackets like some kid that just lost his set of full diamond.))

So its alright if one party role-plays out the event? In that case, I shall go the pirates domain when they are all offline, have my men RP stealing all of their ships, then world edit them away, and in two months I shall tell them what I did. Is that acceptable?

((That was a different ship, a small fishing ship which we were going to use for fast travel. We have been looking for the flagship ever since we moved to Asulon.))

Ah, right. Well, it just sounds like a miscommunication or misunderstanding that should have been communicated and role-played better initially. But honestly, the pirates have it now and there's good role-play to be had. When we first hit Asulon, an entire fleet of ships were seemingly deleted with zero explanation or compensation and none of us complained. Orcs spent a few days working on our ugly floater as well and I have no idea where it ended up, I just assumed it got world-edited out. Those first few weeks were sort've a cluster.

Don't nullify two months worth of a group's role-play just because one of their leaders did something that you feel was inappropriate.

As for this "imaginary" Admiral, I hold that position on Everard Hightower II. I fail to see how a bunch of pirates can simply walk off with a ship without a war claim. At this rate I can take a motley bunch of ragged bums and take the pirate one while all your people are offline.

Considering the boat was sitting abandoned, with no sign of anyone being on it, or no sign of anything at all - it wouldn't really have needed a war-claim, as far as I'm considered.

Considering the boat was sitting abandoned, with no sign of anyone being on it, or no sign of anything at all - it wouldn't really have needed a war-claim, as far as I'm considered.

All the boats there, including the Orc boat if they could make it sea-worthy again were going to be moved at a time of low population on the server because it'd require a lot of world editing. World editing 10,000+ blocks tends to put some stress on the server.

All the boats there, including the Orc boat if they could make it sea-worthy again were going to be moved at a time of low population on the server because it'd require a lot of world editing. World editing 10,000+ blocks tends to put some stress on the server.

It's not our fault you didn't make it clear someone was living on it, and nobody was aware that they were going to be moved. There was no signs, no nothing at all on the boat. The world-editing was also not that bad I believe, however, I'm not sure.

The way I see this, is a roleplay event that would've actually been great fun, ruined.

I didn't see any boats whatsoever when I first logged into Asulon and scouted around the area, nor was I nor any other orcs that I know of informed of a plan to move or retain the boats. The fact that pirates stole your boat and are using it for good role-play is actually a much better outcome then the rest of us that just had our boats deleted with no explanation, role-play or compensation. If your items were somehow transferred with it, even better. I lost the entire shaman library that I was attempting to transport. No biggie. There was a lot of grey area, awkward role-play and cut and paste in those first weeks.

Anyhow, I say rebuild and push on with the final face off. Sounds like a blast. Alras can play alone with their notional 150-man crew.

I didn't see any boats whatsoever when I first logged into Asulon and scouted around the area, nor was I nor any other orcs that I know of informed of a plan to move or retain the boats. The fact that pirates stole your boat and are using it for good role-play is actually a much better outcome then the rest of us that just had our boats deleted with no explanation, role-play or compensation. If your items were somehow transferred with it, even better. I lost the entire shaman library that I was attempting to transport. No biggie. There was a lot of grey area, awkward role-play and cut and paste in those first weeks.

Anyhow, I say rebuild and push on with the final face off. Sounds like a blast. Alras can play alone with their notional 150-man crew.

The boats were all moved to this area next to the atoll near Salvus.

QfjqK.jpg

Native and I went to recover the Alrasian ship to find the flagship in the center of those ships missing with a giant world edit hole in the water where the ship was.

Fair enough. It's just that the majority of the players losing out on the role-play here weren't even involved in that decision-making, and it strikes me as something that could have been better communicated on both ends, two months ago. My subtle jabs are probably only stirring the pot, so I'll step back from this one now. Hope to see something recovered from this.

If you still do this instead of using TP for boarding why not small ships aka minecraft boats?

@Volutional. Anytime/if you decide to have this battle, you will have reinforcements from the Master Thieves pirate ship.