The Golems

Lago

This is no longer being updated and is no longer a valid reference for active golems.

[[
This thread exists to keep track of golems and those who can make golems, and to answer any golem questions, IC or OOC, and help anyone seeking to play golems. There's no Golem Application, the server has too many applications already, but I may ask you a few questions to see how you'd play a golem. IC posts about what your golem has been doing would be appreciated. Also, please do not metagame the golem or creator list.

Golem Guide: http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/41754-golems/
Golem Wiki Page: http://www.lordofthecraft.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=Golems

GOLEM LIST
Active
Basilisk - capt0z
Amipher - samler

Ark - Erveris

Missing

Destroyed
Grey Vigil (Golem of Braveaxe) - Lagomorphia
'Arbrek' - zac20169
Raiga - Cookie9000
GOLEMANCER LIST
Kirrekith - Chafferccino
Floop Lightforge - Floopster
Arbrek Ironfist (Deceased) - zac20169
Rohgar (Deceased) - Lagomorphia
Tortek Irongut - AxMaynard
Hiebe Irongut - Hiebe
Regaki - XBLxSNAZZLEZ
Floop Lightforge - Floopster
Hodor Grandaxe - luchian

If this list has any errors, please point them out.

NOTE: Even if you've got everything you need to make a golem, I'd appreciate it if you cleared it with me first.
]]

((Few suggestions, first, maybe a list of who has the skill and power to create Golems? Second, would Arbrek-Golem count as destroyed? Or does he not count?))

[[Does Arbrek have his body back? And yes, a list of those with knowledge to create would be a good idea.]]

((Arbrek does indeed. Also, a question, how high is the mental capacity of the average Golem? And how high can it get? I was thinking about making a little group campaigning for "Golem Rights" after all the disrespect and crap Arbrek got IC for being a Golem. But it wouldn't do much good if they really were all mindless slaves, not worth someone's time.))

[[They like being servants. 'Arbrek' was unique. but I can see an obsession with 'Golem Rights' being a side effect of the damage to his mind of being in a golem for so long. Soulbound golems are about as clever as orcs. Lightningbound ones are about as clever as baby orcs.]]

[ Looks fun to be a golem, may consider it if i kill off a character.]

*reflects on the time that a golem collapsed on him and ruined both his body and his mind*

"One day I will avenge.. I will right the wrongs that those creatures of magic have done to me, I will teach them all!!! " *evil-ish cackling laughter*" I think I need a lie down after that..."

(( I'm actually thinking of a golem alt. they seem to give some interesting rp))

[[My MC name is XBLxSNAZZLEZ ^_^

Looks like another excellent page to add to the golem series~]]

((May consider being one with Rae, if nothing else interesting happens. Only know two who may would, if I ever choose this path.))

((To anyone who wishes to know, Arbrek is the only one o the list currently capable of forging the Golem's body, so, I give anyone who wishes to be a Golem full licence to metagame this and see if you can convince me to make you one. Arbrek is well known among Smithing and Golem communities having made several. The hard part is convincing him to make you one. :mrgreen:

Also, my MCname is zac20169))

[[seeing as this topic is being read, I thought that it would be better to ask these four questions here. What are the limitations of the cores? Do they have to be yellow? Also can they be different shapes? How would a person go about having an rp where they are the golem being created so that they can have a golem alt character?]]

What are the limitations of the cores?

The core magic is not understood, so they cannot be altered. They are incredibly fragile, nigh impossible to repair, any damage at all is detrimental to the golem, and they only work on rock or things similar to rock, ie: stone, clay, sandstone.

Do they have to be yellow?

They're translucent gold. They're as bound to their colour as silver is to being silver or sulphur is to being yellow. You could paint it another colour if you so desired, but it ends up buried in the golem so there's no point. The mist inside the core, however, varies wildly between golems.

Also can they be different shapes?

They're cubes because the minecraft gold block is a cube, but any other regular polyhedron would do.

How would a person go about having an rp where they are the golem being created so that they can have a golem alt character?

Golem Creation RP involves the making of the core, the forging of the golem, and the awakening of the golem, it should be detailed on the wiki page.

[[Thanks for answering the questions, it really makes me want to have a golem alt. ^_^ Though, not sure if i will have time to have it be a character at this time. Still, would be fun to be one.]]