The Church Of Iblees

Octovian

A note is tethered on to a pole at the entrance of several major nations amongst the human kingdoms, notably around the Holy Oren Empire and Cloud Sanctuary. It’s written in deep black ink, printed neatly on sketched parchment. The liquid seems fresh, with it still dripping along the paper. It’s headed with the title, “The Domini”. The signature at the bottom is a deep red, appearing to be dried blood.

“Sentient life on Asulon is something to be held dear; After all, we only have one chance to live. Why then, I ask, is there so much pointless blood split over ideology and meaningless disputes? The solution is seemingly simple, an old tradition that was once associated on those who were branded as evil. However, that is unfortunately not the case, as we are not evil beings who wish to cause harm, we only want to unite us as one. The naïve may be soon to shun the thought that is soon to follow, but I urge all to reconsider their standpoint on the topic. I too was ignorant, though now that my faith has been reaffirmed, I now know that I shall soon reach salvation. The answer has been buried by our ancestors of old, and since only been told in tavern side fables. The way to peace, our salvation, for those who are open-minded enough to accept it, is Iblees.

Many thoughts most likely race through your mind as of this moment. Perhaps you deem me a mad-man, daring to speak the name that killed innocent beings. May be you see me as a revolutionary, someone willing to openly speak the name once dreaded. I wouldn’t state myself as either. I do this so others may accompany me on my journey as an enlightened follower of the Lord. I find that if I weren’t to do this, I’d be as much of a hypocrite as the kings and lords that inhabit these lands. You see, you may have mourned over the loss of life that came with the conquest that the Undead brought forth on Aegis. I ask you though; did you ever take a minute to consider what reason they had for committing something that would be, under normal circumstances, considered atrocities?

Only recently has my mind become open to the teachings of Iblees. I invite all, of any ethnicity, to join me in sermon to praise the Lord Iblees. We soon plan to take action to increase our standing amongst the arrogant. We soon plan to spread the word of eternal life. We soon plan to do what we must to allow for total union amongst the races. So, if you too wish to inquire about our mission, feel free to join us among our church. Learn the true meaning that is Iblees, blasphemed by those who are truly the evil ones. Join us, and walk along the trail with us to salvation. We are The Domini. We are domain. We are the people. May Iblees be with all this day.”

Signed in Oath,

The Preacher

A small note is pinned below the main paper.

“If you wish to come in to contact with I or another associate of the order, then please leave a message here. Your message should contain all the necessary information to get in to contact with you. No need to be afraid of ridicule or persecution, as soon enough the heretics shall be silenced. Any whom care to partake in the furthering of the churches advancement in society, then please sign your name in blood.”

((The note should be IC, with your character’s name, and any other information that’d be helpful in locating you, such as an address or the city your character resides. You should also OOCLY include your Minecraft user name, along with your time zone. If you want to actually join the cult, you'll need to sign the message in blood, as well as have an accepted villain application. You do not need one if you only wish to become a parishioner at one of our churches.))

*looks at the paper and looks angrily at it*

"Another band of foolish Iblees worshippers? When the feck will these fools get that they wont bring their lord back?"

*rips the flier down and sets it ablaze*

*Thomas chuckles as he watches the pile of notes thrown on the floor and a set ablaze. The embers crack and pop as Thomas watches the man walk away. Thomas continues to walk forward, limply slightly as he looks at the notes.*

"The arrogant bastard who burnt these must of been quite angry at his life, burning civilian notes..."

*Thomas sighs as he turns away from the pile of flames and hobbles away.*

*The Preacher is leaning himself among a pillar. Once the crowd disperses from the fire, he slowly makes his move. He pulls forth another, identical flier and posts it to the bored.*

"It seems we have a blasphemer in our midst."

*With that he limps off, back to his 'construction project'.*

*Tramil sees the fliers and squints his eyes remembering something*

Could this be what my master wanted me to find? I shall try and find them, they could help me. However this differs from what my mast taught me...

*looks suspicious of the notes and walks away going to find wood for his current master*

((To all current members - I'm sorry for my current inactivity. This was due to my laptop being repaired after an incident. The group is still very well running. New members are soon to be brought within the group along with picking up our recruitment. This thread itself will be soon be updated to better show where we are now.))

Athirius reads over the note over and over, pondering on whether it is worth the risk of loosing everything he has since gained, to return to his old lord. He thinks back to the signs he'd seen of Iblees' coming to Asulon, and decides its worth the risk. He takes a piece of parchment from his pocket, and begins to write.

"You shall find me outside the palace in Arethor"

He the takes a knife and cuts the palm of his left hand, before taking his quill and dipping it into the blood. He signs the letter with two letters, a simple 'A' followed by an 'X'. He proceeds to place the letter under the original, and continue on his way.

((MC Name is Alzaan, timezone is Australian EST))

((Didn't mean to post this, it was meant as an update...sorry. I'd appreciate if a FM could hide this.))

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved.

If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.