The Frostborn Coven

Urahra

snowflake.png

~The Frostborn Coven~

They are called Frost Witches.

Far north, in the ice land of Skjoldier, fathers tell their sons to beware the “Fjarriauga” or “Frost Witches”. Stories are told of foolish men who ventured into the deep woods, unaware of the dangers that lie there. So often, those men would come across beautiful, weeping girls, mysteriously out in the middle of the snow. Being kind men, they would pause to help, only to disappear without a trace. These are the Frost Witches men warn of, cunning beasts that were once women but who now consume the flesh and blood of young, unwary men. Stories warn of their cleverness -- how they hide behind the forms of young, lovely women -- and will lure in any man foolish enough to fall for the disguise. However, any warrior who can see past the witch's disguise may earn a quick witted friend and a powerful ally.

~Suggested Reading~

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=The_Fjarriauga

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/56254-fjarriauga-and-the-frostborn-coven/

~Requirements~

As this post might imply, we're seeking fresh blood for the Frostborn Coven. However, we have high standards for this RP group. Anyone wishing to join must:

-Be prepared to audition for the role.

-Have good standing in the community with no reports of powergaming or metagaming.

-Be prepared to write a VA for 2a, 2b, and 4.

-Be prepared to write an MA.

-Have a female character to receive the curse.

-Have good spelling and grammar.

-Be willing to devote a good amount of time to playing the character.

-Familiarize themselves with Frost Witch lore and obey it.

-Be able to RP well both independently and with the group.

Auditions are simple. You and I will simply meet up in character and chat as you would talk with anyone on the server. Because I want to keep peace among the members of the guild, I'll also consult the other members about how they feel about you.

You may also be asked to go through a small OOC interview to judge your OOC conduct.

~Structure/Guild Roster~

The Frostborn Coven is a non-traditional guild, as there is no structural ranking system. The Witches behave more like a family than a guild and, as such, all the witches are of equal ranking. The only "superior" witch is the Witch Mother. The other witches are required to obey the Witch Mother and respect her. The position of "Firstborn" daughter is also a position of respect, as the Firstborn daughter may act as a consultant to the Witch Mother and is likely to inherit the coven should misfortune befall the Witch Mother.

The current members are:

-Brunhylde, the Witch Mother (Hadlais)

-Glaewen, the Firstborn (Frosted_Petal)

-Arabella (ScarletKaiser)

-Amanda (Tyber1231)

-Siberia (AspectGC)

-Elysia (CyanPetal)

-Elysia II (HylianMuffin)

-Altariel Bloodrose (Spamshok)

-Lumia(Meguzara)

-Halibel (Cyndikate)

Honorary Members:

-Amalia (pandasrcute2)

The Coven is being expanded up from six to a possible ten members, depending on who applies.

~How Does This Work?~

If asked to become a Frost Witch, you will be required to write an MA and a VA for the above things mentioned. IC, you will be "cursed" by the Witch Mother and begin the process of RPing your transformation. A transforming Frost Witch will experience severe cold, a dropping body temperature, changing skin and hair color (exceptions for characters who dye their hair), and insatiable hunger for raw meat. The full transformation will take five OOC days to complete, which we hope will give potential witches a chance to get their various apps in order.

It is suggested that the Witch focus on getting an MA accepted first, as witches don't have access to their transforming powers until the MA is accepted.

Witches will be asked to submit their VAs and MAs for the group to critique and workshopping before posting.

If interested, please PM me or post on this thread. :)

I might be intrested...I'l have to think about it, and re-read the lore etc.

I might be intrested...I'l have to think about it, and re-read the lore etc.

-Be prepared to audition for the role.

-I am quite ready for that.

-Have good standing in the community with no reports of powergaming or metagaming.

-I think I'm not seen badly, and as far as I know I have no complaints about me, and no reports about Metagaming or Pg'ing.

-Be prepared to write a VA for 2a, 2b, and 4.

-While I am VAT, my character had a VA for 2a,2b,4 and 1 if I remember correctly, and this included cannibalism. I'l link it here so you may see it, though I won't need to make one for the changes.

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/54260-unread-altariels-va/page__p__418261__hl__altariel__fromsearch__1#entry418261

Pardon the orange, I was such a nublet~

-Be prepared to write an MA.

-Of course, I enjoy writing apps, it should not pose a problem.

-Have a female character to receive the curse.

-Yup, as you can see in the VA, she is a female, unless I don't know something about her.

-Have good spelling and grammar.

-I always have a couple words I have difficulty with, but I generally write well enough I think.

-Be willing to devote a good amount of time to playing the character.

-I am.

-Familiarize themselves with Frost Witch lore and obey it.

-I've read it a couple times know, and I'l re-read it again from time to time so as not to forget it.

I am intrested in becoming a Frost Witch. :P

[ Yes, more men eating women! :mrgreen: ]

[ Yes, more men eating women! :mrgreen: ]

[[Nuff said]]

This you must ken

From one make ten,

And two let be,

make even three,

Then rich you'll be.

Skip o'er the four!

From five and six,

The Witch's tricks,

Make seven and eight,

'Tis finished straight;

And nine is one,

And ten is none,

That is the witch's one-times-one!

Ten beds. Brunhylde strolled quietly across the ice-covered floor of the Witches' dormitory in the basement of the new Frost Tower. A dreadful nip chilled the air, but when Brunhylde exhaled, no mist drifted from her mouth. The beds where her witches -- no, her children -- rested their heads glittered with ice. Only a few of the beds remained empty, their sheets clean and free of the tiny crystals of ice that her children left wherever they slept.

Brunhylde tilted her head back, pushing a clawed hand into her snow-white hair. There was an aching inside her chest, a bitter longing she could not name. More. The word trembled in her mind like a breeze through the ice-encrusted pines that surrounded the tower. I need more. She lowered her hand, placing it over her breast. There was a hollow feeling in her chest. She could feel the scars of her battle with the giant twisting all over her torso - hair-thin cracks like those along a shattered mirror. The giant's flaming blade had ripped a gash through her body, cracking her ice-like flesh like a pick axe through a frozen pond. There was no way--no way in all the kingdoms of mortals across the land--that she would let such humiliation go without revenge.

"More witches," Brunhylde whispered to the silent, icy air. "Come to me, my newest daughters."

((Would like to welcome Spamshok, Witch #7, to the coven. And we have a potential witch #8 lined up too. <3 Poem above is a quote from "The Hexeneinmaleins" in Goethe's Faust.))

The fisherman stood on the deck of his schooner, moored in the Arethor docks. Soft grey clouds, like smooth sheet rock, hung overhead. The waters surrounding the Capitol gently nudged the hull of his boat. The waters foamed beneath the dock. A few scattered flakes of snow fluttered through the bitter air. Though the weather threatened to be foul, the fisherman wasn't about to complain. This season was a good fishing season and there were plenty of noblemen who liked to see plump, freshly caught fish on their banquet tables. It was either fish or lose out on profits. No humble fisherman would dare pass up the chance to sell his catch to noblemen, those wonderful creatures who would gladly pay inflated prices to show off delicacies on their dinner tables.

As the fisherman stooped to begin pulling in the small anchor of his schooner, he caught sight of a young woman standing on the docks. She had appeared suddenly - the fisherman could have sworn the spot was empty just a minute before. With cropped, wheat colored hair and wide, pale eyes, she struck him as somehow otherworldly. Her long, ankle length dress rippled in the chilly wind, but she didn't shiver. Her body looked soft and round, the body of a woman who had perhaps recently given birth. Perhaps that was the otherworldliness. New mothers were always inscrutable, as of they carried some knowledge of life's beginnings that men did not have.

She noticed him staring. Lifting her hand, she hailed him. "Oi! Need an extra hand?" she called, her voice bright and cheerful with just a hint of a strange accent. The fisherman paused, looking her over.

"I don't know how a woman would know anything about fishing!" he calls back. She lets out a laugh, hearty and friendly as though they were old friends.

"I know plenty! Lived on a boat most of my life," she replied, padding softly across the dock to meet him. Reaching out, she closes a slim hand around the rope ladder leading up onto the schooner's deck. "Can I come up?"

"Where's your husband?"

"Don't got one."

"So you're walking around alone, offering people your services?" The fisherman scoffed. "A woman alone, just boldly talking to men. Folks will get the wrong idea."

"I don't care what sort of idea folks get. I need money and I know boats inside and out. Can I come up?" The woman gazed up at him earnestly, her expression pleading. The fisherman shrugged his shoulders and motioned her up on board.

“I suppose I could use some help casting the nets.”

A little girl was walking along the beach, picking up sea shells when she discovered the body washed up on the sand. The bones gleamed a dull yellow, their hard exteriors coated with a thin layer of ice. Scraps of clothing – pieces of a fisher’s insulated, cable-knit sweater – clung to the corpse. The fisherman’s ship was never found, though some sailors claimed they saw a small schooner drifting out on the chill seas north of the Holy Lands. The schooner flew no colors and drifted along as though no one manned it. Some even claimed in hushed whispers that they saw ice clinging to the hulls and climbing up the main mast like ivy. That was just a rumor, though, and not many people wanted to listen to rumors.

Brunhylde remembered when she first met Bran as a young boy. He said his mother and father had ‘gone to sea’. It was a cute phrase, a way to say they were dead without baldly stating it. As the last of the original Volsungs, Brunhylde sometimes felt the sea calling to her. She often wondered what her brothers and sisters must think of her from the Afterlife. Ashamed, probably. Horrified. Faint guilt always overtook her when she thought of them. She should have protected them. She should have died with them. She should have sailed out to sea long ago.

Over time, those feelings grew numb, though. Just like the rest of her body, any emotion she felt became cold. Even the thrill of the hunt began losing its luster. Feeding became as routine as waking up and going to bed. Even Areon, the man she was supposed to love, no longer seemed to interest her. After she delivered his child – the little boy he’d begged her for since they first decided upon their relationship – she made her decision. It was time to go to sea.

Not to die, of course. That would be silly. Anything that awaited her on the other side of the veil wouldn’t be good. She was cursed. A sinner. An evil being who’d lost her human soul years ago. But there was a land, far to the north, where covens like hers gathered in massive clusters and lived in their own society, safe from hunters and zealots, able to feed as they pleased. If she was to live forever as this creature, it was time to finally meet them.

And so she set sail.

((Announcing my retirement from the Frost Witches. Cappy is going to become the new leader, so I hope everyone will direct all future inquiries to him. :)

I'm keeping Brunhylde in reserve in case I ever need to come back, but I feel like a change of leadership is in order for the new RP direction we are taking.

DAG NABBIT, GUYS. I LOVE YOU FROST WITCHES TOO MUCH. BRUN WILL BE BACK FOR 3.0))

I'm actually.. Incredibly interested in this, to be honest. For a few weeks now, I have been re-reading this thread and debating wether or not to go ahead and post here. My apologies if this is closed, or gone, but I really do show a burning interest in joining this group. (( Pardon the terrible and unintentional pun.)) I'll leave this post here, and PM you or Cappy. If you're not longer accepting, or have changed your criteria, you can inform me here or in PM's. I really am interested.

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved.

If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.