The Gilded Compass: An Adventurer's Guild

Ever

1KjiFwf.png

"Get rich and die tryin-... err, was it "get rich OR die trying?" I much prefer it that way. Can we just not mention dying? Dying would really ruin my plans for the rest of the afternoon."

The Gilded Compass is an OOC and IC guild designed to incorporate new players in player-ran events and adventurers on a weekly basis. IC, it is a group of rag-tag adventurers. OOC, it is a group of veterans, event team members, and guide team members as well as any GM or Admin that would like to participate. 

Each event will take place on Saturday, starting at [To Be Determined] and ending whenever the roleplay has finished. 

Newly accepted players will receive an in-character and out-of-character invite to the event through use of forum messaging, monk characters, and possibly some other means of communication. 

The goal of these events is to give the newer players a lasting memory about their first few days on the server while also providing them some in-character supplies so that they can continue on roleplaying without having to worry about how to acquire tools or food. 

The guild does not require mobs or items to be spawned in. The addition of these things though would be INCREDIBLY HELPFUL. Otherwise, it is up to the guild members to gather materials for the event. (Always simple materials; leather armor, torches, food, etc.)

WvcjLAc.png

"A quest? A quest! A-questing I shall go!"

Every Wednesday, the "event of the week" will update. Here you will find what items are needed, where and when the event will be taking place, how many guild members are suggested or required, and any other information that might be needed.

Treasure hunt! 

Saturday, March 30th. 5 PM EST.

nNtxvfb.png

"Who'd like to enter into this dark and scary tomb first? Any takers? ...No?"

- All Event & Guide team members are honorary members. 

- Any and all roleplayers can join in on events, there is no member list.

How would you like a big, mean, racist Scottish person with a big sword assisting you? As possibly a guard?

I'll be editing this in a bit so it has somewhat of an "IC" portion to it, please don't lock/close it ;-;

How would you like a big, mean, racist Scottish person with a big sword assisting you? As possibly a guard?

Guard, treasure hunter, whatever. It's up to you to decide on what kind of character the new players would enjoy having around most.

I'll be editing this in a bit so it has somewhat of an "IC" portion to it, please don't lock/close it ;-;

Guard, treasure hunter, whatever. It's up to you to decide on what kind of character the new players would enjoy having around most.

Methinks that they would enjoy having a massive Scotsman screaming at them, and trying to rip every elf he sees face off.

I'd like to roleplay as plot devices if possible.

Highway henchman, random wolves, etc.

Its interesting if these weekly events culminated to a storyline/mini plot, leading somewhere. Like killing all those bandits revealed a location for a treasure, where you fight a boss. Or something IDK.

Hmm. I don't suppose the older players are allowed to attend once or twice to see what it's all about?

Sure, but they need to remember the events are going to be aimed at new players. They might not be super exciting (like, don't expect any super evil bad guys flinging lightning or something) and the veterans might not be getting any treasure/loot if we do have some to pass out. 

I'd like to roleplay as plot devices if possible.

Highway henchman, random wolves, etc.

Its interesting if these weekly events culminated to a storyline/mini plot, leading somewhere. Like killing all those bandits revealed a location for a treasure, where you fight a boss. Or something IDK.

Yea, we could have some people playing as highwaymen, wolves, etc. It just won't be for this week since the event is already mostly planned. 

A spanning plotline could be neat, but I'm not sure how it'd work. Since the newbies would only participate in one or two events, they would be "leaving" mid-plot while others "join" mid-plot. 

Methinks that they would enjoy having a massive Scotsman screaming at them, and trying to rip every elf he sees face off.

Yep. I have decided I am using Ruvyn in this one too. Would be fun for everyone see our banter of my elf hating humans to death <3

I won't mind it if you use me as a plot device at some point, just be sure to pop me a tell about half an hour prior to coming just so I know you're coming along.

I won't mind it if you use me as a plot device at some point, just be sure to pop me a tell about half an hour prior to coming just so I know you're coming along.

I'll have to come up with something a bit more interesting than "C'mon kids, let's go visit Blundermore!" 

If I'm gonna show up on your (floating) doorstep with 10 newbies, I wanna have a good reason. 

"Get rich and die tryin-... err, was it "get rich OR die trying?" I much prefer it that way. Can we just not mention dying? Dying would really ruin my plans for the rest of the afternoon."

You are a great human being for coming up with this XD

I would love to be a prop device. I like the sound of the guild and would love to help. Though it would be great if you could PM me on the forums shortly before any event takes place so I could pop in.

Great adventure today, people should get behind this and support it so it'll be something even bigger and better :D