The Clerical Order

Braxis

*Mirlene shivers in her robes as she takes a deep breath remembering everything Aerin and Fengric told her*

"No Turning back..I follow the Light"

*She follows the light from his staff to the camp*

*Rethu follows Mirlene, Cerene, and The Prophet shaking and shivering in the cold of the tundra, his teeth chattering*

"I-I-It's c-c-cold, I shall take t-t-the oaths..." He says in a mumble, inhaling and then exhaling, his breath visible in the cold as he does so*

*Eries follows behind the group, sticking to the back as he continues to move.*

The Prophet's words hit Leana like a leaden weight. She stops in her tracks, mouth opening and closing aimlessly. Not once in her years of searching had she considered the possibility of having to forsake her family, her husband and any future they might have together. She had searched for so long... It couldn't end like this. But she couldn't leave her family...

Leana looks up and begins to speak.

"I... I don't think I can do this. I had... no idea what this meant giving up. My family, my husband... I want this more than anything, but I can't give them up. I'm sorry."

She looks to Cerene.

"I'm sorry Cerene, but I can't leave our family. Not like this, not so... completely."

She stands in the snow as the others pass, shaking her head at the cruel absurdity of her situation. Leana looks to the Prophet again.

"Why does this path demand such a sacrifice? What I read of the Order's tenents mentioned nothing of renouncing family and loved ones."

James stops in his footsteps as he turns to Leana before back to Braxis

"Sadly I must agree with Leana, here. I quite simply cannot give up my family, nor my lover. They helped guide me through the times in which I was down. After my wife died along with many other events in my life. Without them I would not have found the light, been guided by it."

James frowns slightly as he sighs softly. He slowly turns on his heels to face Leana once again before back to Braxis. 

"Much like Leana I would like to know why such a path makes us leave our loved ones? With this being said I know my faith and it is to join the clerical order and get closer to the patrons. So if it must be done, I shall do it."

Cerene hears Leana's speech from a few yards away. She is suddenly filled with a deep feeling of loneliness. She turns, a single tear dripping from her eye.

"Leana..."

She hurries over to her cousin and embraces her in a tight, heartfelt hug. Cerene whispers into her ear, so that no others may hear.

"Leana... tell the others... tell them I love them. Tell them that this is all for the best. Tell them that, some day, I will see them again."

She wipes her tears, sniffles a bit, and turns to walk towards the camp without a parting glance. She does not look back. Only forward. Onward.

((A little late, but smeh, don't mind this. x3))

Aeryn surveys the landscape about with a worried expression feeling she is horribly late. Seeing the group disappearing into the distance towards the camp she hugs her empty books and supplies and makes a mad dash to the group in hope to catch up.  After a decent amount of time or panting and running, Aeryn catches up and nonchalantly walks in the back in hope not to be noticed by the others as being the latest. As the journey continues and they enter the colder lands, her shivering and expression worries once more feeling as she has to deal with the cold again. After instructions from the Prophet is given, Aeryn responds with a quite nod, hugging books into her fur coat for warmth and not quite paying attention to the sadness around her as others leave, she remains with those who have as well.

*walks back to James & Leana*

"Hey, Its not what you think. You are merely leaving behind your title, not your loved ones. As a Cleric your Position in a Nation or Family Title is left behind. You'll be able to see them again, do not worry"

*she offers them a warm reassuring smile before going to catch back up with the group motioning for them to come*

*walks back to James & Leana*

"Hey, Its not what you think. You are merely leaving behind your title, not your loved ones. As a Cleric your Position in a Nation or Family Title is left behind. You'll be able to see them again, do not worry"

*she offers them a warm reassuring smile before going to catch back up with the group motioning for them to come*

The Prophet halts in his steps as James and Leana speak about to speak at the female Pupil does, the Prophet shooting her a cold, and almost lifeless glare from his helmet as he waves her off. Before he speaks

"Do no speak on matters you do not fully know, Now join the group and go to the camp or leave."

He looks to James and Leana as he speaks in an icy and emotionless tone.

"You will leave your nation and family leaving any title, surename, and any connections that would cause you to have a weakened devotion to the Order of The Clerics and our Patron Taharaei the Patron of Purity. You may still visit them time to time but it will be greatly lessened. And if they are in peril you will not be able to save them unless certian standards are met. It is a price one may pay to join the Order, I was once wedded to Princess Tara Forel. I had to leave her to do my duty along with my Son Althos Silverblade the II.  I was still allowed to visit them, and watch my son grow a bit. But I could not stay forever, and with dark times apporching you may not see them again in years. It is a choice one must make, As I have personally found out they keep you from your full potiential in the Order, and will cause you to break your Holy Oaths....And I will make sure none go through the pain, nightmares, and scars I did when I almost betrayed mine. And remeber if you join and break the oath the Patron will rip out thier blessing from your very soul..."

He taps his Warstaff twice on the ground "You have little time to deceide" as he turns and make his own way to the camp now.

James sighs softly as many thoughts run through his head. Before nodding and starting to walk towards the camp.

"Very well then."

He mutters quietly.

Cerene continues to walk purposefully to the camp, her mind made up.

Leana's heart sinks once again at the Prophet's words, barely noticing James moving to follow the group. Slowly, with tears in her eyes but perfect composure she speaks to the Prophet.

"Then I am afraid I am not worthy enough for this honour. I cannot leave my family. My husband. Eight years of searching have culminated in this moment. I wanted this more than anything. The power to heal, to save others from harm, to preserve life when there is little hope. I sought this because of the many tragedies that have befallen my family and my feelings of despair at being unable to do anything. I sought your order for the power to help my family and others. But now that I am here... I find that too much is asked of me. To forsake my family and loved ones is something that I cannot do.

Yes! I might join the order now, hiding my feelings, hoping against hope that this would be for the best... But I would not be able to hold to the oaths. I would stray and damn my self in your eyes and your Patron's. I would do it for all that makes life worth living; family, love, hope for some kinder future. To take such an oath and forsake my past life would be to forsake all that brought me to this moment. The encouragement and love of my family and husband, the deaths and hardships that have rocked my existence; the times of joy and the times of sorrow. Yes, it may be the past in some sense, but that it is not in truth. These things have shaped my future, one of life with my husband, of the children I may bear and all the joy to come from this life, one that cannot come to pass if I take this oath. Yes there will be hardship and loss and sorrow and times where I will curse myself from turning away at this moment... But if I do not... Then there is no life worth living for me. And certainly not one where I could serve your Patron and those in need to my fullest..."

Leana's voice is quivering my the end, her silent tears freezing on her cheeks. She looks back to the Prophet.

"I am truly sorry. But I feel as though you would not feel any less of me for making this decision. Farewell and thank you for giving me this choice, at least."

She turns to Cerene as her cousin makes her way onward.

"Goodbye, Cerene. I honour your decision and wish you all the luck in the world. I will tell our family and urge them not to judge you for this... In time I will make them see. I promise you. Live for the both of us, cousin."

With that, Leana leaves, disappearing into the snowfall.

*frowns hearing the Prophets words watching her leave she turns back to follow the group to the camp muttering to herself.*

"Fengric never told me it'd be like this...nor did Aerin.."

*she pushes the thoughts away and stands straight following them taking longer strides to catch up*

*maletones sighs as he watches the sky he has heard great things about the order and wishes to join them he writes on a torn piece of paper "I, Maletone am interested in healing others and helping them I am interested in your order for this reason, if you receive this I am 28 and which to see your ways-Maletone" *he whispers to his bird to return when they are found.

*Rethu continues on towards the camp with the others, humming as he does so*