A Call To Converge

Saviordude

((It's honestly not that hard... don't beat yourself up too much ^.^))

((It's happening to me  as well... it just feels wrong.))

Polgrath opens his eyes to see he has scrawled more runic nonsense upon his already self-graffited wall. Standing up wearily he gazes out at the writing. Something within him wants him to gather...convene with other magical beings... 

Shaking his head he gathers the Delvers to discuss a plan of action.

Arik, there is a difference between difficulty of translation and 'over-stylized' and 'poor attempt to sounds philosophical' lol. I know two languages and can speak to this :P Just saying, don't engrandize the text to the point of sounding silly whilst intending to sound as wise as a limerick and adage-spitting sage.

Arik, there is a difference between difficulty of translation and 'over-stylized' and 'poor attempt to sounds philosophical' lol. I know two languages and can speak to this :P Just saying, don't engrandize the text to the point of sounding silly whilst intending to sound as wise as a limerick and adage-spitting sage.

((On the contrary, the style of the text fits the situation.  How often do you get ancient messages that tell you where the relic is buried? No, you get a history of the religion and the last war of the high gods which points to a certain temple filled with undead goons that they sealed the relic in for fear of the underworld ascertaining its location.  It has to be convoluted - and is fun to puzzle out like that.  I got the meaning, more or less - and if I can do it, it shouldn't be that hard!))

((I'd like to remind you that this is an RP post. All OOC statements must be written in brackets.  ))

((I wrote them Gaius, and yes yes in some ways they sound over-complicated and such. That is intentional. I started with what the messages ACTUALLY said, and 'cryptified' each statement to such an extent that someone who knew the true meanings of them could easily see how the words indicate what is meant.

Also to the both of you who posted translations and the compilation, there are a number of substitution and duplication and deletion errors.))

Sindri travels from the Conglomerates keep for a momentary stroll along the ( ugly and hopefully soon to be burned ) wilds. He notices strange markings all over a near by wall. He then copies the strange text, to the best of his ability onto a piece of parchment. Sindri then returns to the keep with the urge to understand its meaning.

(( God damn just release the antagonist! I NEED MY LIFE BACK! but in all seriousness cant wait to see it! ))

((Also to the both of you who posted translations and the compilation, there are a number of substitution and duplication and deletion errors.))

((I noticed things sounded a bit weird on this one.  I did that at 1 in the morning, I have a good enough excuse.  I was far too tired to check it over and figured a few mistakes wouldn't be amiss :P

In other news, who needs sleep! Coffee is the savior!))

Menarra frowns deeply as she finds the new strange runes carved into the walls and grounds of Brom'Krah this time.  She quickly uses her feet to tear up the scrawlings on the ground, then proceeds to carefully extract the carved stone bricks from her town's wall, making little marks on top to signify in what order they were taken.  A couple hours later she has extracted the messages from the wall and replaced new stone bricks in their place.  She moves the extracted bricks into a crate and carries it out of the town and into the valleys beyond the walls.  Eventually, she reaches the entrance to her lair and moves within, moving to an empty expanse of wall on the far side where a pile of scrawlings sit, copies of the previous strange messages scrawled by the mages in their previous crazed states.

She begins assembling the bricks in order, piling the new messages up against the wall.  When she finishes, she takes out a lengthier scroll of paper where she has the translations written, and begins decoding the new ones below them.  She stares at all the messages and taps a sharp-nailed finger to her chin, gritting her razor sharp teeth.

"Nothing about this is any good...the magic users will bring destruction upon us, I just know it..." she mutters, looking over to the heavily worn armor suit on an armor manequin nearby, the armor on it clearly decades weathered and in need of another repair, if it could survive another.  She stands up and moves over to it, running a hand over the unique symbol on the chest, and then the name inscribed within the back plate of the armor, 'Tyret Farfor'.  "Perhaps you and yours were not so crazy, even if clearly unfocussed..." she says thoughtfully, then sighs and shakes her head, turning back towards the wall and staring at the messages again, a rare feeling of unease spreading through her.