A Call To Converge

Saviordude

rc189_obl.jpg

The magical peoples of Anthos have had mixed feelings about the strange messages they felt in the void in the past two years. Some have maddeningly pursued truth and simplicity in the riddled texts where perhaps none exist. Others have cared not, thinking that if they were meant to know then the truth would be as apparent as daylight to them. And such people are correct, though they do not know it: the truth lies right before them.

And on this day, such a fact is made apparent.

The waves come again, and every mage, druid and shaman of Anthos is again compelled to write in some manner a message:

{t, ƒ‘“ªt ñ.t:c .ø,}

[t,:ª i.û :º t, ö‘û,ª ‘ƒ t, ñ.nü]
[ºi‘ûiü t, i:øe£º .ª, ,æª.u,ô û:t t, ºüñd‘iº ‘ƒ t, ,nº,ñdi,º ‘ƒ t, ñ.nü]
[t, º:øe£º ‘ƒ n,û ç.:nº .ª, ƒ.ñ:i:.ª]

But it does not stop here. Their eyes blast out light of varying colors as bright as the sun, chaotic runes dancing around them, signifying the sum of nothing made equal to omnipotence. Where before the magical mortals were used as instruments for the waves, now they become as a full orchestra: chanting in tongues dead to time in unison though they are separated by leagues of distance.

More messages come, not merely written on paper but carved into the sides of mountains, burned into stale fog air, branded into the earth and land. The sum total of new ignorances are three:

{t, ƒ:ƒt ñ.t:c .ø,}

[t, ƒª.øñ,n£º .ª, ñ.ô, .º £‘ø,t,ª .º û.º d,ƒ‘ª,| t.£ ûe:ç :º e,]
[t, ñ.nü ç‘‘º, t,:ª ö.t| £‘ t, ª,ö,£:£:‘n .º t, º“n ª:º,º .nô ƒ.iiº ‘ª £‘ t, dª,.§:æ ‘ƒ :£| t.£ t, º“n ê.ii º£.nô º£:ii]

{t, º:xt ñ.t:c .ø,}

[t, ñ.nü d,c‘ñ, .º ‘n, .º û.º t.£ ûe:ç :º e,]

{t, º,u,nt ñ.t:c .ø,}

[.º û.º d,ƒ‘ª,| t.£ ûe:ç :º ñ.nü ñ.ô, .ø.:n]

And so their eyes fade, the chanting subsides, and the runes die in the air. Yet the wave is not gone from the magically gifted. Imprinted upon their minds is a fragment of the wave, a testament to the relative strength and source of it. Indeed, the magical people of the world suspect that their fragments, when combined with others, can be used to triangulate the source of the waves. And this is not merely limited to those with intuition: they can sense in the minds of other mages the  pieces of the wave, and they call out to be unified...

A call has been made. The magical people of Anthos must meet.

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/83005-a-wave-across-the-void/

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/84841-new-emanations-across-the-void/

Davey stands on his docks. His arms placed firmly on his hips, he observes all of the gibberish scrawled around on his walls and scenery.

He knew he'd regret hiring witches.

((In what world do you plan to get every magic user to unite in a civilized manner?....))

(( I'm certainly not working with some mushroom smoking hippy))

((In what world do you plan to get every magic user to unite in a civilized manner?....))

((Or just some at a time who carry the fragments that belong to their comrades.))

((Nor am I working with Dinner. But how does this work? Is there like a certain place all the magical people are drawn to? Or is it something that everyone has to arrange?))

Guest Guest

((Wait what... My character would unleash her army if she learned of a place where all the magic users were being called to.))

Vanir, again noting the messages which appear to be scrawled all over, eagerly begins translating them. Though he has of late been...distracted from his quest to figure out what those who came before were and why they left, the messages always excite him - and the excess of text this time promises at least some answers.

----------
The Fourth Mathic Age
Their law is the power of the many
Slowly the lights are engraved with the symbols of the ensembles of the many
The sights of new chains are familiar
---------
The Fifth Mathic Age
The fragments are made as together as was before, that which is he
The many choose their path, to the repetition as the sun rises and falls or to the breaking of it, the sun shall stand still.
---------
The Sixth Mathic Age
The many become as one as was that which is he.
----------
The Seventh Mathic Age
As was before, that which is he many made again.
----------

Vanir can, by now, read the Mathic script without needing the aid of his key. As he records it in his journal, a growing sense of unease appears within his feelings. The shortness of the sixth and seventh messages, to him, brought images of destruction and rebirth. Looking around to find himself alone, Vanir wriggles a bit to get comfortable as he examines the messages together once more. The light that shines through the hole in the roof of the light shrine mentioned earlier sinks lower as he puzzles over the meaning.

((I can actually read the text unaided, though I am slow at it... I need a life))

((I can actually read the text unaided, though I am slow at it... I need a life))

((It's honestly not that hard... don't beat yourself up too much ^.^))

Tobias crosses his arms as he watches the mages have another spasm attack.

"Well this should be interesting..." He mutters to himself as he begins to walk away again.

You all are going to have to suck it up and don't puff out your lips when I say this, but.... Whoever has been writing these 'codes' up sound uber-cliche trying to sound very enigmatic. Stop trying and just write sensible sentences please :facepalm:

You all are going to have to suck it up and don't puff out your lips when I say this, but.... Whoever has been writing these 'codes' up sound uber-cliche trying to sound very enigmatic. Stop trying and just write sensible sentences please :facepalm:

((.....That's the point.  Prophecy, ancient lore and the like when translated does not sound perfect in our language because it was written for another language.

This is a thread detailing items leading up to an ultimate RP event.  If you wish to whine about this then you can do so in the feedback section.  ))

The Druid taps his fingers intermittently against the gnarled root protruding from the ground on which he sits.  His expression is puzzled, and portrays deep thought.  He lets his mind's eye slide just north of the Grove, remembering the great wall of ice that surrounds the icy peak, and he exhales.

The Spirit Druid may have been right.  We must gather, but somebody will need to tie up the mages.

Anri, for some reason felt strange, compelled to write strange lettering that she didn't know about. She grabbed a piece of paper, and written it. As she wrote, it was as if she lost control of herself. She chanted something random, but didn't know what she was saying. What did she write? She didn't know. Her heart palpitates, her writing hand shook, and as she finished writing, she threw her pen aside and began to back away. What came over her, she didn't know.

For the time being, she slammed her door, and locked herself away in her room. Shaking, not only in fear, but in denial, and in disbelief. She was losing it, she thought. She was stressed, and needed rest.

She tries to fall asleep but couldn't. The thoughts of what she wrote swirled in her head. It wouldn't stop. She screamed, but cried. She bursted in tears hysterical, wanting those thoughts to go away.

She spent the days locked away, telling no one what happened. Forgetting what happened was easier said than done, as even she could not find the words to describe the experience.

[[i'm posting on behalf of Jistuma. This is a compilation post of all the translations so far.

Spoilered for spoilers and length.]]

The first mathic age.
That which is He made many, for the void and the emptiness below the void were His to command.
They were dust and He was as a sunbeam, defining at last their shape.
As was before, that which is He made again, with the sorrow of sunlight remaining untreated and unwelcome to the deep currents of the sea.
Such directionless is anathema to Him, who is linear.
These are to be His triumphs and His failings, many times over.

The second mathic age.
The fractions of that which is he are barred from entry.
The others have their devices of war and disunion, defining them as what they always have been, the caretakers of their fate.
They shout and plead and offer their voices to the heavens, but they are as the deep caves begging for sunlight.
The way is shut.

The third mathic age
A one tears free the blindfold of the abyss from the eyes of the parts
It is as it was
The light and lights and lighting of their shrine free their sight, that they may blind others
War and disunion again suggests itself, and the line is made as an uncountable series of points, all in conflict with their fellows
All wielding their law

The fourth Mathic age
Their law is the power of the many.
Slowly the lights are engraved with the symbols of the ensembles of the many.
The symbols of new chains are familiar.

The fifth Mathic age
The fragments are made as together as  war before, that which is we.
The many choose their path, to the repetition as the sun rises and falls or to the breaking of it, that the sun shall stand still.

The sixth mathic age
The many become as one as war that which is we.

The Seventh Mathic age
As was before.

Note: Jistuma thought "Was" in Seventh was "War". He thinks it was cooler, but I fixed it above.