Rasmot The Mad

Sultan

The_mighty_wizard_final_by_Shockbolt.jpg

-RASMOT THE MAD (Written by PtahWithin)

In the third century of the world, there lived a wizard in Aegis. He was not an ordinary wizard by any stretch of the word - no ordinary wizard would build his tower sideways off the peak of a mountain. This was the Very Leaning Tower of Rasmot the Mad, the most powerful Alterationist to have ever lived. His insanity has been credited greatly to the influence of his Druid friend.

To put it lightly, Rasmot the Mad had a different approach to magic. He spent every waking hour in his tower, writing down nonsensical words, muttering to himself and creating personal devices using his mastery of Alteration. These devices ranged from the unique to the useless to the utterly insane. At times his colleagues attempted to make use of his unnatural skill and attempt to commission certain artifacts. More often than not, however, they would receive something utterly different from what they intended to have made, due to Rasmot misunderstanding the request or inserting on a whim his own personal functions.

The world was a different time then, a time when wizards payed rent. Rasmot, despite his arcane genius was very inclined to forget to pay the landlord every now and then. Over half a century, his unpaid debts built and built until the landlord had had enough, and hired one hundred mercenaries to help him evict the mad wizard and sell his magical trinkets to pay off the debt. In order to escape this, Rasmot hurriedly placed each and every one of his creations into his Infinitely Deep Chest. Not having the time to escape himself with the chest, he translocated the chest into the void for safe keeping, intending to de-translocate it to himself when he was a safe distance away.

However, the mad wizard was not particularly adept at the now-extinct magic of Void Translocation. It was flung out into the void, drifting through the infinity of nothing. More than a thousand years later, the Chest of Rasmot by chance slipped into a crack in the veil and was at last de-translocated into the real world, on the continent of Anthos. However, such long exposure to the void caused the enchantments on the Chest of Rasmot to unravel, ejecting its contents across the land.

THE DEVICES OF RASMOT THE MAD

The Ass Irons. A pair of handcuffs that prevent the wearer from speaking. Any noises they make sounds like donkey speech.

- Degenerate Regenerator. A ring that constantly gives the wearer a feeling of euphoria, but corrodes whatever it touches slowly. (Including the wearer!)

Gloom Pebble. A grey marble eye that when squeezed, causes the user to not be able to see sunlight, and so day appears as night ((Lasts 24 hours)).

Inverse Sword. A stone sword that when drawn, attacks the user. This was a sword that Rasmot forged to deter intruders wishing to plunder his mostly useless treasures. The sword was the first thing one would see upon entering the Very Leaning Tower, and it would be labeled “THE SWORD OF HOREN.”

The Glory of Lard. A bottle filled with strange confectionary that makes the consumer morbidly obese for about three days.

Momo’s Oven Mitts.  A pair of gauntlets made of pure sandstone that absorb any kind of heat, but will release that heat back upon the wearer when taken off.  Wearing them for long amounts of time may harm or kill the wearer as they begin to meld around the wearer’s hands.  Those that wear them get an extremely hot temper, even lashing out at those around them.

Condescending Glass. A glass that refills itself with wine, and shall constantly insult you, and is near impossible  to break. This was a birthday gift Rasmot made for his divorced wife.

Mask of Mind-speaking. A mask that when worn, projects the wearer’s thoughts in a loud voice across the room the wearer is in.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

undiscovered yet.

((When you find a Item with  "[R] Itemname, approved" come to this thread or send me a message to know what it does so keep an eye out for magical artifacts entering the world of Anthos!))

(Brought to you by the Lore Team)

Is intrigued by the prospect of magical artifacts and begins writing a letter to a friend((I think now would be a good time to start working on my mage character XD))

((Its KhronosVII!))

((THERE's my magic name. Not void shifting. Thank you Ptah!))

((Oh man, I am gonna get me some of them artifacts!))

((It s time for some old fashioned artifact hoarding :3))

((how will we find these items...?))

He

spent every waking hour in his tower, writing down nonsensical words,

muttering to himself and creating personal devices using his mastery of

Alteration. These devices ranged from the unique to the useless to the

utterly insane.

((First thing I thought of was the Fork of Horripilation.))

((Who was this 'druid friend' that drove him insane? O.o))

((Blundy in his hippy days