[Idea/brainstorm] Werewolf And Vampire Brainstorming

Tristanx7

Look up The Little Sisters of Eluria. It's a short story set in Stephen King's Dark Tower mythos, and is a pretty unique take on vampires.

But the thing is, do we need another group of evil murderous things? We already have necromancers, shades, the Harbingers (at the moment), and the various raiders and bandits. I'm not against the idea so to speak, but I feel they'd be a little redundant.

But the thing is, do we need another group of evil murderous things? We already have necromancers, shades, the Harbingers (at the moment), and the various raiders and bandits. I'm not against the idea so to speak, but I feel they'd be a little redundant.

I very rarely see necromancers. At the moment shades are at a standstill, Heero himself stating that they are not seeking public attention. The only two of those that are active are the Harbringers. Yes, there are bandits. A lot of them. Too many of them. That is the entire point of having something unique like this. Having something that is immersive. More immersive than minas or die. Would the be redundant? Not at all. Redundancy stems from creating more of the same thing, I find vampirism and such things related to it almost a romantic villainy. It creates a feeling no other thing can. 

I think that vampirism, a unique take on it, serves a role in this server. I think it would fit greatly. 

Who says that they have to be evil? The werewolves are normal people 99% of the time. They just have a...condition. Vampires don't have to be evil either. Yeah, they have to drink blood, but they don't have to kill to do it..

Who says that they have to be evil? The werewolves are normal people 99% of the time. They just have a...condition. Vampires don't have to be evil either. Yeah, they have to drink blood, but they don't have to kill to do it..

Edward-Cullen-twilight-series-3897195-12

Edward-Cullen-twilight-series-3897195-12

Well, now see here!

Good Vampires that ARE NOT FREAKING TWILIGHT!

Angel

Spike

Harmony

Barnabas Collins

Bill (from Tru Blood)

The gay vampire from tru blood that Jason kills in season one

Selene from Underworld

The older brother from The Lost Boys

Conner from Angel

Mitchell from Being Human

Blade

Not to mention the countless books out there with vampires trying to live normal lives.

Good Werewolves!

Remis Lupin

kid from Teen Wolf

David Kessler (American Werewolf in London)

The werewolf (who's name escapes me) from Tru Blood that helps Sooki

Oz from Buffy

Teddy Lupin

Bill Weasley (though he never actually changes, he does have a taste for raw meat..so i count him as one)

NOT EVERY GOOD VAMPIRE HAS TO SPARKLE! That travesty of a book Twilight must burn in the pits of hell for ruining vampires and werewolves for the rest of us!

Well, now see here!

Good Vampires that ARE NOT FREAKING TWILIGHT!

Angel

Spike

Harmony

Barnabas Collins

Bill (from Tru Blood)

The gay vampire from tru blood that Jason kills in season one

Selene from Underworld

The older brother from The Lost Boys

Conner from Angel

Mitchell from Being Human

Blade

Not to mention the countless books out there with vampires trying to live normal lives.

Good Werewolves!

Remis Lupin

kid from Teen Wolf

David Kessler (American Werewolf in London)

The werewolf (who's name escapes me) from Tru Blood that helps Sooki

Oz from Buffy

Teddy Lupin

Bill Weasley (though he never actually changes, he does have a taste for raw meat..so i count him as one)

NOT EVERY GOOD VAMPIRE HAS TO SPARKLE! That travesty of a book Twilight must burn in the pits of hell for ruining vampires and werewolves for the rest of us!

While it is a fair statement to say that there has been "good" vampires written into literature, I think it is without a doubt a "Evil" curse and should be treated as such. You have to maintain a incredibly high amount of will power and face terrible strain every day to not succumb to the darkness.

But I think that's what makes it so appealing. The idea that a formerly good man, perhaps even holy, could be turned to such darkness. 

While it is a fair statement to say that there has been "good" vampires written into literature, I think it is without a doubt a "Evil" curse and should be treated as such. You have to maintain a incredibly high amount of will power and face terrible strain every day to not succumb to the darkness.

But I think that's what makes it so appealing. The idea that a formerly good man, perhaps even holy, could be turned to such darkness. 

That is part of the fun of it. It's an evil curse. You struggle daily to keep control of yourself, from biting others and doing harm. Every now and then there can even be a 'slip up'

I'd rather see more activity move into Shades/Necromancers/Dread Knights. Not see more players who have an interest in that overall umbrella group to be further divided into small subsections and have activity issues as a whole.

I'd rather see more activity move into Shades/Necromancers/Dread Knights. Not see more players who have an interest in that overall umbrella group to be further divided into small subsections and have activity issues as a whole.

Considering how limited those groups are that's kinda hard. IT also doesn't help that they are so secluded. I've never seen a necromancer, I haven't seen a shade in.. at least a year. And Dread Knights seem to do their own thing. 

The thing about vampirism, or something like it, is that you CANT just not exist. You have to be out there. You HAVE to be public because if you don't kill then you will die. It's just how it is. That's also what separates these things. 

Don't forget demons. Can't forget the demons.

As would I! I'd also like to get in on writing lore for it if it's approved

Take it back to the central idea and build it up in this universe.

One is someone who drinks fresh blood to survive.

The other is cursed to take another monstrous form under certain luna conditions.

With this info make new creatures that fit our world and don't call them vampires and werewolves. I am a big fan of old school vampires, but its too trendy to be able to escape stereotypes so safer to just not do it.

If you are a good roleplayer you could explore the idea of eating fresh blood and the psychological implications.

With this info make new creatures that fit our world and don't call them vampires and werewolves. I am a big fan of old school vampires, but its too trendy to be able to escape stereotypes so safer to just not do it.

I don't think it's impossible to escape stereotypes at all. I believe I managed to do it with my lore which is the only reason it /almost/ got accepted. I hope now that it is in a retrial it will be accepted this time around. I don't believe stereotypical vampires/werewolves serve a place in this server, but I do believe that altered versions, unique versions, do.