The undead Wall (For all races)

Djinne

OOC: Before I start, I say that construction will not begin until I have availer's permission ( I sent him a PM) So if he considers it world scarring or not fitting for the lore I am sure he will reply to me.

The wall is a NEWLY FOUNDED (lore wise too) group of men, that will have free access to wander the wall, on patrol for undead attempting to pass it. The wall will continue to be built thickness wise and length wise as long as it exists. If it hits a town it will simply stop, have a tunnel under the town, and continue on the other side.

The wall's purpose is to stop undead passing into the south unnoticed, and will have very strict regulations about who they let pass. They will not let ANY hooded or suspicious in any way people pass. This wall will require lots of dedicated builders and freeloaders. So, once it is finished, anybody will be allowed to expand on the wall's thickness (not length)

The wall will have several forts up and down of it where soldiers are assigned, and will patrol close to their fort/tower.

We will need people with LOTS Of cobble and some sand/sandstone (hidden purpose only builders will know)

To be a part of this, simply say whether you wish to be a builder, donator, soldier or ranger (Rangers go out on missions to scout undead but sometimes protect the wall too.) You may have two roles, but be sure to play both well.

Again, I have asked availers permission, if HE says no, then I will take this down (No other mods cos' I've only explained everything in depth to availer)

Also, bucket/iron donations would be appreciated.

-Jino (djinnebeta)

Application format:

Builder, Ranger, Soldier, or Donator? (May be more than one) :

Brief character history:

Crimes:

Other guilds:

Why you want to join:

In all opinion, I think it will get denied, as for what you've described a giant wall would help defend, but will weaken RP with an ugly Cobblestone wall, most likely with limited entrances and exits due to lack of guards or applicants, so I'm sorry but I don't support this.

In all opinion, I think it will get denied, as for what you've described a giant wall would help defend, but will weaken RP with an ugly Cobblestone wall, most likely with limited entrances and exits due to lack of guards or applicants, so I'm sorry but I don't support this.

The whole POINT of it is to have limited entrances and exits..

I see.. Another cobblestone hater.... Cobblestone is very useful, and just because I said I will need cobblestone does not mean it's all that it will be made of. Have faith. I know how to make things look good.

I have something I'd like to install in your wall when the gates are built. People who were in Alstion know what I'm refering to.

-__- <--- My face when I read your post.

Listen: 1. You would need tons of guards. 2. Cooblestone .__. 3. Djinne? You're not the best builder.. your bases near the unk were eyesores.

I don't like the idea.. have you ever seen in real life such Walls? Well, maybe the chinese wall or the berlin wall, however, it will ruin the landscape!

-__- <--- My face when I read your post.

Listen: 1. You would need tons of guards. 2. Cooblestone .__. 3. Djinne? You're not the best builder.. your bases near the unk were eyesores.

I don't like the idea.. have you ever seen in real life such Walls? Well, maybe the chinese wall or the berlin wall, however, it will ruin the landscape!

hehe, I know my bases at unk were terrible but that was because I wasnt trying to make them nice XD Sorry for building them btw :-/

Also, if worst comes to worst, then the other builders can design it's prettyness, (though I have some cool Ideas in mind)

Oh yeah, and, the outside layer is not gunna be cobble. The cobble is to make it thick and strong (along with sandstone)

I don't think this would work as good as you think it will. As you know the undead has spells which they can either blink in or spell their way through the walls

I don't think this would work as good as you think it will. As you know the undead has spells which they can either blink in or spell their way through the walls

Undead can't blink and I have a design that is fireball resistant.

If Al'Khazar can't me properly manned and guarded, I doubt a massive wall will be able to maintain interest. I just don't see this happening, manpowerwise. You'll be spreading yourselves thin while the Undead creep in and continue to sack entire cities.

You should see Fantasti's post about a wall similar to Hadrian's wall. It doesn't have to be large, or high, or even effective at keeping them out, and can be ruined in places, but I like the idea of having a landmark to show attempts to keep the undead from penetrating further south out of the snow biome.

Ok availer has told me it would be wiser to start construction once we push the undead back to have enough space. For now, I am open for people who wish to join.

I think the biggest problem with this project is the subtlety of some Undead. Even if there were a wall, I doubt there is much that would stop them from simply passing and conspiring within its limits. They do this in Al'Khazar all the time.

The Guard would have to be extremely prejudiced and skeptical of anyone on the other side of the gate. For proper security, you might have to treat the outside wilderness as a place of exile; anyone on the other side of the gate is either an undesirable or a guard. Nobody can pass into the outside, unless they are being exiled or a guard on patrol.

On top of that, the Undead are already on everyone's doorstep, as you said, and Aegis would have to push them back, and hold them there, for the Wall to be built. Even then, like I said, I imagine the Undead could just slink in due to just one guard's mistake, and then they would hit up the nearest basement under a shady inn and plot.

The only way for something like this to work is a full-on lock down of Inner-Aegis, and that might make a lot of people mad, unless Aegis has finally seen the tragedy of fevered dictators and curfews (even the RP wouldn't dull the sting the community would feel, I imagine).

Literally you would need 50 guards to man htis on a good day 18

but if you can pull this off ill join i supose

Yo thanks!