[Roleplay Idea] Dark Elf Vision

Baconthief

Or maybe because people want to play a dark elf that way, that's why thy live underground.

Biologically speaking, living in a dark( whether it be night or underground) environment and having dark skin gives them a higher chance of survival

Lol they have dark skin but most of them opt to have white hair...

that's kind of... counterproductive. 

I fail to see how this changes anything. There are some dark elves on the surface, there are some underground. No where does it point all darkies down the Drow like darkie, it just gives the opportunity for it or to be nocturnal, it's a chance at creativity(Drow in environment, not personality of course)

Again, weather you like it or not dark elves are living both above and below ground. I only want to draw a logical bridge between the two.

If you don't like dark elves living underground, speak to the current dark elf rpers and convince them to stop their pursuits, or wright dark elf lore.

Or, you know, play a darkie yourself instead of dictating how others should play their character type you are not part of.

I am not trying to bring back the mori or create Drow, infact I am currently playing a strictly surface darkie living with high elves who hate such primitive cave dwellers. He is very much anti mori
. If you think I am this Drow/mori wanna be or a Mrowi, that's just wrong. My previous character idolized them was all, and near his death he began to hate them. Was only using that culture to confuse hims on the answer to the mysterious origins if his own race.(Which who could blame him? Physical similarities were great)

Lol they have dark skin but most of them opt to have white hair...

that's kind of... counterproductive. 

Dark Elves prefer the environment their bodies allow them to excel in, they are not a product of said environment. Anyway, the 'adapted to environment' argument is debased the fact that Dark Elves have been around since year 0 (thus they couldn't have evolved).

Their appearance is due to their creation story, which is part Malin and part Vellulai or Metzli. As Vellulai is the Aengul of the Moon it makes sense that her creations function well in the dark.

Yes, it would be a grey haze of course with only dark blues and purples showing. Low frequency of light wouldn't be as abundant, similar to going scuba diving and losing bright warm colors within 30 ft. I'll write that down when I have access to a computer and can actually utilize the English language correctly. I'll make sure to really delve into the parameters more. Thanks @Dusk

Really what I am saying is in darker places, the pupil expands to a larger capacity to let more light in; however there still must be light present.(To justify the dark elves living underground currently)

I was cave living too P: But that was because I was hella poor in aegis and that was most economical

@freya that is actually just a myth some darkies hold. The true origins are completely unknown and I like it that way

Come now Dark Elf RPers, break it up now...

matt-barnes-fight-gif-o.gif

Hmm that's such a pretty eye though... Hey if you really want this there's always the Night Vision status effect Minecraft has baked in :D

Would be interesting to say the least, really up to the other de players and not myself.

If you did though it should be a switch of sorts and have a cool down or cast time of sorts to use, compensate for eyes adjusting

@freya that is actually just a myth some darkies hold. The true origins are completely unknown and I like it that way

It does make sense though! I mean, normal children of Malin wouldn't have dark skin and it's the most plausible I know. That is, unless it's some lesser curse or something. Mysteries are better though, I agree.

Nightvision for DarkElves would be very cool, maybe Khara'jyr too?

I think the thunder cats have it already, not 100% sure. I recall Fremma rping it once

But yeah a black skinned race of elves would do well in.....black. This doesn't have to include the underground necessarily....you could be nocturnal, which sounds quite fun tbh. Yet that doesn't mean all dark elves are nocturnal or have to live in dark areas at all, play as you want

I think the term night vision can lead to misunderstandings( as they would be more inclined to think the iconic, modern night vision where anything is visiable even small details.)Low light vision seems like a better term

I did some editing to further delve into the low-light vision, yet I am sure more will come to me soon.

no

even though I'm pretty much done here I'd still like to see people try and RP dark elves that are normal, rational characters without a fuckton of advantages and special quirks. I guess that never happens, as even as I tried RPing a well-adjusted, "normal" dark elf boy/man ended up with me playing an alcoholic psychopath with trauma-earned detachment issues, simply because everyone around him was a special snowflake who loves the sight of blood.

Guest Grey

no

even though I'm pretty much done here I'd still like to see people try and RP dark elves that are normal, rational characters without a fuckton of advantages and special quirks. I guess that never happens, as even as I tried RPing a well-adjusted, "normal" dark elf boy/man ended up with me playing an alcoholic psychopath with trauma-earned detachment issues, simply because everyone around him was a special snowflake who loves the sight of blood.

Nobody wants to play the normal guy, not in games, not in real life, we all want to be special and be noticed in our own ways, and want to make a mark somehow, it is just in the human nature to do so. Nobody wants to be normal, everyone wants to be special and noticed, even you, you may not notice it, but you do it subconciously.

no

Why can't you normal and rational living in a cave? It's already happening and to deny its occurance and restrict those people's rp is wrong. Most of the current dark elf community that is actively building and establishing lore and guides are not these special snow-flake murderers. . .and even if they have one, they usually have an alt. You can be "normal" if you redefine what normal is. If you're playing an elf as a normal person, you're playing it wrong.

In fact I find those who are not searching for dark elf lore or even following what is established are the ones who are the special snow-flakes.

Anyhow, think of the topic at hand. I find there are more faults to it than actual advantages

*A cleric blasts light into the eyes of a cave darkie, harms him greatly*

*Cave darkie struggles for his eyes to adjust to the light*

*Surface darkie carries a tourch down into the cave to see, not wanting the headaches that come with dramatic changes*

The advantage in rp is:

*DArk elf sees you coming from afar*

(Which you would see anyways through mc mechanics.)

All I want to state for lore is what is rather obvious and  honestly has been and is likely to continue to be roleplayed out.

To Freya, creation lore of the dark elves, wherever you hear it, is all speculation. There is no canon lore on their coming to existence.

Anywho...

It's balanced enough as I see it… And yes, dwarves may live in giant holds underground… but those are covered in lights. Most dark elf dwellings underground are only lit with redstone torches to allow the minimal amount of light needed to see mechanically. 

Anyhow, Charoodler.

If you are playing a Dark Elf as a regular person, save the long ears and dark skin, and long lives… then you are playing a dark elf wrong. Heck, any elf.

​An elf isn't supposed to be played as a human living their usual life… an elf's life is so much longer and thus behaviour is bound to change.

You don't like special snowflakes? Fine. But having the ability to see in the darkness properly after quite a long life underground isn't incredibly special. This especially since if it's pitch black, then no-one nor nothing can see.

This was the Mori's thing, basically. You're basically trying to turn the darkelves into a psuedo mori'quessir race.

DROW*

Fixed that for you.