Edward Chivay (Revised)

Esterlen

((Hello friendos, just putting this here in the event I do actually bring back Edward to play (If ever), since Urara's profile topic inspired me and stimulated fond memories of past times.))

"Lord Olivier and I already determined that I shall be the Master of Ships, long before you."

Edward Chivay

Nicknames: Ed, the Fat Sparrow, Lord Oaf
Race: Human (Quadroon - quarter elf.)

Description

Height: 6"2
Weight: 248 lbs
Body Type: Above average height, sightly overweight
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Light brown
Skin: Fair
Markings/Tattoos: None significant

Health: Decent

Personality:

Edward, who had at one point been considered the Chivay with the sharpest wit and greatest cunning, has evidently been greatly changed by the experience of the Exodus. Whereas during the reign of Horen V he was resentful of his position as his father's second son and callous towards almost everyone, after boarding the great carrack at Abresi he had sailed across the seas to a great desert land with his mentor, the then-aged Velwyn Ashford, formerly known as Lucien I, and since returning he has become much more merry and jovial.

While complacent, his pilgrimage having contented his wishes for a greater purpose in his life, he is also much more pleasant and amiable than he was before, jesting freely and drinking without abandon. Although he is still to a degree prideful of his lineage, and is an unperceptive braggart, he is also a kind brother and gentle lord. The malicious ambition Edward once possessed is gone, though he is prone to blunder and clumsiness in his underlying arrogance, and is still relatively greedy.

He is a tall man, standing at 6"2, with broad shoulders and an excellent sense of fashion. Edward looks as if he were once a powerful warrior and is still relatively handsome, however he has since turned to fat and possesses of a large paunch. The top of his head is bald, the light brown hair on the sides falling down in waves, and he wears a square beard peppered with grey below an oiled handlebar mustache. While he is only thirty-six years of age, he is considered prematurely frivolous and superficial akin to a doddering old woman.

Life Style

Alignment: True Neutral
Deity: The Creator
Religion: Lucienism
Alliance/Nation/Home: The Empire of Oren
Job/Class: Royal
Title(s): Imperial Prince, Master of Ships
Profession(s): N/A
Special Skill(s): He was at one point during his pilgrimage a capable knight who wielded a great-mace, however he has since become overweight. He performs oddly well in social situations, his friendly and japing demeanor winning him allies easier than scheming and plotting.
Flaw(s): Edward still retains a certain ego about himself, and is known to puff himself up with pride in matters concerning his lineage of Chivay and Hightower. He is not lack-witted, but he is also not particularly glib of speech or intelligent, being considered an 'oaf' and his mother's least favorite child. He also has a tendency to place greater importance and emphasis on smaller, petty matters.

Weaponry

Fighting Style: N/A
Trained Weapon: A great-mace in his youth, however he has become aged and overweight.
Favored Weapon: N/A
Archery: N/A

Biography

Spouse: Rose Chivay, neé de Sarkozy

Parents: Thomas Chivay and Lynesse Hightower.
Siblings: Robert Chivay and Rosalie Chivay.
Children: Edmund Chivay, Adrian Chivay, Richard Chivay
Extended Family: Peter Chivay (Uncle), Castor Chivay (Cousin), Ari Horen (First cousin, once removed), Lorin Chivay (Cousin), Lucius Blackmont (First cousin, once removed), James Hightower I (Grandfather), Kyral Hightower (Grandmother), Lancel Hightower (Uncle), Garth Hightower (Uncle), Damien Hightower (Uncle), James Hightower II (Cousin), Owyn Horen (Second cousin), William Horen (Second cousin), John Horen (Second cousin), Alicia Horen (Second cousin), Augustus Horen (Second cousin), Adrian Horen (Second cousin).
Pet(s): None.

History

Edward is no longer the cautious, acid-tongued boy he had been before the Exodus. Twenty years of serving modestly under the ever godly eye of Velwyn Ashford in the deserts of the far east, known only as the realm of Eyeran, has evidently taught him to abandon pathetic power struggles and wanton cruelty. He is not as astute or clever as he once was, but is far happier.

For a time he was a warrior, wielding the great-mace his father had gifted him to great effect, however in the past few years he has decided to simply drink, eat and be merry, returning to his Asulon with the majority of his uncle's court and hosting his lavish parties, entertaining guests by regaling stories or serving them the finest vintage he can find in his uncle's cellars. Unlike his father, his uncle and his brother, he has no significant military accomplishments, and though he has tried to use his years in the service of the exiled Imperial lordlings as evidence of his military experience, he has in truth never done anything but follow orders.

Artwork

The_Lord_Oaf_of_Highgarden.png

223 pounds for a 6'3 man is hardly overweight. It's slightly over average weight.

((slightly over average weight = still overweight?? while im by no means an expert on the matter of weight, edward is meant to just be slightly fat or overweight and not, in fact, disgustingly obese. im also not really familiar with imperial units, unfortunately))

((slightly over average weight = still overweight?? while im by no means an expert on the matter of weight, edward is meant to just be slightly fat or overweight and not, in fact, disgustingly obese. im also not really familiar with imperial units, unfortunately))

(( I figured I just thought reference might be nice. And never listen to Ellen aka Will on weight, he file away on the wind.

not now, mace !!!!!

ham planet detected 

muh curves