A Thought On Raids And Pillaging

DecoLamb

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should we salt and burn?

• Yes! For the glory of satan!
    • No! Muh pixels!

Recently as of late, with the massive wars and constant skirmishes going on, I have noticed a small theme with raids.. at least those on farmland. [These are the only ones I care enough to pay attention to.] One can pop over a fence, and roll about and stamp on the crops with no major issue, often getting a bit of rp with fellow raiders, maybe a bit if you're caught, that sort of thing..

However.. there is no lasting damage. There's so many seeds that just about every little town has an entire chest, if not multiple, of seeds. After a raid one can just trot up and replant, and all of it was undone. Really it had no effect whatsoever.

This irks me. Even if its my farm, there's such a massive plethora of wheat and bread in the server it really doesn't matter. There literally is too much food on the server. We all know this. A chest of bread can be produced in little under a day from most of the farms I see across the map.

So a passing memory slipped into my mind as I feasted upon this wonderful bacon-stuffed cheeseburger before me right now. Back when I was in Exodus.. yes I was one of the vile filfthy exodites. But do hear me out.. I noticed something they did that was actually quite pleasing to see.

Burning and salting fields.

Now.. this may have more points in it than my mind can pluck.. but there are a few that stick out;

• Offers a bit more RP for raiders
  • A broadcast done during this would allow people to come and maybe get RP too
  • A salted field cannot be used, so food supply is drained by something at last.
  • Fire, wonderful fire.

• A GM or ET member would be needed for these attacks
  • Some people will still just instant repair them
  • Burnt potatoes

On my own side I think it would be something beneficial, maybe a bit clunky here and there but overall I like to believe this would offer more for raiding than just PVP and ban reports. And I really like fire..

So.. yes. I'm going to eat my burger before it gets cold.. and I suppose its up to you all do decide if the fields should warm up..

Edit: The reason I suggest these things in this format.. is that a GM or ET would be involved and oversee it, and place a sign stating that the fields are unusable for a period of time. Say.. a week? We have so much food it could be a month and nobody would notice but meh..

A simple dated and locked sign created by said staff member on the field stating that its salted and burnt would do it, similar to the rash of signs stating when a raid has already taken place.

Edit 2: Just a heads up. I don't have a military character or a raiding character. I actually refuse to take part in them both ICly and OOCly. The most aggressive character I have just bites people in the butt. However, I still see the need for antagonism in rp and encourage it. I just don't think running up to a gate and demanding PVP is really entertaining roleplay.

I like the idea- anything to help the lack of raiding/fighting rp is good in my opinion.

I tried to do this to jadekadoa and emeriick but they just replanted their hweat :(

Do you know why the farms are always rebuilt? Because GRIEFING "roleplay" is only fun for the attackers 90% of the time.

Saying it's okay as you did combat rp with the owners is a sh#ty excuse. Again, a huge group of armored men coming along to kill farmers is fun for one side. And one side only. If meaning fun military rp was provided outside of combat for the server my views on this may change, but for now please stop wrecking crops; nobody finds it fun.

Do you know why the farms are always rebuilt? Because GRIEFING "roleplay" is only fun for the attackers 90% of the time.

Saying it's okay as you did combat rp with the owners is a sh#ty excuse. Again, a huge group of armored men coming along to kill farmers is fun for one side. And one side only. If meaning fun military rp was provided outside of combat for the server my views on this may change, but for now please stop wrecking crops; nobody finds it fun.

I actually don't raid. I'm someone who OWNS a farm and I wish to see this. I usually get slaughtered and injured and torn apart, and I make this suggestion. I have no military rp, no villan, I make no aggressive moves in rp, I am a willing victim.

I'm actually trying to create rp to lessen the spam of clicks.

Daily griefing in addition to daily PvP massacres of townsfolk.

I personally think this would be a step in the wrong direction. Making raiding more useful does nothing to discourage raiding.

It couldn't be daily, do read the full post. The fields would be unavailable for a period of time (suggested a week), unless of course something is done to repair th land, such as druids. Maybe with this implemented we can actually see some use for druids.

This could actually be done really easy if the present GM-y person can replace the top layer of dirt with soulsand or something. That way for a farmer to fix their field they have to dig up all the mud and lay dirt back down then ho it.

Pretty simple. And doesn't need world edit. Just someone in creative to bash blocks out and replace them.

Daily griefing in addition to daily PvP massacres of townsfolk.

I personally think this would be a step in the wrong direction. Making raiding more useful does nothing to discourage raiding.

This irks me. Even if its my farm, there's such a massive plethora of wheat and bread in the server it really doesn't matter. There literally is too much food on the server. We all know this. A chest of bread can be produced in little under a day from most of the farms I see across the map.

Will be fixed in Nexus.

Soon

Will be fixed in Nexus.

Soon

That's my boy!

No seriously, finish it.

I'll find you.

IRL.

So I can walk up to your doorstep.

And deliver a very scathing letter.