Raid Rule Modifications

Supremacy

"Rape RP is RP, deal with it in RP instead of putting up OOC barriers to combat it. Why would a rapist stop raping constantly if you don't satisfy his needs? Just kill the rapist IC!" We block some things because they create an undesirable server environment.

Destroying RP in cities for hours at a time creates an undesirable server environment. Same logic.

did you just compare rape to raiding your city?

says something about the results of said raids then...

What demands, out of curiosity? The last time you raided Lin'ame, you shouted a single command to fire. We've literally received no demands ever in the course of this 'war' to my knowledge.

Key words are 'last time'. I have yet to raid that cesspool of OOC drama and hate. I'm simply making the point that if you can't defend yourselves from occupation then you should try and do something in RP about it. When countries irl are occupied they don't write up a piece of paper saying you can't be here for 15 more minutes.

"Rape RP is RP, deal with it in RP instead of putting up OOC barriers to combat it. Why would a rapist stop raping constantly if you don't satisfy his needs? Just kill the rapist IC!" We block some things because they create an undesirable server environment.

Destroying RP in cities for hours at a time creates an undesirable server environment. Same logic.

You're a cheeky one aren't ya?

City occupation is RP, deal with it in RP instead of putting up OOC barriers to combat it. Why would a group stop raiding constantly if you won't meet their demands? Fight back.

They do fight back, and the people who they kill keep coming back day after day.

You think something may be wrong when the guy raiding you is a guy you killed yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that, and the day before that, and the day before that, and the day before that?

They do fight back, and the people who they kill keep coming back day after day.

You think something may be wrong when the guy raiding you is a guy you killed yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that, and the day before that, and the day before that, and the day before that?

You're doing something wrong if they continue to do this.. Or more so, you aren't doing enough if they are able to do this constantly. Raid rules are rather clear, use them to your advantage if you are being raided more than once a day. This is an RP server, mostly everything can be solved in RP.

mostly everything

No offense chap, but matters such as this have seem to have escalated to the point where it cannot be solved via RP.

The issue is that certain people perpetuate war and conflict RPly and then seek to hide behind OOC barriers when repercussions come their way.

They escalate because you called all the Azogs for being "alts", and always find some way out of a warclaim. These rules are literally written for the elves expressly. Besides, you (supremacyops), are writing this post because ONE RAID was sucessful in tahn'siol.

The issue is that certain people perpetuate war and conflict RPly and then seek to hide behind OOC barriers when repercussions come their way.

Raids are rp. The point of a raid is to disrupt the city's residents. When you make a rule to try to avoid the "breaking of rp" its literally a rule to try to take away the purpose of a raid. Raid is roleplay meant to disrupt the city which it usually does.

can we accept that maybe it's just not a crime to not want to have to deal with this server's constant flowing stream of horseshit on an otherwise fine summer day?

No offense chap, but matters such as this have seem to have escalated to the point where it cannot be solved via RP.

As said 'mostly everything', if it has truly gone to the point where raids are ever so constant for the entire point to troll elves then something should be done.. But as said by others, you can't hide behind ooc barriers when you intentionally antagonize a group so you can get raided and not get repercussions. 

Also, these raids could actually stop if people stopped and thought about why they are being raided and tried to do something about it. Y'know, like maybe participate in a peace meet instead of calling everyone worthless through text emotes :)

Couldn't agree more, Supremacy.

City occupation is RP, deal with it in RP instead of putting up OOC barriers to combat it. Why would a group stop raiding constantly if you won't meet their demands? Fight back.

There is no problem with fighting back, it's just incredibly ******* boring.  Everybody agrees that the Fringe is boring as owt, warfare especially.  Also, the fact that many tend to raid when nobody is online isn't a very helpful factor.  These raids, mind you, are driven entirely by OOC hatred and grudges and the sole goal is to destroy RP and demonize the enemy.  If we can't warclaim, then let RP happen, staff.  Nothing to gain in combat on the fringe other than another pixel tear.

Also, these raids could actually stop if people stopped and thought about why they are being raided and tried to do something about it. Y'know, like maybe participate in a peace meet instead of calling everyone worthless through text emotes :)

"give us what we want or ur not being diplomatic :)"

Sounds pretty legit.

What demands, out of curiosity? The last time you raided Lin'ame, you shouted a single command to fire. There were never any demands. We've literally received no demands ever in the course of this 'war' to my knowledge. You guys just show up to PvP, as far as I can tell.

Key words are 'last time'. I have yet to raid that cesspool of OOC drama and hate. I'm simply making the point that if you can't defend yourselves from occupation then you should try and do something in RP about it. When countries irl are occupied they don't write up a piece of paper saying you can't be here for 15 more minutes.

Still curious about those demands. You didn't answer the question and then you insulted Lin'ame, not sure who is perpetrating the drama and hate with that established, I'm genuinely trying to understand the RP behind all of this.

We accepted your war claim. We said you could war claim Haelun'or with all your allies and the high elves would bring all of theirs. DrakeHaze was the one who denied his own war claim, not me.

i.e. The orcs, for all intents and purposes, decided not to attack IC. DrakeHaze was given the choice and decided not to pursue a WC.