Raid Rule Modifications

Supremacy

Same reason other glitches haven't. Ask the minecraft dev team, not me, but are you seriously suggesting that using a boat to fall off of a cliff without taking damage makes sense?

By that logic, hitting people through lwc'ed doors should be allowed because 'it's not been removed'.

And blockjumping. Don't forget blockjumping.

There's a difference between unintended glitches from custom plugins and a mechanic that's been in Vanilla Minecraft since before MCs official release.

If it was actually a glitch, it'd be fixed by now. I'm not saying that it isn't a glitch, but we can't confirm it to be a legitimate exploit unless confirmed by Mojang. For God's sake, they just banned diagonal walls when it's actually possible MCly, and doing what ladders are supposed to do.

That is true, but in my opinion, something like the boat-exploit should be admin-approved before using it. The function of a boat is to be a boat - Anything it does that isn't boat-related should probably be done (at least on an rp-server) with a degree of caution. In this case, the Admins have, as Lego said, denied the legality of this particular exploit.

If we followed this standard, then we should ban buttons on walls. They're going against what they're intended for, which is activating redstone mechanisms. They're just there to block ladders. I'm not mad about the buttons, in fact, I call that a clever use of MC Mechanics. I call using Knockback swords to push allies over walls a clever use of mechanics.

How about we actually start abiding by the original definition of mechanical standard instead of not only punishing players for creative use of mechanics, but using "Abuse of Game Mechanics" that completely contradicts what mechanical standard is.

Cyndikate, do you actually think Mojang intended for boats to be used as aerial dropships, complete with water particle effects, that only work when you jump out of them at the last second? Seriously?

Patching bugs takes time, effort and awareness of the bug in the first place. If it's not been patched it means it isn't a serious problem for Mojang.

There's a difference between unintended glitches from custom plugins and a mechanic that's been in Vanilla Minecraft since before MCs official release.

If it was actually a glitch, it'd be fixed by now.

What's the difference between the glitches, aside from who made them? The boat glitch may not have been removed because, in normal play, it's not harmful (and actually rather amazing for drop-pods), but it's certainly not the intended purpose of the boat. Both of them are non-intended issues that we can only fix via rules.

Mojang has bigger things to do than rewrite how falling or boats work in order to help a tiny minority of MC's players. We have to fill that gap in ourselves, with rules.

Or arrows applied to boat via bow. Free armour and weapons courtesy of gravity.

When possible, yes, that's always the fun way.

Why don't people stop grasping at straws and just play the damn game like we used to? 

Don't blockjump, don't hit through doors and don't use glitches like using boats as 'gliders'. This was never even a problem before and now all of the sudden people are trying to circumvent rules and attempt everything to get what they want. 

Enjoy the game, roleplay and use your common sense. Don't act like an ******* and if somebody says they are not enjoying your RP, don't piss them off with it and keep coming back. It doesn't matter if they're not 'roleplaying' oppression, all that matters is that one party isn't having fun -and perhaps roleplaying oppression wouldn't be fun for them-

That's all this server is about in the end. It isn't about your social image on the forums (Honestly, why even give a ****?) It's not about your position of power in game (Seperate IC and OOC) and it certainly isn't about who beat who. (This isn't a circlej erk for people to feel almighty.) The whole point of this server is for people to have fun, so don't piss of people by insiting on technicalities and 'it makes sense in roleplay' because that's bull ****. Personally, I don't give a rats ass about 'it making sense in roleplay' if it isn't fun.

So just have fun and if the other party doesn't enjoy it, go have fun with someone who will.

Why don't people stop grasping at straws and just play the damn game like we used to? 

Don't blockjump, don't hit through doors and don't use glitches like using boats as 'gliders'. This was never even a problem before and now all of the sudden people are trying to circumvent rules and attempt everything to get what they want. 

Enjoy the game, roleplay and use your common sense. Don't act like an ******* and if somebody says they are not enjoying your RP, don't piss them off with it and keep coming back. It doesn't matter if they're not 'roleplaying' oppression, all that matters is that one party isn't having fun -and perhaps roleplaying oppression wouldn't be fun for them-

That's all this server is about in the end. It isn't about your social image on the forums (Honestly, why even give a ****?) It's not about your position of power in game (Seperate IC and OOC) and it certainly isn't about who beat who. (This isn't a circlej erk for people to feel almighty.) The whole point of this server is for people to have fun, so don't piss of people by insiting on technicalities and 'it makes sense in roleplay' because that's bull ****. Personally, I don't give a rats ass about 'it making sense in roleplay' if it isn't fun.

So just have fun and if the other party doesn't enjoy it, go have fun with someone who will.

Tell that to the people who antagonize other people ICly and when people fight back they'll cry. "I dun wunt thiz RP."

How about we actually start abiding by the original definition of mechanical standard instead of not only punishing players for creative use of mechanics, but using "Abuse of Game Mechanics" that completely contradicts what mechanical standard is.

[Edit] Disregard what I said about mechstand.

And are you really trying to say that glitches and exploits are 'mechanical standard'? Buttons are just one option out of many to prevent ladders (Others being half-blocks, stairs, usual outcrops). KB swords, I agree, aren't too bad. But using a boat to survive a massive fall

Mechanical Standard is a rule I wrote for lore. It essentially went that provided it mirrored the capabilities of the actual item you could RP said item as whatever you wanted within reason.

The name has since been hijacked by those pesky GMs for the rule that things that are mechanically possible but not otherwise prohibited by the server rules. Everyone conveniently omits that last part to justify bullshit.

The ruling from the powers that be is that using the boat as a glider isn't allowed. Therefore, the use of the boat as a glider isn't allowed.

I'm fairly certain Mechanical Standard was in relation to items in the first place.

And are you really trying to say that glitches and exploits are 'mechanical standard'? Buttons are just one option out of many to prevent ladders (Others being half-blocks, stairs, usual outcrops). KB swords, I agree, aren't too bad. But using a boat to survive a massive fall

No. I did not say that. I wasn't even supporting the boat glitch. I'm asking if we're sure a mechanic that's been in minecraft for 3 years is either a glitch, or just an MC mechanic.

No. I did not say that. I wasn't even supporting the boat glitch. I'm asking if we're sure a mechanic that's been in minecraft for 3 years is either a glitch, or just an MC mechanic.

It doesn't matter. It's seen by the Admins as an exploit/glitch (or something else disallowed), so if you use it on LoTC, you're exploiting a game mechanic.

And I'm saying I geniunely don't believe you actually think jumping out of a boat at the last second to survive a several hundred block fall is in there by design, which begs the question, why are you arguing that it is? What do you possibly gain from that?

For those interested, this bug appears to originate in how Minecraft handles vehicles. The vehicle moves by itself, and while in it you copy its position. The vehicle is serverside and thus when it lags the vehicle appears to leave you behind until you teleport into it, as I'm sure a lot of us have seen happen.

When you leave the vehicle, you go back to your playermodel's speed. Minecraft doesn't copy over your speed when you get out and thus your velocity is zero. You then fall from the height you got out. That means that if you get out of the boat at the last second, you don't fall very far.

If you don't get out of the boat and it hits the ground with you in it, you die. The Boat Parachute is a bug or a limitation of Minecraft's vehicle system, not a feature.

How about we actually start abiding by the original definition of mechanical standard

Lagomorphia literally invented the mechanical standard. I was sitting in LM chat while he was concocting it for the first time. If Lagomorphia says the mech standard is: Anything possible in MC that is not otherwise prohibited, I'm fairly sure he is correct.

I'm fairly certain Mechanical Standard was in relation to items in the first place.

I said trees to bypass obstacles should be allowed if it's done legitimately MC, and represented in RP

And I'm saying I geniunely don't believe you actually think jumping out of a boat at the last second to survive a several hundred block fall is in there by design, which begs the question, why are you arguing that it is? What do you possibly gain from that?