The Order Of The Flaming Rose

Stevie

THE ORDER OF THE FLAMING ROSE

NPC_Armor_Order_shield_red.png

“And from the ashes of an Order that once left these lands, we return with the Rose still on our tabards and in our hearts, only now we set fire to the petals, and bring forth a fiery retribution upon the enemies of Man and the Empire. Set fire to the Rose, and set fire to our enemies. Saint Owyn guide you, men of the Rose.”

-Robert Primus Aeldinicus Chivay, addressing the newly christened Order.

The Order of the Flaming Rose, created by Robert Chivay, has been established to act as an integral and involving force in the Imperium Tertius, its members sworn to uphold the honor and integrity of the Order above all else. Built upon the framework of the Order of the White Rose, the Flaming Rose is the White Rose’s successor, and much of its structure will be based on the old Order.

The Order acts as the personal retinue of House Chivay, and is currently based in the citadel of Kaer Angren. There, the Order recruits, trains, and prepares to destroy the enemies of Man, guided by their Patron Saint, Owyn.

To join, fill out this application and send it to an Order member:

Name:

Race:

Previous Service:

MC Name:

Are you willing to serve the Order, be a loyal subordinate, and be a pious individual, both publicly and privately?

Do you understand that as an Unoathed, your actions do not represent the Order of the Flaming Rose?

=======================================================

Ranks

SENIOR COMMAND

Grandmaster - Helton Chivay

The Grandmaster is the supreme head of the Order, whose authority is unquestionable and his word law. Held for life, the title of Grandmaster is a truly prestigious position, and the Grandmaster is expected to perform his duties to the best of his ability, always securing the interests of the Order first and foremost. A successor of the Grandmaster is chosen among the Master and Commanders, and if one is not chosen before the death of the acting Grandmaster, the most senior Master and Commander assumes the rank.

Master and Commander - Castor Sparrow, Marcel de Bretagne, Brendt Chivay

The Master and Commander is the overall commander of the Order. Under the Grand Master, he has complete command in the field. The Master and Commander may also manage specific sections of the Order and further delegate the overall management of the Order. The Master and Commander reserves a seat in the Flaming Rose Council.

Confanonier (Captain) - Richard Forrester

The Confanonier is in charge of all Enlisted and assumes indirect control when out in the field. He is their paymaster, their overall trainer, and a role model to all ranks. There is only permitted one Captain in service, and reserves a seat in the Flaming Rose Council.

HIGH COMMAND

Senior Knight

The Senior Knight has shown his ability to command, lead, and battle effectively. They are considered advisors to the Confanonier and Senior Command, and will often be given command of a detachment of Knights, whether it be during battle, occupation, or general procedures. Upon special occasion, the Senior Knights may be permitted a seat in the Flaming Rose Council. Most Senior Knights are nobles within the Empire, and share a value in its decisions.

Decurion

The Decurion is the grizzled Order soldier, proven time and time again of their dedication and devotion to the Order, by either means of battle or administration. The Decurion are usually at the center of any Order battle line, and their driving experience is able to inspire Order members all around them, pushing them to extremities. The Decurion is the highest command rank below the Senior level, and can even command Senior Knights when necessary.

DECURION SPECIALIZED RANKS

Quartermaster

The Quartermaster is tasked with the proper maintenance of all military supplies that come with being a battle-hardened Order. The Quartermaster has a level head and an eye for organization, and is the man to see for non-standard weapon or armour requisitions. The Quartermaster will also work closely with the Seneschal of the Order to help keep proper records and avoid confusion. The Quartermaster is considered a specialized Decurion, and has the same privileges as the rank entails.

Disciplinary

The Disciplinary is tasked with upholding and maintaining the highest form of discipline within the Enlisted ranks of the Order. They are the prioritized man who will issue most lashings and other disciplinary actions at the consent of a High Command or on his own accord. The Disciplinary is to be well respected within the Enlisted ranks, and will not hesitate to lay down a gauntlet of fear and organization to achieve a rank-and-file professional force. The Disciplinary is also considered a specialized Decurion, and has the same privileges as the rank entails.

LOW COMMAND

Knight

The Knight is the acting lieutenant in the field, able to command over a detachment of Enlisted with ease. The Knights are the elite soldiers of the Rose, and should be treated as such. The Knights are also personal advisors to the Senior Knights, and are able to take on a Squire for the Knight’s own personal needs, like caring for his arms and armor.

Ensign

The Ensign is a junior officer and the first opportunity to command contingents of Order soldiers. The Ensign may also be tasked with leading a specialized force of the Order, such as scouts or a vanguard. The Ensign should not consider himself superior to the Enlisted, and reports of elitism will be dealt with severely.

ENLISTED

Primus

The Primus is the elite of the Enlisted. A veteran of both peace and war, a loyal soldier, and a man of many skills and achievements. They have proven themselves as the cream of the crop, and are the model Enlisted soldier. The Primus has the choice of pursuing a Knighthood under the Order, or choose to command under the Officer wing, starting at Ensign.

Man-at-arms

The Man-at-arms are the backbone of the Order’s military forces. The Man-at-arms are instructed by the High Command, making up the main battle line, the Man-at-arms is the rank-and-file soldier of the Order, who follows orders willingly and obediently. The Man-at-arms is to respect every member of the High and Senior Command, and must refuse to contradict their orders in a public setting. If a critique is absolutely necessary, the Man-at-arms may request a private audience.

Footman

The Footman has finally taken his oaths and proven himself capable of receiving full-time training and is considered a recruit in the eyes of the Order, and will either receive official training from the High Command, or through a personal apprenticeship with a Men-at-arms or anyone in High Command. Much like the Men-at-arms, the Footman must obey and respect all command in the Order. If a critique is absolutely necessary, the Footman may request a private audience.

Unoathed

The Unoathed is an initiate in the Order, who seeks to prove himself worthy of taking official oaths and proper training. The Unoathed can be considered to be under a trial phase for possible entries, and will receive basic training to determine their worth. Unoathed are not required to take oaths, and the Unoathed is also considered not officially of the Order; their actions not the responsibility of the Flaming Rose.

Roster

Senior Command

Grandmaster

Helton Chivay (Byzabro)

Master and Commander

Castor Sparrow (sheumgal)

Marcel de Bretagne (Chaqery)

Brendt Chivay (Mingpow321)

Confanonier

Richard Forrester (Knightei)

High Command

Senior Knight

Ser Leric Tresery, the Green Rose (tdfootball6)

Ser Ocran the Old (freema5)

Ser Bran Volsung (Denboy444)

Ser Edgar Sparrow (Aetosion)

Decurion

Cantonus Chivay (Man5791)

Philly Fitzroy (PhillyLewis)

Acacius Light (Dion300)

Bruta Thersist (TgTemplar)

Low Command

Knight

Ser Thomas of Cintran, the Bold (JuicyRhino)

Ser Nelson Silsbury (vind33z)

Ser Godfrey II Horen (Varrond)

Ensign

Foltest of Aeldin (u000893)

Enlisted

Primus

Bertram Brunswick (541)

Tomas Nicodemus (12igon6)

Crix of Kaldonia (sneakyboss101)

Guy (Ustgar)

Man-at-arms

John of Highoak (DraculasNutSack)

Footman

Joseph Felder (Griff28)

Raomir Silverblade (Raomir)

Martin Winter (TapeSauce)

Francis Winter (randomgamer1)

Cam Mack (Roc__Nation)

Siegfried LaValette (Kaydovee_)

Fionn (Footman)

Unoathed

Evios Hall (cookedporkchops_)

Ser Boriv Fitzroy (yimmya)

Dain Proudmore (CaptainOriginalz)

Adam Proudmore (APG94)

Louis Esban (domfred908)

Thadeus Stafyr (Emenzi)

Boriv Fairheart (yimmya)

Dietrich Konigsberg (Dinosaurx)

Edmund (Draorem)

The Rhoswenii

The Rhoswenii are the honorary members of the Order, awarded to those who had once served the Chivays in their original and undying Order of the White Rose, either directly or indirectly. The Rhoswenii are awarded a unique signet ring that demonstrates their loyalty, courage, and devotion to the betterment of humankind. The Rhoswenii may also, upon request, join the Order for a brief time, experiencing the nature of the successor Order and fighting once again in the rose tabards of old.

56e5e640816bac2dac87c4f6b59adc38.png

The current Rhoswenii are:

Ser Jullius Amadeius, the Red Rose

Garen Hardlen

Bran Volsung

Bronn

Eric Morris

Bruta Thersist

Berinon Meletial

Troen Venta

Posthumous bestowal of the Rhoswenii title:

Peter Chivay

Thomas Chivay

Lucien Ashford

Baldir Toov

Edmond Brunswick

Zacarias Mosquera

Hadrian Fitzroy

Roland Ashford

Mathus Oftsea

Gilahad Darkbringer

Hunwald Coalmein

Arkus Farrier

Jason Clamedeus

Arjen de Sarkozy

Dagmer Volsung

Aureas Draconis

Ford Vallero

Rick Felder

Drew Velix

Arthal Lowedge

Borric Tyrus

Mordin Raloch

Gordon Appleton

Robert Elgan

Chet Silsbury

Temp Thersist

Dion Light

Lanon Chivay

Marcus Briarwood

Alexei Nicodemus

===================================================================

Religious Devotion

To promote and encourage the word of God, the Creator, religious ceremonies will be held publically every Saint’s Week in the Order’s chapel. Additionally, the Order member will be expected to:

• Attend a private session of prayer in the Order’s chapel or other place of worship.

• Perform private prayer before the Order member sleeps, and after they rise.

• Be willing to flog themselves to repent for their sins.

• Help the recognized Clergy whenever they can.

Litanies, Uplifters, and Prayers

Immortal light;

Spare us from beasts, fanged and clawed.

Living Creator;

With walls protect us – the flawed.

Omniscient Father;

Show us the true way in the dark

Immutable Maker;

Help us keep the chastity mark.

Blessed be the one God,

In His radiance we live;

And to Him our lives, we give.

In His majesty, we eagerly battle;

And in Him, victorious we settle.

Through the destruction of His enemies do we gain our salvation

Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none

A mind without purpose will wander in dark places

Ask not why, just do

An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded

Listen not to the Elf, look not upon the elf, speak not with the alien!

The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal

To withdraw in disgust is not cowardice

A good soldier obeys without question

Burn the heretic, kill the mutant, purge the unclean

Better crippled in body than corrupt in mind

For a warrior, the only crime is cowardice

Let the impure bow before our blades

Litany of War

Saint Owyn, bestow on me Your righteous fury and Your furious strength. Let me become the storm that strikes the enemy from Your sight.

Litany to Duty

Give me the strength to carry my duty through, and smite those who seek to thwart me.

Litany of Crossbow Loading

Saint Owyn, accept my gift, Swallow the light, and spit out death.

Litany of Firing

Saint Owyn, guide this bolt into the hearts of Your foes.

Order Medals

The Red Cross

The Red Cross is awarded to any member of the Order who has been wounded or killed in any action in the service of the Flaming Rose.

ae9e9bdca98409c5b30da4c3e94d3262.png

Service Medal

Awarded for prolonged service in the Flaming Rose(Approx. 2 Saint’s Weeks).

e413da25de39dd2f8ca5dd9ce0deb604.png

Imperial Service Medal

Awarded for extraordinary service to both the Order and the Empire, and who’s shown commendable loyalty to both.

8e97865a3055815d54826c84d6637043.png

Medical Achievement Medal

Awarded to those who go above and beyond to aid a fellow Order member and have proven their medical prowess.

fafa23fcf86f76b8eccaa66468344982.png

Silver Cross

Awarded to an Order member who performs to their highest ability consistently.

e390c5826b0bfb0dc4ed4caeeef0af24.png[/spoiler

The White Rose Cross

The Highest Honors awarded to a member of the Order. This medal is awarded for distinguished members who have shown the highest form of gallantry, bravery, and exceptional acts.

9759b2b340262031045b2436a297d69a.png

Combat Merit Cross

Awarded for meritorious actions in combat or times of war.

d52e90713e84f87ed6e1aa0c91eb6695.png

The Witcher of The Decterum sighs at the new competition of military order. They'll be gaining recruits quickly with their old fame.

Once again, Gawain Briarwood notices the absence of his grandfather Marcus' name from the posthumously-granted Rhoswenii list. Since he was indeed a Rose in his life, Gawain quickly writes a letter questioning the lack of Marcus Briarwood's name, sending it to the Flaming Rose.

Dion's dead head would wonder why he's not on the list of posthumous Rhoswenii, but can't because he's dead. 

Name: Theoren of the Bastard House Siege
Race: Human
Previous Service: Imperial Scribe 

Are you willing to serve the Order, be a loyal subordinate, and be a pious individual, both publicly and privately?  I solemnly swear to uphold to ideals of the order.

Do you understand that as an Unoathed, your actions do not represent the Order of the Flaming Rose? I do.

Name: Joseph Felder

Previous Service: Was in the Imperial Excirtus. but left when **** went down.

Are you willing to serve the Order, be a loyal subordinate, and be a pious individual, both publicly and privately? Aye.

Do you understand that as an Unoathed, your actions do not represent the Order of the Flaming Rose? Aye I do.

Name: Ronald Velus Shronn

Race: Human, Highlander

Previous Service: None, I wish to start my service here.

Are you willing to serve the Order, be a loyal subordinate, and be a pious individual, both publicly and privately? Yes, I will serve.

Do you understand that as an Unoathed, your actions do not represent the Order of the Flaming Rose? Of course

Name: Sylvie Marion

Race: Half-elf, Auvergenian

Previous Service: None, but I am the maid of Lord Helton Chivay. As I am experienced in herbal healing.

Are you willing to serve the Order, be a loyal subordinate, and be a pious individual, both publicly and privately? Yes

Do you understand that as an Unoathed, your actions do not represent the Order of the Flaming Rose? Yes

Name: Ser Artikus Silverblade
Race: Highlander
Previous Service: Knight on the Empire, Decanus of the Imperial Army, 2nd Regiment 

Are you willing to serve the Order, be a loyal subordinate, and be a pious individual, both publicly and privately?  I am.

Do you understand that as an Unoathed, your actions do not represent the Order of the Flaming Rose? I do.

Name: Raomir Silverblade

Previous Service: Silverblade Guard

Are you willing to serve the Order, be a loyal subordinate, and be a pious individual, both publicly and privately? Aye, I am.

Do you understand that as an Unoathed, your actions do not represent the Order of the Flaming Rose?

Aye, I do.

((Dunno about anyone else, But this highly Reminds me of Stannis Baratheon and the Lord of Light, Cool Organisation though, +1))

Name: Royfrid Abdur

Previous Service: None, I wish to help in your righteous quest however.

Are you willing to serve the Order, be a loyal subordinate, and be a pious individual, both publicly and privately? But of course, I swear loyalty and honor to the order in all aspects of my life.

Griff is accepted and promoted to Footman for past family service.

Name: Ronald Velus Shronn

Race: Human, Highlander

Previous Service: None, I wish to start my service here.

Are you willing to serve the Order, be a loyal subordinate, and be a pious individual, both publicly and privately? Yes, I will serve.

Do you understand that as an Unoathed, your actions do not represent the Order of the Flaming Rose? Of course

Accepted as Unoathed. PM me on the forums your Skype name and MC name.

Name: Sylvie Marion

Race: Half-elf, Auvergenian

Previous Service: None, but I am the maid of Lord Helton Chivay. As I am experienced in herbal healing.

Are you willing to serve the Order, be a loyal subordinate, and be a pious individual, both publicly and privately? Yes

Do you understand that as an Unoathed, your actions do not represent the Order of the Flaming Rose? Yes

Denied – The Order does not accept Half Elves.

Name: Raomir Silverblade

Previous Service: Silverblade Guard

Are you willing to serve the Order, be a loyal subordinate, and be a pious individual, both publicly and privately? Aye, I am.

Aye, I do.

Name: Royfrid Abdur
Previous Service: None, I wish to help in your righteous quest however.

Are you willing to serve the Order, be a loyal subordinate, and be a pious individual, both publicly and privately? But of course, I swear loyalty and honor to the order in all aspects of my life.

Name: Cam

Race: Farfolk

Previous Service: N/A

MC Name: Roc__Nation

Are you willing to serve the Order, be a loyal subordinate, and be a pious individual, both publicly and privately? I am.