Addition To Shade Magic

Moot

In fairness this could make some good trivial Rp. Especially if the Haunts are being used for ulterior motives...

Holy water doesn't exist or isn't really blessed, as far as I know. The removal of a Haunt should involve a Cleric and their divine abilities.

I like this idea, and have been in support of it since I first heard of it. I'm actually pretty biased to this ideas as I KNOW that I can provide good RP. I'm sure it will add more fear of shades and make more people involved in it that just shades and those they kill. Hopefully we could even have haunted houses and whatnot!

Edit: when I say haunted house, I mean an abandoned building like in those films.

Is there any way to make it a permanent effect?

Yes you can become a shade.

And yh i personally +1d this a while ago moot. But yh again, anything that means more dynamic and live RP instead of death is good in my eyes. 1 plus

My main concern would be the way I see shades RP. They're not particularly open about what they are, let alone how they work, so them implanting a mini-shade and risking a greater understanding from a random guy (and obligatory argument of meta) without actually making them a shade just doesn't seem like something they'd do. Let alone the house-haunting, for similar reasons.

It's interesting, though. If you'd actually use it idc yolo go for it

To be honest, in the metagaming aspect, it doesn't really matter anymore. A Shade is only not known as a Shade if people don't know OOCly that they're a Shade.

As for the Haunt, +1.

I like this, it would provide interesting RP!

I mean without the shade powers.

An enchanted item kept upon the person seems the easiest way.

Quick clarifyication before I support.

Shades have increased mana pool?

Shades basically have access to dark arcane evo and shielding? 

They can make things stronger than steel?

They can drain the life from anything to gain more mana/energy?

If they do these things then they are OP and they don't really need another ability.

Their mana pool is unchanged.

Yes.

Uncertain.

They drain auras to supply their mana pool with minute amounts of mana. It is hardly significant. 

If they do these things then they are OP and they don't really need another ability.

If the collective shades want to push for this lore addition I feel you guys need to crack down on the advanced attrition seen in shades and directly clarify for yourselves what you can and cannot do with your abilities.

I think what makes me get turned off by the idea of adding more shade magic is that I personally get a lot of "sort of" ('s) when asking about specific abilities. Although with the MP something like "hauntings" could be RP-ed mechanically through dark curses that I am sure are existent in the plugin.

EDIT. Basically what I am saying is shades need to choose if they want attrition and support abilities like the lore said it was for or if they want a strong offensive magic. Right now it seems you guys want both.

If the collective shades want to push for this lore addition I feel you guys need to crack down on the advanced attrition seen in shades and directly clarify for yourselves what you can and cannot do with your abilities.

I think what makes me get turned off by the idea of adding more shade magic is that I personally get a lot of "sort of" ('s) when asking about specific abilities. Although with the MP something like "hauntings" could be RP-ed mechanically through dark curses that I am sure are existent in the plugin.

EDIT. Basically what I am saying is shades need to choose if they want attrition and support abilities like the lore said it was for or if they want a strong offensive magic. Right now it seems you guys want both.

I believe most of what can and can not be done with Shade has been clarified in the latest... clarification. I guess.

It is very, very specifically stated that you can make an "arms worth" of steel, or one weapon, essentially.

A Shade doesn't effect ones Mana pool. Aside from mixing of magics, but frankly that's mainly aesthetics.

It's a little different then Arcane Evo.

They can make this tainted aura as hard as steel, however it'd have to be so close you'd be making a sword.

No, the do not drain mana, or lifeforce. Their tainted aura is naturally cannibalistic, and this consumes aura in the air. However, unless a large amount is distributed, it'll not be a large factor.

I also believe you're missing the point of this new ability. You may have noticed, Shade magic is mainly capable of killing and harming. This addition is to spice it up, to add an alternative to murdering those they meet. And if you think Shades are OP, do note what has been stripped from them-

Bodyswapping, Kraken Tendril, Shade Fire (The kind which would eat peoples souls or whatever nonesense that was). Honestly, Shades were hugely nerfed (Rightly so) when they returned. Is it so much to ask for a single spell that doesn't involve killing someone?