Arcane Prosthetics - An Extension Of Arcane Puppetry

hex37

Weeeeeeell, back in Tahn'siol (Anthos Haelun'or), a high elf named Silvos invented acid and lost both of his hands, he later replaced them with some sort of silver-hands which he used telekineses to use and even transmutation then he felt like doing a big show.

That's an argument for Arcane Puppetry Lore, which has already been accepted as a magic subtype, and easily manipulates an /entire porcelain body/ with telekinesis from miles and miles away, instead of using just a hand.

The dwarves have been handing out runic limbs for free on people who are disabled without limbs. When I gain the capacity as a runesmith, any people who approach me with such issues I will simply bring back to good health with the means I have.It seems that you are trying to do something other magics can do that make the slightly unique. There is no exclusivity to a runic arm. Dwarves /will/ give it to you. You simply have to ask. There are also druidic mechanisms to gain artificial limbs. 

As well as this, according to the arcane puppetry lore, would you not also have to lose function in your other arm to act upon this one, considering you would have lost sense for your original arm in doing so?

I actually encountered you doing this before, your use of a eye before hand left people shooting LASERS at me with their arcane puppetry eyes embedded in their skulls that were enchanted. In reality, other magics can do this, they are inclusive in providing them to people and I don't think its necessary, and kind of drags away roleplay from other factions.

There is also the case of people able to in some way power game this, in a multitude of manners, or blatantly abuse it. In these cases again, I don't want to see a thousand people running around with fake arms shooting darts out of them.

LASERS

Alright, first off, I'm not responsible for how people misuse enchantments. You know that damn well.

Second, If you don't want people to copy the special things you can do with your knockoff enchanting magic, don't put it in a hidden lore document. Actually, that's not even my main problem- the reality is, I don't care if you can make arms with runesmithing. I'm going to do it with arcane magic too.

Hopefully, one day, a person will do it with just redstone.

well not ALL magic is free. But soul puppetry is. 

Soul puppetry is now lacked.

The dwarves have been handing out runic limbs for free on people who are disabled without limbs. When I gain the capacity as a runesmith, any people who approach me with such issues I will simply bring back to good health with the means I have.It seems that you are trying to do something other magics can do that make the slightly unique. There is no exclusivity to a runic arm. Dwarves /will/ give it to you. You simply have to ask. There are also druidic mechanisms to gain artificial limbs. 

As well as this, according to the arcane puppetry lore, would you not also have to lose function in your other arm to act upon this one, considering you would have lost sense for your original arm in doing so?

I actually encountered you doing this before, your use of a eye before hand left people shooting LASERS at me with their arcane puppetry eyes embedded in their skulls that were enchanted. In reality, other magics can do this, they are inclusive in providing them to people and I don't think its necessary, and kind of drags away roleplay from other factions.

Agreed with Lima on this one, this seems to just be something you want to add to advance your own roleplay and increase what you can do both IC and OOC. You're a good dude Hex, but your RP isn't for others. Also! It doesn't matter if the magic is free, going about and actually learning/finding a source of learning is still pushed. It may not be entirely necessary, but it should be done nonetheless.

Because making arms for other people is somehow only increasing RP for me... Very logical.

In the spirit of lightheartedness and because Im a jolly good fellow, Ill ask this silly question...

Can this aid a victim of castration, please say yes.

Can this aid a victim of castration, please say yes.

Ever hear of a strapon

Ever hear of a strapon

Yeah, but I want my prosthetic part to glow like arcane energy!

Alright, I've had my fun. Carry on.

Something that's questionable regarding this prosthetic, and the regular puppets- How're these things fueled? You said they're powered by enchantments, yet they lack a mana gem.

Something that's questionable regarding this prosthetic, and the regular puppets- How're these things fueled? You said they're powered by enchantments, yet they lack a mana gem.

For both of the magics: The soul-puppetry link from the soul to the object is what powers it.

Edit: Also I checked with Jistuma: Mana Gems are not required to enchant- They're just better at holding mana than most things.

Powergamers can already use ostensibly runic limbs made of iron or more durable materials. What's the worst this could do?

+1

Soul Puppetry sounds like Golemancy to my ears.

This sounds like partial golemancy pertaining to a prosthetic limb construct.

You may have to give your arm/leg commands.

Or it may have a bit of its own will.

But I find the ideas similar.

Still interesting as is though.

For both of the magics: The soul-puppetry link from the soul to the object is what powers it.

Edit: Also I checked with Jistuma: Mana Gems are not required to enchant- They're just better at holding mana than most things.

Mana gems are required to reliably fuel an enchantment with mana.

Soul Puppetry sounds like Golemancy to my ears.

This sounds like partial golemancy pertaining to a prosthetic limb construct.

You may have to give your arm/leg commands.

Or it may have a bit of its own will.

But I find the ideas similar.

Still interesting as is though.

Golemancy and Arcane Puppetry /are/ similar magics. They may not be the same in form, but the function of the two are practically identical.

The biggest difference is that puppetry sacrifices the durability and power of golems for total control. Conversely, a partial puppetry hand would never be as strong as a partial golem hand, but you would have very fine control over it.

Mana gems are required to reliably fuel an enchantment with mana.

From 20 mins ago:

e8ed807301a5041328747c490e756ac5.png

Don't know what else to say- take it up with him.