Arcane Prosthetics - An Extension Of Arcane Puppetry

hex37

Don't really see the point. Limbs can be re-grown through a few magics, and even if you can't get anyone with those magics there are already a couple of ways to do what you're proposing, except with a different material: runesmithing and I believe alteration. Basically I'm saying it's almost definitely not needed and it's giving powers that already exist in other people and magics.

Alteration cannot make new arms. Neither can any healing magic besides really, really difficult clerical magic.

The people always had the option of approaching the dwarves. And for reference, we cannot give you a superior runic arm, mech standard which is still in effect dictates that.

the only way they would approach a dwarf is if they meta gamed your own secret lore.

This again, is a runesmiths thing, I have already covered the fact that if you want a fake arm you may have one just come chat us up and show us your broken arm and we will be all like. "We can't leave Yemekars creation broken!"

also, I'm sorry but, you're honestly speaking like its impossible for a runesmith making pure iron arms can't give people OP abilities. Runesmiths can pg just like anyone else., and considering IRON ARMS seem to be doing so already. Whether or not you have some secret, sequestered document, it breaks mech standard anyways.

Overall, I'll say this- rune smithing was never originally intended to do arms, and in product it makes an unrealistic prosthetic that should literally be more unweightly than useful. Claiming that your flawed lore of iron arms is the end all, be all of prosthetics is just close-minded. Instead of making such a fuss about "all your rp being stolen away," why don't you solve it in rp, or even make the specialties of your sequestered magic (still only 2-3 users after a whole year of time to grow) more public?

No answer to that?

How am I supposed to? The lore is secret. I cannot state differences in a lore I literally am not allowed to know anything of.

Considering I wrote it, I can safely say it was. I literally had to write this seperate when the lms asked me to elaborate further on it before doing it in rp.

Then why go to all the effort of doing it separately? Why not have added creation of limbs to the original lore?

Anyway, like I said. It simply isn't necessary. There is already at least two magics that can either substitute a new limb or plainly re-grow it. There's no need, and I do believe that LMs don't really do lore additions that do the same thing that other magics do.

Also an iron arm is as much a property of a person as magic ability is. Doesn't make it PG just because it offers a combat advantage in some cases, as many other things in LoTC do.

It was in the original lore, which literally allows for it within its own rules, but never states it outright. I was asked to write more defining it clearly.

Also an iron arm is as much a property of a person as magic ability is. Doesn't make it PG just because it offers a combat advantage in some cases, as many other things in LoTC do.

I was pointing out Lima's hypocracy in saying that my lore would be power gamed.

Anyway, like I said. It simply isn't necessary. There is already at least two magics that can either substitute a new limb or plainly re-grow it. There's no need, and I do believe that LMs don't really do lore additions that do the same thing that other magics do.

So, we should get rid of monk magic and Druidic healing because clerics can heal anyways? Must make those magics totally unnecessary.

For reference, we can not make you a iron arm, if its anything its stone with coiling inside it.

woldwrath+right+arm+runes+wash.jpg

Thats basically what a runic arm looks like un-attached to someone. Its clunky, provides a small IC advantage but is slow. Even if you make a light weight one, designed to be like a normal humans arm, it will end up being slightly weaker than a normal arm.

the only way they would approach a dwarf is if they meta gamed your own secret lore.

Its no secret we make arms for people. Your character new Lake, Lake from the conclave, he had a runic leg because his old one was chopped of by a harbringer and he RP'ed having no leg for a OOC week. It was hilarious.

The reality is, everyone can, and should know dwarves create runic limbs for people. If you want me to make some forums posts about how we will do it, fine.

I've honestly never heard of Lake.

Many of the arguments of powergaming can honestly be placed upon the player, hex isn't in charge of someone powergaming and the lore doesn't ask for it.

As for the Runic arm not powergaming, having an artifical limb that can take a blow and not be as painful as a real arm is an advantage in some parts. Hex is not asking for a lever here or a switch there to make auto mail crossbow or Mega Buster. 

There are so many magic's that do something similar to another, enchanting is like runesmithing

Xan magic is like Cleric magic,

In real life there are so many types of the 'same thing' from phones (iPhone, Galaxy, DROOOID), that people would fight to the death of how different or open it is. The runic arm being offered by drawrfs is only one of many answers, would it TRULY kill RP if this was implemented, this is a server for fun and creativity. The lore is sound and perhaps it'd be nice to see where the PLAYERS want to go. 

I didn't even know drawfs would do something like this till this thread, this thread is an open invite to people who want a slightly different answer

I think it's well written and has my vote. 

What is arcane puppetry? Sounds like a vague, Voidal version of soul puppetry.

If there's an abundant amount of magic types that are capable of doing this exact same thing, there's no need for another variant, and acting like a child and crying about a legitimized magic's lack of public documentation does not bolster your argument.

Arcane Puppetry was written by Hex as a 'sub' class that you need Soul Puppetry to use. It gives you the ability to have a puppet no larger or stronger then your mortal body mostly made of wood to be controlled and go places where the caster could but if attacked go unharmed. Essentially.

"Its down to the player, not Hex's fault."

Thats like my supplying a boat load of Chinese revolutionaries military equipment and going "Oh its not my fault a civil war erupted!"

The reality is that the magic enables a large degree of PG. Dwarven arms do feel stuff, they are stone, they are clunky, they are not a advantage and they have slower reactions. And most importantly, they can not be modified in any manner to house weapons inside them.

Your lore fully allows someone to do that. You are enabling them to do so.

Just because certain things can be done in multiple manners, does not mean everything should be done in as many ways as you can imagine. There are two clerics for two seperate gods under two seperate dogma's. They are functionally different because you have to roleplay them different.

What you propose is a functionally identical object to a runic arm, does everything we do and are just saying "I want to do it too."

Last time Hex I encountered your emerald eyes, they shot freaking lasers at me. The concept is bust, if people want artificial limbs, they can find some of the more peculiar magics on the server, if everything can be done by void-arcane means then what is the point of having other magics.

The reality is that the magic enables a large degree of PG. Dwarven arms do feel stuff, they are stone, they are clunky, they are not a advantage and they have slower reactions. And most importantly, they can not be modified in any manner to house weapons inside them.

Golems are all those things too- and they're still OP. Calling your "stone shields that are also arms" unabusable is extremely short sighted.

Last time Hex I encountered your emerald eyes, they shot freaking lasers at me. The concept is bust, if people want artificial limbs, they can find some of the more peculiar magics on the server, if everything can be done by void-arcane means then what is the point of having other magics.

Yeah I heard you the first ten times, you had a bad experince because of JCMarine, not me. As far as I can tell that person has been banned or left the server. And, for final time, trying the pin the blame for that on me is still stupid.

No, in fact, I know that you don't really care about this at all. You could care less about possible implications. If I changed them, which I can, I know you would find something else to complain about. I honestly believe that all you really care about is keeping fake limbs for yourself,

But you know, I'll give you a chance to prove me wrong. I just changed the lore to state that nothing can be inside the arms. This OK with you now, or are you gonna think up something else?

Arcane Puppetry was written by Hex as a 'sub' class that you need Soul Puppetry to use. It gives you the ability to have a puppet no larger or stronger then your mortal body mostly made of wood to be controlled and go places where the caster could but if attacked go unharmed. Essentially.

It's actually porcelain now. Wood didn't fit Mech-Standard because it floated in water.

UPDATE: I just got off with dizzy, regarding runic limbs.

2123bbed41327d8cc3212b3a98a9f83a.png

be196277432ea7f83b929f6900d48c13.png

Basically, as far as I can tell, there is no lore, secret or otherwise, for Runic arms- however it's been generally accepted to exist, and according to Dizzy was first allowed by Lago.