Pigmen Lore

Jistuma

Why do the pigmen need to exist and be playable? Why? Because one person on the forums asked for the ability? This seems unnecessary and does not fit within the world of lore that has thusly been sculpted over our 3 years.

Why do the pigmen need to exist and be playable? Why? Because one person on the forums asked for the ability? This seems unnecessary and does not fit within the world of lore that has thusly been sculpted over our 3 years.

Because they exist in the realm of LOTC, and one is even played. I decided to write the lore, because I wanted to, just as I wanted to write all others lores that I have before. If it's accepted or denied, so be it, the other LMs will give their opinions and make their vote.

I believe the lore explanation has already been provided, seeing how pigmen are one of the most spawned creatures as undead "minions" I think it actually makes sense.

Because they exist in the realm of LOTC, and one is even played. I decided to write the lore, because I wanted to, just as I wanted to write all others lores that I have before. If it's accepted or denied, so be it, the other LMs will give their opinions and make their vote.

Is it played by an ET?

Because from what I understand, you're not allowed to play as anything but the accepted races

Is it played by an ET?

Because from what I understand, you're not allowed to play as anything but the accepted races

played by Pourkor, not ET, accepted to play him since Aegis time.

Thank you Jistuma, you just ruined my view of Minecraft entirely.

There's a book from Aegis that talks about the corruption of the pigmen who were the original inhabitants of the Nether before it became all fiery under Iblees' corruption. I had always assumed that (like many things from that blissful time) because it was the first word on the subject it became canon.

So because one person was 'accepted' to play something in a time when the server's lore wasn't as defined and we had not even half the moderation we have now, everybody needs the right to play the same creature that has no lore or reason for existence prior? Why not just get the player to stop, because the idea of bipedal pigmen who just oink seems to pretty much stick out like a very sore thumb from the rest of the server's atmosphere.

Please don't. We don't need to explain every non immersive and childish aspect of minecraft with lore.

Please this. Leave it open to interpretation!

So because one person was 'accepted' to play something in a time when the server's lore wasn't as defined and we had not even half the moderation we have now, everybody needs the right to play the same creature that has no lore or reason for existence prior? Why not just get the player to stop, because the idea of bipedal pigmen who just oink seems to pretty much stick out like a very sore thumb from the rest of the server's atmosphere.

Asside from you sugesting to say to a player "Hey, I know you've been playing this character for 3 years, but now you have to stop, he's no longer allowed, even though you've broken no rules by playing him", no the lore doesn't have to exist, nor do pigmen, nor does everyone need the right to play it.

Yet I made the lore because I wanted to. If it gets accepted, players will be able to play pigmen, if it gets denied, only Pourkor will be able to continue. I saw the player wanting to play a pigmen, and then read his lore, and looked at the oportunity to create lore for something that exists in LOTC but has no lore, got the idea, and wrote it. I've written lore for more useless stuff than this, and did it because I wanted to. Just check the links in my signature, a lore for a plant, a lore for geology, a potion for hair grow, and one for glue, I like writing them, it's the type of lore I like writing the most. I've written lore I knew would get denied but I still wrote it because I wanted to.

For this lore I see a 50/50 chance of it being accepted, some LMs see a problem with it, some see it as good fun. I believe it falls most to the denied side, but we shall see. Yet I liked writing the lore and that is why I posted it, and would, even if I knew it would get denied, or if it had no use for the server.

This lore has been taken to a Lore master vote and has been denied.