Remove The Useless

TavernLich

If nothing else, I aim to make folks laugh and have a great time!

Thats my job Gaius... 

dont worry if gaius goes missing guis totally normal

There, a list of some obvious things (atleast to me) that need to be changed have been added.

Sorry I must disagree with you bruh, keep these locked

We should allow people to work for locked magic types, and base the criteria for obtaining them off of RP access, not OOC consent. Perhaps a seedy individual looking to learn Necromancy could kidnap and torture a necromancer into giving away his/her secrets, or a thief could steal a Runesmith's book collection. There needs to be a boundary but it should be an In-character one.

Most of these listed are active in some form, we're just not so privy to the knowledge that they are, and weather it is inactivity or secrecy. Now most things listed here are under a banner called the 'Covenant'. A group dedicated to the unification of these type of groups. Its an attempt to keep them active. So we're hoping in the relative future to have most of these groups up and running.

-Frost Witches

I'll agree with you, Frost Witches as it stands are on the boarder between none existent and existent. But you must understand, its not a matter of being a 'special snowflake' rather more the players having IRL problems, so I've heard. Anyway I'll attempt to bring it up with the group.

-Shades

Now I've heard the opposite complaint about Shades, but I can understand where your coming from. The Shades as individuals don't share the information that they're shades, you've probably seen allot more than you think, you just wouldn't think the individual is a shade.

We should allow people to work for locked magic types, and base the criteria for obtaining them off of RP access, not OOC consent. Perhaps a seedy individual looking to learn Necromancy could kidnap and torture a necromancer into giving away his/her secrets, or a thief could steal a Runesmith's book collection. There needs to be a boundary but it should be an In-character one. 

I absolutely agree, and that's how most of it is handled. Their are very few situations were OOC is brought into the equation, its sometimes a necessary evil.

I thought you wanted to play interesting creatures, instead seems you only want dark magics unlocked.

But... Frost witches and Shades need to be created IC, that is part of their lore and it won't change. If there is one Frost Witch, then there is one Frost Witch. Until she finds another woman to curse she will be only one. And I don't know what you are expecting of Frost Witch covens, every Frost Witch is in illusion hiding all the time, unless just before they eat men. As for Shades, there are so many of them... IC I know of 5 at least, and these ones don't actually stay in a group, they divide quite easily.

For Puppetry, I don't really know if it's locked or not.

As for Contract Magic, as owner and writer of the lore I can tell you the magic is not locked, anyone may learn it IF they come to me with a reasonable way for them to learn the magic. If they learnt it from a random Tome, I want that tome written IG. But the main problem with contract magic is the fact it doesn't fit with almost no character. Heck, I used to have 9 students IG, they all pretty much left, all but 2-3. It didn't fit their characters.

Pssh, @ Jistuma: I don't necessarily want the dark magics unlocked, but I want something done about their activity and contribution to the RP of others. This means I want a them, the staff or whatever to start making them more active, because, like I said, keeping something locked or hard to get to and having very few playing it is just anyway for people to be special snowflakes and does nothing to improve the RP of people.

I think that this is pointing towards what may be a problem that accents the points of your post. Dark magic users should not end up as Undead. If you take away the few of them that are there and suck them into the larger body of our antagonist, then the individual experiences that they do bring are completely overshadowed.

As a side note, just because there is a list of these magic types doesn't necessarily mean that they should all be in the game. Frost Witches were very big for a time, just like the mori'quesser, but eventually most of them got killed off and they aren't really around anymore. Sometimes it is fine for a creature or magic type to just die out.

Soul Puppetry is teacher locked so that you can only learn it from someone who knows how to roleplay it right. Just like Contract Magic. Who is out there who knows Soul Puppetry though, I have no idea.

Contract Magic shouldn't really be considered a "dark magic" but where the heck else do you put it?

Perhaps what we have is simply a lack of communication. While there may be /some/ creatures that are locked unjustly, I would think as others have mentioned that some creatures/magic are locked to prevent misuse, widespread use, and misunderstanding.

I'd suggest a beastiary of sorts be created by the LM team, "Sorry for creating work for you, but you lot are the best for the job." Attached to the list could be general descriptions for each creature, more advanced information for those creatures which are more common. Aka Dire Bears, Wraths, Ghosts, ect.....

I'd also like to see which ones are openly playable, and which ones require special permission, and who may be contacted to learn more information oocly.

Thanks,

-Dom

Perhaps what we have is simply a lack of communication. While there may be /some/ creatures that are locked unjustly, I would think as others have mentioned that some creatures/magic are locked to prevent misuse, widespread use, and misunderstanding.

I'd suggest a beastiary of sorts be created by the LM team, "Sorry for creating work for you, but you lot are the best for the job." Attached to the list could be general descriptions for each creature, more advanced information for those creatures which are more common. Aka Dire Bears, Wraths, Ghosts, ect.....

I'd also like to see which ones are openly playable, and which ones require special permission, and who may be contacted to learn more information oocly.

Thanks,

-Dom

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/108261-lore-list/

Playable creatures are creatures that can be played by players. To know what to do to play one either read the last posts of the lore, and if nothing is said on how to chose to play them, contact the person who wrote the lore.

Just like to note that there are many Shades and Necromancers running around the place. They just don't say it, and for good reason. Don't assume that a certain magic is not being used or not active simply from your observations. Ask others first, and perhaps you will find out more.

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/108261-lore-list/

Playable creatures are creatures that can be played by players. To know what to do to play one either read the last posts of the lore, and if nothing is said on how to chose to play them, contact the person who wrote the lore.

Please add Dread Knights to that list. Any of our guild posts, or my guide on the matter, can be used if you like.

[Denied]

Unfortunately this was never addressed when relevant, so for the time being it's going to denied. However if you still feel strongly, re-posting it will allow our new, speedy team to consider it!