Creator Magic [Redone]

Eddywilson2

Foreword

Thanks for all the feedback on the previous thread. A huge thanks to Elindor who basically fleshed out the idea from nothing and made it possible.

Lore

The Daemon Caharee wields the destruction of mortal flesh. If such ambition ever drove him, he could empty a city within minutes. However such temptations have never arisen. For his power over man may be great, yet he considers himself to be a god. Instead of scaring the mortals into worshipping him, as so many have done, he desires them to choose to worship him. And so, taking on the identity as The Creator who wove all life into existence, Caharee grooms his followers into devout followers whose worship is not hindered or shaped by fear, but instead in choice. And so, behind the closed doors of Holy chapels, he allows the most noble, holy and upstanding within the church to grasp a slither of his power.

The power to destroy mortal flesh comes in the form of an amber glow. The intensity of colour will change with the severity of its power, so a light soft beam of white will do nothing to the body, while a more tinted yellow may burn at flesh, and a rich red orange eats away at bone. Caharee's power is ample to destroy a mortal man within a few seconds; however, to put such power in the hands of a mortal man would likewise destroy its user. The magical energy that can be wielded by Caharee's clergy is limited by them, the caster. So the differentiation between emotion, skin, blood, or bone must be made for the clergyman's own safety. This is considered to be the untouchable Holiness of The Creator.

Because Caharee desires to be recognized as The Creator, his powers are not used for the evil that might instantly be dreamed up. He is, after all, posing as a being that created life, and he has no intention of blowing that cover by sowing destruction upon the mortals. In fact, he is so very interested in the acts of his followers that he grants them his power on a case-by-case basis when asked for. If the power sought for is to sear the skin, the clergyman will ask The Creator to appear in His holy presence that is more than our body's can withstand to be around. (A book detailing what to ask will be made. Possibly in another language similar to the dark language). If it pleases him to grant, then from the clergyman's hand will extend a ray of light with the specific intention called for.

Conviction

The lightest in saturation, this beam will bring upon its victim a fearful realisation of their own mortality. Similar to that "life flashing before your eyes" moment, the victim will feel as though death is very near for them. Swelling within them are emotions of great anguish for their wrongdoings. This is of great use for the clergymen of the church, as nothing brings forth genuine confession like the assurance of impending death.

Restoration

Infections, fevers or sickness can be eradicated. By asking for the appropriate form of destruction, whether in blood, muscle or organ, the infections are literally evaporated. However any cells that the foreign organisms have attached to are also lost in the process.

Other use of such power can be wielded for healing, such as searing open wounds closed as well as curing dark taints inside one's body.

Retribution

The Creator's wrath is upon those who do great evil and seek to ruin all that He has created. When facing such evils Caharee may work through the clergyman towards the more obvious outcome of burning away flesh, blood or bone. It must be noted that the beams are extending from the clergyman's hand, and so continual exposure becomes harmful to the user.

Caharee desires faithful devotion from his followers. Any tremor of faith is unacceptable, so to be sure of a clergyman's commitment he desires of them to undertake a religious ceremony.

--Ceremony is a WIP--

Once proving their commitment Caharee will lend his ear to their requests. But their mortal hands cannot bare to contain his power. So a resistance is required. When alone in solemn prayer with hands raised, Caharee puts within a clergyman's palms the ability to resist the destruction. It burns the inside of their hands, leaving the unmistakable smell of cooking flesh, while the skin of their hands remains relatively unmarked. But meeting with The Creator is ever rewarding, and any devout follower would know that a small sacrifice is required as a test of faith.

This resistance is temporal, as the hands will regenerate themselves over time. Daily prayer is an expectation in order to keep the side effects from marring the caster. The longer one sticks at prayer before Caharee the higher their threshold will grow. So rather than getting better at the magic over time, the clergyman instead grow more resistant to its effect on themselves.

~ After a week of prayer a clergyman would feel half of the effect upon their victim.

~ After a month of daily prayer a clergyman would feel the effect upon themselves after a a few seconds.

~ With a year of solemn and diligent prayer a clergyman could kill a man and only wear 1st- 2nd degree burns upon their hands.

It seems to do too mix, it heals eradicates "evil" and etc. Also, I don't understand, does the cleric need to have eye contact with the victim's affected area? Because you say they destroy flesh, if they can just destroy flesh, even with a limited version of their diety's power what's to stop them from destroying their heart? Brain? Unless it the cleric's powers only affect what they can see or what their beam touches, the whole thing seems a little OP.

The clergy would need to see the flesh. It isn't an instant zap of light to the brain which burns a hole through their head but rather a series of intense burns. I'll make an example.

Tarcell closes his eyes, praying to Caharee for help in his follower's time of need.

A slight glow emits from Tarcell's hand as his expression eases.

A beam of Amber light strikes the attacker's face and neck area causing intense blistering and burning.

Tarcell's hands would steam as the smell of burnt flesh wafts around.

Tarcell ends the beam of light to hold his injuried hands to his chest. The attacker claws at his face on the ground in pain.

Ah, ok, I was just wondering about that, one more question, what is the deity's goal? Is it to be recognized as the Creator or be the Creator?

Why do you feel another sect of Clerical magic must be created for the Church, with all other options currently available?

@Idephius

The deity's goal is to gain followers and to be worshipped. As it mentioned, he thinks of himself as a god, and the best way to get there in his opinion is to pretend to be a worshipped one.

@Swgr

1. Clerics and the Church are at odds at the moment. The chances of a cleric teaching a member of the clergy clerical magic are very slim. The chances that member of the clergy teaches it to the rest of the clergy after learning it are slimmer and would take many months.

2. I feel Cleric magic doesn't quiet fit with the Church while this adds a new flavor to it to keep it unique.

3. The two clerical deities are unrecognized by the Church and wouldn't be prayed to be the clergy.

Fair enough. While further addition of immortals and divine ruses consisting of Creator impersonations make my stomach uneasy most of the time, this seems alright, and the Daemon's magic is not consistently based on sole purging of tainted beings alone like the three-something other Aenguls whom lord over Clericism, which is also good to see. 

The concept is intriguing, definitely nice if something like this could be implemented to provide a larger variety of Deity Magics.

In some ways it reminds me of the 'Magic the Gathering' 'Boros Guild' a burning righteousness.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=205361&type=card

And Otha is right, currently the Oren Church is at odds with the current Aengul revering Clerics due to their 'worship' of their deities. As according to the 'Church of the True Faith's' religious texts it states that it is a sin to worship anything but the Creator.

However, any Creator Worshipper can actually easily get trained as a Cleric of either Tah or Xan. I myself am an example, as a member of the Order of Saint Lucien and devout Creator worshiper I was easily accepted into the Clerical Order. The only issue that still remains is in RP, if the Oren Church accepts Clerics then they could be taught.

As for teaching in general it's currently difficult as there are barely any teachers for the current holy magics available. Having another one may provide for more teachers and a fresh form of leadership other than the well recognized stingy Tah administration, stereotypes left by persons such as Wardog.

Personally, I would prefer the magic merely turning things to dust than to death ray & boil the living Jehovah out of people.

Wat he said ^^^^

Not to mention I was approached a while back about the integration of clerical dieties within the church however the topic has come to a standstill till me and Cracker could once again talk about the subject.

tumblr_m9pab9dgdd1qgj4zoo5_r1_250.gif

@Swgr

1. Clerics and the Church are at odds at the moment. The chances of a cleric teaching a member of the clergy clerical magic are very slim. The chances that member of the clergy teaches it to the rest of the clergy after learning it are slimmer and would take many months.

2. I feel Cleric magic doesn't quiet fit with the Church while this adds a new flavor to it to keep it unique.

3. The two clerical deities are unrecognized by the Church and wouldn't be prayed to be the clergy.

This basically flat out illustrates the issues I have with any concept of creator based magic that has come up so far. It essentially seems like you are solving IC issues through OOC means, by simply making another deity that you did not have before. Clerical magic is one of the few magical subtypes that were actually started in Aegis, much like Druids and even Shades. Sorry the magic doesn't fit with the church, but they were around before the church, and that doesn't mean you can just be like, btw we have our own aengual now - no need to worry about RPing with actual clerics in the future. All of the reasons you've listed are IC and RP problems, to me.

To add actually relevant feedback however, I will compliment you on the drawbacks and the general concept of the magic. A lot of proposed holy magic in the past basically has been a cloned, less disciplined form of what was already being RP'd as actual clerical magic, especially when MAs were dropped and everything was free game. This actually has its own identity, which is enjoyable to see for once.

Still, though, the reasons you've listed for the magic have me a bit skeptical as to whether or not the issues are really that large, or not. You can't complain about clerics OOCly when you are the one ICly deciding to basically ostracize them, that's just RP. Also, Charles, I'm really not sure how I'm the stingy one considering you all utterly refuse to accept, already accepted, entities of the clerical subtype. Up until this point creator clerics have simply made it my own and others' problem because of the identical methods in which either of the magics were role-played. At one stage Hosper and I were actually expected to make an explanation for them, can you maybe see where I'm coming from, with that established? It's been a long stretch, and only just now are we seeing something that is not simply differentiated by the fact that it uses Latin or fire or something, which is good I suppose.

Eddy there is a solution to you guys getting clerical magic. There is still one or two "creator" clerics, the only issue is you will be forced to accept Tah is the one giving you magic, however, because of the situation between the creator clerics and tah, those who still are, can teach clerical outside the order.

To make it clear, this isn't the church saying "Since the Clerics won't give us magic, we are making our own!" This is my way of diversifying the Church which received a lot of feedback shown in this thread.

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/117104-what-do-you-think-about-the-church-of-the-canon/#

The reason clerical magic wouldn't be the best choice is because it follows a deity the Church doesn't recognize. Jade, I highly doubt the Church would change the way it functions for a deity for magic. This would add diversity and not harm numbers from the clerics since the clergy and the clerics are too separate entities.

I'm gonna have to agree with wardog here, this does feel like an OOC way of addressing an IC issue.

To make it clear, this isn't the church saying "Since the Clerics won't give us magic, we are making our own!" This is my way of diversifying the Church which received a lot of feedback shown in this thread.

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/117104-what-do-you-think-about-the-church-of-the-canon/#

The reason clerical magic wouldn't be the best choice is because it follows a deity the Church doesn't recognize. Jade, I highly doubt the Church would change the way it functions for a deity for magic. This would add diversity and not harm numbers from the clerics since the clergy and the clerics are too separate entities.

it wouldnt hurt the numbers from the clerics as there are still "creator clerics" around. Those devout of creator faith and believe 100% the creator gives them magic. I have 2 both raised in human cities, that are creator clerics. Kaila Hightower and Juliet Asul'ker

Yet, the Church is still at odds with many of the current clerics due to various reasons including the death of one of our bishops. It is irreverent; however, because this isn't some OOC way around it. This is a unique idea to be added to the Church in order to make it a bit more interesting.