Flower Of Crystal [Lore]

Kitten

Flower of Crystal - Also known as Crystal Death

tumblr_nfktufdXfK1rhkja1o1_1280.png

What is this flower?  Well it is a flower that has an abnormally high amount of Sodium Calcite  and Calcium.  It has the ability to grow and bloom despite this, however it appears to be covered in crystal.  It is edible but rather crunchy.

Ok, so I ate it, what happens to me?  Well for the first few hours nothing, then it starts to hurt, your body feels like its stiffening, from bones first.  This is caused by a property in the flower spreading out into your body and turning you into a crystal.  Breaking the crystals will actually chip part of the body the it is encasing, as the skin is the last thing the change.

Ok, I want to cure it, is there a non magical way?  No, so far it hasn't been experimented on to try and find a cure.  However if one was to directly figure it out I would love to see the screenshots and then even add it to the lore.  My suggestion is find a chemical that would de-calcify and another that would affect salt or slow a chemical reaction down.  

Now a way to do this, and the key ingredients are Sugar, which stops most of salts progress due to it being the opposite of salt in many ways, and an acid which stops the calcification.  You can experiment to figure these out, I don't want to see just BOOM I GOT A CURE!  Without actually working on one.  The acidic compound must be high in acid.

Wines, Carbonated waters, and cherries all have high content, so adding these may help.  As for sugars you're going to need a good amount in it.  Of course you're not going to just want those two ingredients, you're going to want to reduce that, and make it much more potent.  Adding in a few other things most likely to numb pain if you want the pain of it reverting back to be numbed.  A low dose will just stop it, a high dose will turn back the transition, unless yet again, it has completely taken over the organs.  

Ok, so I'm a cleric, how do I solve this?  A cleric would most likely not be able to figure out what is going on first time around, as this acts unlike any other poison and a cleric would have to figure out whats going wrong they would most likely watch in horror as their friend turned to Crystal.  However after seeing it done the first time the cleric would be able to figure out that they are turning to crystal from the inside out, so the symptoms would have to be cured by first purifying the blood, then working on the joints, once its past crystallizing the organs, the persons already dead, you can't live without a beating heart.  If the cleric can get to the person before that stage is complete then the victim will live.

Ok, can I mine it?  No, you can represent the statues with Lapis or Quartz but the crystal is completely worthless, no mining it and trying to find diamonds.  

So what can eat it?  Well there are a few animals that I will put here later.

Why can they eat it?  Over the many hundreds of years these creatures have developed an immunity, they tend to eat these leaves to help their digestion.

So why can you rp this?  Its just a poison with a different way of killing, and has a special effect on specific animals but it doesn't impact any MC default as the bodies aren’t really valuable, nor will it give the animals any special abilities.

This sounds rather op, what drawbacks are there?  Well for one always wear gloves so it doesn't begin to crystallize your hands.  It also has a rather salty taste so if you put it in food, replace the salt with this so you don't give yourself away.  Its also quite hard, so either compound it, or liquefy it to make it easier fed, or else those hard chunks will break a tooth, and give you away.  ALSO when compounded it would still have the texture of sand, and be gritty in food.  So better find something to disguise it in if you plan on feeding it to someone.

What if normal animals that haven’t developed a tolerance for this try to eat it?  Simple they die just like anyone else.  

Where is it found?  In the underbelly of Atgaard, and rarely in other locations.

Could it grow in other environments?  Yes, though it is rare in other locations (This allows ET's to use it in events).  If one was to take two and transplant them, properly of course, that means to cropping the roots and if they survive the shock they can live in other areas.  Of course you need to wear gloves during this whole process.

Would it kill the animals in those environments?  Of course!

tumblr_inline_ncm98qfsJm1ro9g6y.gif

Reminds me of this episode in Avatar, Great lore nice new poison +1

Well, then have someone RP to make a cure silleh, right now it hasn't been experimented with.  

No.  It is just fine when crushed!  ^.^ Since the properties are in the crystal unless you mix it, it will be regular.

I made some of those on the Map, but they are very big flowers!

Also known as Crystal Death

That made my brow raise.

They aren't actually big, they are represented by the blue orchids.

Everything was fixed, so Accepted!

Sorry for the wait.