[Alteration Magic] Animation

Mephistophelian

This is already possible. Simply not to the degrees of high quality of intellect. I can make a talking broom who makes questionable jokes, which aren't suitable for the work-place, for example.

A few critiques:

1. Tiers don't exist anymore, don't use them. They encourage looking back to an antiquated system that isn't relevant to the server at this point.

Tiers served as a good way of neatly laying out what's possible with a magic, and in what order the list of spells should be learned due to their various degrees of difficultly.

The only reason they're antiquated, is because you're sticking with the previous image that they've been given. That they offer degrees of power, which was nonsensical in the first place. Don't trash things that have been dirtied, adapt it to a better use if it worked in the first place.

Mental magic can not create minds or connect to anything without a mind. On the other hand, you can say a mental mage might know more about a mind and so more easily imitate one.

Not even with a mental mage can you have anything close to fabricated sentience. The things created have to follow paterns.

That is, more or less, what I implied. Objects were made where they may effect individuals mentally, such as a ring that relayed poor or otherwise malignant pieces of advice to ones' mind upon wearing it -- it is simple and based on pre-determined commands based on limited circumstances. My point was the same could be replicated, here, to a degree that would demand a greater complexity and in the crafty use of Mental Magic and enchanting

I will only give support if you add this to the original post;

Okay.. soo...

To truly 'animate' them in a sense that we comprehend, they must be given enchantments. Smaller animations may be able to power their enchantments for speech and movement on their own (such as an origami bird being able to fly via telekinesis and speak via illusion, but it is tiny so that does not require much) but something larger might require more. In that case, they must have gems attached to them and enchanted with each specific purpose, a purpose which the animation is capable of tapping into and editing, such as the voice and movement.

First

You can not enchant a object to move in the manner you detail here, it doesn't work. However, I can still see this magic working without a ability to move and only if the objects had a voice, such as a talking teacup that doesn't move. Origami bird don't work, and neither do arcane prosthetics that were proposed previously. 

Second

While I accept what this magic is, I don't see imprinting or imparting sentience onto another object as a good thing. This could well be used for a variety of metagamable purposes such as saying your tea set saw that guy break into the house. The reality is that there is no plausible explanation for why people can't do this, considering I doubt this is designed for a PC race and more likely as a filler in object during two RPing peoples.

Third

The mastery of ones own mind is beyond belief to be able to do this. The cognitive function to create a persona from your own is incredibly strenuous and probably beyond any normal persons capacity, and I would reckon the only character who could actually even begin to attempt that is Bell, the archmage of Aegis inside the city of the mind, all others fall short on their understanding.

While a object may be given ques to react to certain audio ques maybe, like a enchanted object that says a password when someone gets the riddle or something, or acts like a help desk to room numbers for people in a hotel when their name is said.

Fourth

This is just too close to golemancy, but with less cost in my opinion. While the idea is cute, and it is good, I don't believe the creation of sentience is within the grasp of the descendants. Golems are hollows husks of people, since souls were never designed to be put in boxes, this would create something very functionally superior.

In general, -1

-snip-

I do believe the actual enchantment is plausible already through more detail, but less sentiance. I realize you want super detailed explaination on how this is possible, every single magic and detail to possibly pour into why this is possible, but what is the point? It's already possible, and has been done by many enchanters including myself. I for one have made my characters shoe enchanted, so when it sees other shoes it hits on the other shoes and 'licks' them. You can say that these items can be meta gamed but really who is going to go through the trouble in saying that their animated tea cup who they only play when they are around, can hear every detail in someones conversation and or see a person in their owners house and tell their master next time they see? It seems like too much trouble. It's not too close to Golemancy, it's just similiar but to a weaker extent, and in a different manner using a different magic entirely. Is elementalism similiar to evocation because you can use the same elements with each magic? No, it's done in a different manner. Aswell, I have made a flying, and free moving humming bird origami enchantment, is anyone going to complain about that? No, though really if you wanna go as far as that we may simply say as someone said earlier that it can be non canon magic. It poses no OOC benifit, or IC benifit as long as it isn't being used in combat. It's a whimsical form of magic not all too detailed and left somewhat ambiguous which I like about it. So you have a +1 from me if the lore even needs it.

I'm sorry to say that this lore has been Denied.

While smaller things can exist, and do exists, with various limitations, giving full sentience to an object, making it think and have emotions, and making it move around are too much.