[Creature Lore] ~The Fae~

CupCwakez

The similarities are present and it is incorrect to usher nearly the same concept into the server, which further dissolves the possibility of the original lore being used again.

May as well remove Clerics and Xan Paladins then, they're similar! And what about the same old antag with a new name slapped on? Should remove those as well! Let's remove Shamanism while we're at it, Void magics already has elemental oriented stuff. May as well also remove all the similar animal lores because those are similar!!!

Honestly, it's not some detrimental thing that's going to topple the server. The ET aren't roleplaying Draiochtas en masse anyway. Only one to my knowledge is Grimreaper98.

May as well remove Clerics and Xan Paladins then, they're similar! And what about the same old antag with a new name slapped on? Should remove those as well! Let's remove Shamanism while we're at it, Void magics already has elemental oriented stuff. May as well also remove all the similar animal lores because those are similar!!!

Honestly, it's not some detrimental thing that's going to topple the server. The ET aren't roleplaying Draiochtas en masse anyway. Only one to my knowledge is Grimreaper98.

You use the poor choices of others as examples for this, alongside standard lore that are similar in singular aspects. This is not the case here. These Fae share the same qualities of the Draiochtas -- they are tricksters. They are mystical. They also share the same nicknames, and have the same habits. The most broad difference is their physical forms, which makes little difference down the road if they are the same in several other factors.

Do you imply it's proper to replace the work of another with something new - though the same - because there is no drive to play the original concept?

You all are abusing the term mystical lol. Please stop, just use the terms mysterious or esoteric.

You use the poor choices of others as examples for this, alongside standard lore that are similar in singular aspects. This is not the case here. These Fae share the same qualities of the Draiochtas -- they are tricksters. They are mystical. They also share the same nicknames, and have the same habits. The most broad difference is their physical forms, which makes little difference down the road if they are the same in several other factors.

Do you imply it's proper to replace the work of another with something new - though the same - because there is no drive to play the original concept?

They have their similarities, but they are not the same. Primarily their physical characteristics are different, but fae are not Draciochtas nor are they primarily magical beings, and rely on camouflage to hide rather than "blinking". They do not trick out of fun, more so revenge to those who have caused them harm. They enjoy playing with children as well because of their innocence, unlike draciochtas. They quite simply are bug like humanoids with their own society. I have read through both my lore and the lore you have given to me and they do have differences, but yes they too have similarities, but to say they are the exact same is false. Fae could be used as their name because it can be used as a nickname to creatures such as both draiochtas and fae, who lack their own name perhaps and be classified into a similar category. 

Idk I think the fae do offer more roleplay opportunities as well seeing as they are actually attracted to a type of character, children, and overall be fun to have around as well in the roleplay world.

Interesting.

+1

They have their similarities, but they are not the same. Primarily their physical characteristics are different, but fae are not Draciochtas nor are they primarily magical beings, and rely on camouflage to hide rather than "blinking". They do not trick out of fun, more so revenge to those who have caused them harm. They enjoy playing with children as well because of their innocence, unlike draciochtas. They quite simply are bug like humanoids with their own society. I have read through both my lore and the lore you have given to me and they do have differences, but yes they too have similarities, but to say they are the exact same is false. Fae could be used as their name because it can be used as a nickname to creatures such as both draiochtas and fae, who lack their own name perhaps and be classified into a similar category. 

Idk I think the fae do offer more roleplay opportunities as well seeing as they are actually attracted to a type of character, children, and overall be fun to have around as well in the roleplay world.

With that first quote defining the differences and this second quote further cementing it I think this would be a fantastic addition.

However I think it should be a playable character,  much like ghosts, trolls, etc. I announce my bias here, though, as I really wanna play one.

I'm sorry to say that this lore has been Denied.

The animal is pretty harmless, but the fact that it's tiny and can't exacly talk much makes it hard for us to believe much roleplay will come from this. If the ET wishes to take ideas from it, they may do so thought.